Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:34 pm
"Yeah. I mean. I'd like to talk with Jeeves like you and I are doing now, but I don't -need- to..." Lin nodded with understanding, and was backed up by a short nod and a tailflick from the Snivy.
"I probably won't mind if I don't get to talk to them at all but I'd rather -like- to be able to, especially something in the forest... As far as I can tell though, I can't talk to grass, normal, flying, fairy or bug, for sure..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:02 pm
Taavi finished off hos roll, looked at the sausages left in the pan and decided against it; they were good but he was pretty sure he was full. "Right?" he agreed, nodding at Lin and sucking his fingers clean. Though... though really he would mind if it didn't happen. It would feel like he'd been deemed unworthy, that he was unforgiven for past wrongs or simply not good enough to deserve the gift. "Maybe it just hasn't happened yet? Or you haven't met your type," Taavi suggested, reaching for his flask of water. "Um, does your friend Ray have different types of pokemon you could try listening to?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:24 pm
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I just haven't met my type yet." Lin confirmed with an easy smile, apparently he wasn't all that worried- he was pretty comfortable in the forest, in truth, and rather felt that if he got to talk to something, awesome... If he didn't, well he could still 'talk' with his friends anyway, and still appreciate them for what they were.
"Actually, a few, but then, I've got a couple of other people I could ask too... I just don't run into them /that/ often..." He grinned, and gestured around at the forest. "I only met you because Moriko knew someone was about."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:47 pm
"Well I'm glad she did," Taavi replied with a smile and a bob of his head, and with that he realised why - much as Lin seemed to have life worked out in a lot of ways - he couldn't do it himself; he needed human company as much as he needed Valour's. He'd get lonely living in the wild, only meeting up with friends on occasion or running into other people by chance.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:53 pm
"Yeah, me too!" Lin grinned. "You're pretty cool. I'd offer you a cell number or to exchange 'dex or gear info or how ever it's done these days but uh, I don't actually have any of those things..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:58 pm
Oh, well that was a shame but he supposed it made sense. If Lin lived out here all the time how would he even power anything? Well, without a well trained electric type but he didn't have one of those anyway. "No worries, I'm sure we'll find each other again." Taavi smiled and shrugged. "Valour has really good eyes and Moirko located my camp easily.... Wait, you said you had a cabin somewhere though? Maybe Valour could bring you letters from me, or to another place? And he could pick up responses too. We'd be like pen pals!" Probably a bit sad for a twenty year old to get excited about but, again, he'd only just got here and he hardly knew anyway and he didn't like being alone.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:05 pm
"Well, it's more of a shack than a cabin now... Used to be my," Lin paused, and decided well, the word was the true one after all, and in more than one way "family home... It's a bit neglected now but I try to keep it livable. It's on the edge of Sandalwood, so we could certainly do that!" He agreed, brightening as he came to the latter part of what he said.
He didn't seem to find the excitement odd; truth was he actually rather liked the idea himself. He didn't hold all that many strong connections to the 'rest of the world' and his friends. It would be nice to have a new tangible one.
"I stop by often enough for letters, really."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:08 pm
"Cabin, shack," Taavi smiled and shrugged away the difference, "if you can describe it for Valour I'm sure he'll be able to find it." Letters! From somebody you wanted to hear from! Usually the only post he seemed to get was bills and loan offers from companies he'd never heard of or at least he had back in Hoenn and he suspected things would be the same here once he actually had an address to send letters to.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:15 pm
"I'm pretty sure I could describe it or... actually, if I can't, I'm sure Jeeves can describe it pretty well... It used to be his home too."

Jeeves gave a nod, but focused on chewing up the last of his sausage.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:23 pm
"Great, that works then," Taavi said with a nod to Jeeves and a smile back to Lin. "Um, so, would you like to camp with us tonight? Or are you moving on?" There was space in the shelter for two people if they didn't mind getting a bit close but he wasn't sure whether or not to suggested that; though they were getting on really well he and Lin had only just met. He wouldn't mind if Lin didn't though and they could sleep opposite ways up if that would be less weird....

Taavi started silently rehearsing potential ways to suggest the idea, rejecting the terrible and trying to refine the less terrible... Or maybe it was just a bad idea that he should just drop.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:30 pm
"We-ell..." Lin started, and Moriko perked her ears, and snorted- she was fine; the forest was home, and the others were either small or had their own balls.

"Well. If you, uh, don't mind the company, we wouldn't mind staying, at least for the night. I mean. You've a shelter set up, and a campfire already. It would save us a lot of work and it's nice to spend some time with another human, as much as I love this lot..." Lin explained, but added, just in case Taavi was feeling awkward about them staying and didn't want them too (after all, some people didn't enjoy company for too long) "but if you'd rather we moved along, it's no trouble either. We won't be insulted, promise."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:37 pm
"No that would be great!" Taavi responded quite quickly, and with a big smile and an enthusiastic nod. "I mean, um, I've kind of been missing human company myself since arriving here and there's plenty of space in the shelter. Um, I thought I might hang around the area tomorrow too maybe? So, if you wouldn't mind, maybe you could... show me around a bit? I've seen it from above but it's all very different on foot." This was going really well! He felt like he should be more worried about that changing but he and Lin seemed to have a lot in common, he couldn't help being optimistic.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:47 pm
"Oh! Then. Uh." Lin grinned; well, that was nice.

"Well. We'll stay. And sure, I can show you... a bit. I mean. Most of what I know is forest but I can do my best to show you around. Quite honestly, sooner rather than later, if you explore enough, you'll probably have to show /me/ around..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:49 pm
"Ha!" Taavi grinned and rubbed the back of his neck with a shrug. "Well if we get lost, we can always send Valour up to get our bearings for us again." They had a plan! And also some food left for breakfast! All in all life was looking pretty good at least in the immediate future and beyond that... well, he'd deal with that when he came to it.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas