[Fin] Clear the Air Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:02 pm
"It's all forms in clerical and I see the point but blahhh its repetitive in a way that leads to nothing," Lex made a face, eyes tracking KO. "I got the redacted profile for Perceptors, not all of it but enough to see the possibility to be going crossed eyed. Tam mentioned growth solutions, didn't know you were working with her.. but that leads to something."

Lex shifted slightly. "Growth solution as much as I have gathered differs by the species but I can imagine. But if you can't fail at something, does it really do anything important?" Lex pressed up, finishing off his glass. "The ends are different between science and clerical, and a failure or dead end or false start gives rise to new ideas, theories, etc in science."

He paused thinking. "I can't think of what a failure in clerical could lead to that could be a spring board for something else." Could have the occasional laugh though.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:59 am
"Ahhhh, I see your point," KO agreed lazily with a faint frown. Okay, maybe he should slow down. He'd had... a vodka and two absinthes and now another vodka in the space of what? He took another sip of his drink anyway. "Well like I said I'm certainly not discouraging you, you only live once after all...." KO's frown deepened and he looked down into his drink. He'd been dead. He'd probably been dead for most of the month he'd missed, his hair hadn't grown at all. He was prepared to believe a lot of strange things about Jim but he doubted he went around waxing people.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:11 pm
"Some what untrue depending if you believe in reincarnation or died and came back... though people tend to die for just a few minutes at the most..." Lex trailed off , swirling his drink.

"Though I love you even if you did." Lex beamed, cheeks slightly flush and perhaps the sake and absinthes were starting to make him a bit buzz. "  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:36 pm
"I don't," KO replied, still looking into his drink, "or in an afterlife, or anything like that. Once the brain is dead it's dead and that's it. Trust me, I'm... sort of a doctor. Sort of. Still, thanks for the vote of confidence, if I was briefly dead then it's good to know I'm not to be ost... ostracised for it." Lex meant that in a friendly way, right? He'd asked him on a date but.... Anyway, best he deflect any thoughts Lex might be having about people dying and coming back, could be bad for his health.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:44 pm
"Mmhm, only going to ost-ostracise, fun word that one, if you turn into one of the nasty sort of zombies. I do draw lines at somethings... like actual attempt to eat me or loosing bits on the carpet." Lex played with his necklace a bit, relaxed and tipped his drink upwards.

"To survival, and swift recoveries."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:47 pm
"Well that's fair enough," said KO, aficionado of horror movies of all sub-genre, age, quality, and rating. "If I do, aim for the head. That usually works. Usually." Sighing again and feeling faintly fuzzy he raised his own glass to return Lex's gesture. "That'll do me."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:57 pm
"Usually." Lex tipped the glass slightly in answer before finishing his glass and gave a soft sigh of near contentment, setting it aside. "Snacks... snacks... where did I put my pretzels." He muttered and gave a grin, waving them above his head.

"Do you have a bowl to put them in? And do you want to watch zombie movies or something?" While they were on the subject, why shouldn't they watch horror movies. "Sort of buzzed and I'm going to need to walk back to my room.. sometime." He wasn't going to assume talk while having drinks was an open invitation to crash out on the bed.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:04 pm
"Looking for extra tips in case I do turn out to be the living dead?" KO asked languidly with a small raise of his brows. "And.... No I don't think I have a bowl anymore. Most of my things came back from storage but no bowls.... Maybe you should have taken that walker. That'd keep you upright." Ugh. He was definitely feeling the alcohol now, he hadn't exactly gone easy on the measures and it had been a couple of months since he'd really drunk but he'd been fine with the couple of cocktails he'd had with Tam... but those had been long cocktails not mostly spirits. Still it would be a shame to waste what was in his glass and, honestly, didn't he deserve to get drunk after all he'd been through? He'd been dead.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:08 pm
"Nahh, something to distract me from drinking more." Lex gave a tiny hum of thought at that benefit of the walker and shook his head. "Think I would have flipped over it." He opened the pretzels and looked at KO.

"Okay, will try not to get crumbs all over your bed. Do you want some?" Lex lifted the bag up slightly, and picked a handful out, munching.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:12 pm
"Ah...." KO considered the pretzels. "No thanks," he said after a pause. Right though, movie. KO heaved himself to his feet again and crossed over to his desk to pick up his laptop. Seen as he was already over here he poured himself some more vodka too, topped it up with coke, and headed back to his bed. "You'd better not get crumbs on my bed," he said belatedly as he woke the laptop from sleep mode and then pulled up the network's database of movies. "Okay, so, what movie then? I don't want anything I have to think about." Mindless entertainment sounded like what the doctor ordered, or at least the person with a patchwork of medical knowledge.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:14 pm
"Not Moon or Donny Darko then...." Lex hummed, shifting to look over the database of movies, trying to find something. "Shaun of the Dead or Army of Darkness?" He suggested.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:17 pm
"Army of Darkness then, it's under A," KO said, managing to select it after one slight false start where the touchpad didn't seem to want to do what he wanted. With that done he put the laptop down and shuffled back into his previous position against the cushions. From here he couldn't actually see the screen that well but he didn't really care about that, being able to see it properly wasn't the point at the moment. It was more like... brooding background noise.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:25 pm
Lex munched a bit on his pretzels watching the film in slight nostalgia of various Halloweens when younger spent sandwich between his mother and sister. Or with Tems when he had a moment of time. He stretched out, and glanced back.

"Did you want to talk about something?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:44 am
KO considered the question. Eventually he said; "I thought we were talking." Did that satisfy? Probably not but he'd tried. Anyway there wasn't a lot he could say even if he wanted to, not here. If they'd only told him what had happened he'd probably be ecstatic, bragging about being too gorgeous to stay dead and... and things like that. But he didn't know. He didn't know what they'd done to him and that was disturbing.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:40 pm
Lex gave a noise of dissatisfaction and shifted, sitting up to properly talk to KO. "We been talking about things that I'm interested in because you sure don't want to talk about possibly being dead or me being an idiot and asking you out. But I think you should because bottling it isn't good for you."

"Though if you don't want to talk, get over here and watch the movie so we can all remark on how bad the acting is. Feels weird if you aren't." Lex paused, thoughtful. "Or I can just leave and let you brood by yourself."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff