Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:07 pm
"Erm. I just did bloody ask ya..?" Clancy missed the word 'first' maybe... or just didn't care. Probably the latter.
He smirked.
Sure, he knew he got names wrong when he had to try and remember them, but Lex -had- taught him how to view his own team on his 'dex.
"Yeah, sure, ya got a bloody deal!" He only had to look up four pokémon after all...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:45 am
He was going to regret this wasn't he? Ugh. Oh well, you couldn't just do what was easy all the time if you wanted to be respected by your peers.

Still, ugh.

Aulus set off a stopwatch on his arm and started to drum a rhythm on the tabletop with his metal fingers, making a sound like a tapdancing mouse. "I'm waiting."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:29 am
"So I got Mircalla, Clerval, Ditty, and Cobalt- she's the bloody arsehole. They're," Clancy tapped his 'dex to bring the screen back online, and then made a gesture with his fingers to make the text a little bigger "a Carvanha," that one he didn't have to read, but the next few he did "a Pikachu, a Wooper- pft, that's a bloody stupid name-, and an Absol..." He looked up with a pleased grin. He wasn't likely to bother doing that again or remembering them properly unless given the same, or similar, challenge in the future.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:20 pm
Aulus sighed and nodded. "Alright, that'll do, I'll mentor you then." Perhaps he'd even be able to make sure the idiot kept all his limbs, all his digits even.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:01 pm
"Bloody good!" Clancy crowed, with a rather victorious grin, before thrusting a set of set digits out in offer of a handshake. "So, I shoot ya a texty-doodad when me Fanglarbarator turns up, then, eh?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:43 pm
Oh boy. Well the enthusiasm was good at least, he could work with that. Aulus extended his metallic hand to clasp Clancy's fleshy hand carefully, he didn't want to go breaking any bones. "Right," he nodded, "I'll try to meet you on the day you get it but I have quite a busy schedule.... Oh, have you ever considered taking a martial arts class? I run one, it's a useful skill if you're going to end up doing much fieldwork in future." In for a penny, right?  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 pm
"Eh, I gotcha!" Clancy gave a nod, but eyed the metal hand suspiciously even while they were shaking.
"Bloody gentler than I was 'specting..." He muttered, probably having forgotten that Aulus was almost certainly close enough to hear the mumble.

But then there was something else; martial arts? Clancy immediately had visions of being able to flip people over his shoulder; that would be cool...
"Oh aye? Like kung fu karate and all that judo lark? I ain't no slouch f'r a fight but I s'pose some other styles might be bloomin' useful..." He neglected to mention, though perhaps it was obvious somehow, that his own 'style' was either run away very fast or hit someone with something heavy; specifically a wrench.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:11 pm
Aulus grinned or, again, he at least showed teeth in an upward curve. "Well it would be a sad outlook if I did to your fingers what I did to the fork, hu? And it's nominally karate but these days," he lifted his shoulders in a shrug, "it's more sort of 'whatever the hell works mixed martial arts'. If you're capable in a scrap already," hey, it was possible, "picking up some skills like throws, disarming techniques and such will only help. If you attend regularly you might be able to move onto the advanced class I hold, that one deals with weapons. Currently I can teach staff, katana, and knife work but I'm working on a few other things in my spare time that I might be able to work in in time."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:15 pm
Clancy subtly, but quickly, moved his hands back on his side of his plate.

"Ooh! Katana, eh? Big ol' fancy sword majig to swing 'round? That sounds bloody awesome, but," He frowned, clearly puzzled " 'ow d'ya teach knifin'? 'Stick the pointy end in the other guy'? Sure that ain't bloody rocket science..."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:17 pm
Aulus gave a snort of amusment. "You really do have all the subtlety of a sledgehammer, don't you? Tell you what, seen as you think it's so easy you can come have a go at sticking the pointy end of a knife in me at class tomorrow night and we'll see how that goes for you." Of course if Clancy did turn out to be actually trained in something he might end up embarrassed - and bleeding - but somehow he doubted it was going to be an issue.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:22 pm
"Eh? D'ya teach sledgehammers?" Clancy had missed the insult, and genuinely looked interested "Cuz I always thought they'd make a bloody good weapon, see; flamin' weighty on one end... Just let gravity do the bloody work in y' swings, see? And, I dunno if ya wanna go doin' that. I wouldn't wanna end up actually sendin' ya to the bloomin' infirm'ry 'r nuffin' like that..."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:27 pm
"I don't," Aulus replied as bluntly as a sledgehammer, "but if you're so worried about my health we can use a blunted blade, the worst you'll do is bruise me." Of course one of the many advantages of a metal arm was the ability to grab sharp objects - or theoretically sharp objects - with impunity. While it certainly had its drawbacks he really did like his new arm, it wasn't quite his arm but he was sort of used to not having that now, and the titanium prosthetic was a damn beautiful piece of equipment.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:34 pm
"You should think 'bout it!" Clancy raised his eyebrows with a smile, giving Aulus a pointed look as though he'd just shared the best idea anyone was ever likely to hear.

"Blunted. Hrm. Sounds a little nerf-y but aye, makes sense f'r training and I ain't gonna send ya bleedin' that way." The red head suddenly seemed to remember he had food and started carving up the last of his steak as he nodded.
"Aye then. T'morrow night, I'll 'ave a crack at ya with the knife. Sounds fun."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:38 pm
"Humm.... Well I've thought about it and no, I am not going to teach sledgehammers," Aulus replied dryly. "Anyway, tomorrow night, I'll see you down in the main exercise hall at seven pm." It would give his class a good laugh, that was for sure. Aulus polished off the last of his food, gathered his things back onto his tray and stood up. "Don't be late, or I'll use you as a demo dummy for the rest of the class."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:50 pm
"Suit y'self... Maybe I'll figure it out and take up the gap in the market..." Clancy mused, apparently considering the idea of 'teaching sledgehammers' to a class.
It was an idea he'd abandon rather quickly; he didn't like people enough to want to teach them anything, and besides, he couldn't be bothered. Not one of the reasons he abandoned it for was 'because it's a silly idea'...

"I ain't gonna be late, don't you bloody worry 'bout that!" Clancy retorted, as he watched Aulus get up; he still had a few things to eat, himself.
"I ain't never late t' nowt."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces