[FIN] Very Own Monster Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:47 pm
Well maybe Clancy could learn, both about battling and about how to treat his pokemon.... Maybe. Slowly. "Can't do anything about her weakness to grass, other than cover her with other team members," Aulus replied with a shrug. "Aerial Ace is a good bet like I said. I think Swampert can learn a few poison moves, those are super effective on pure grass types but as you get a lot of grass/poison pokemon it's not quite such a sure bet, same goes for bug type.... Mmh you might want to give an ice move to one of your team, that's super effective on grass too and it's not mitigated by poison or bug double typing."

Aulus then looked down at Clerval and frowned slightly, what was with the glum looking mood?... Aulus looked over at Tortie and narrowed his eyes.

Tortie looked back at him and gave an unimpressed huff. <>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:58 pm
Clerval tapped the button to send himself back.

"Ooh! Mirc's got her bitey wotsit! That's an ice un!" He was very pleased to learn, and then share, that Mircalla had something useful.
"Couldn't I just give Ditty a bloody poison move? Or an ice doodad like Mircalla's got?"

<>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:12 pm
"Ah, Ice Fang? Good," Aulus nodded. "As for Ditty... let's." Aulus tapped away on Clancy's 'dex again and pulled up the entry for Quagsire. "Okay so this is what she'll evolve into. Poison move options are... sludge bomb or sludge wave by the look of it, both are quite powerful but they're based on Special which won't be her best feature. Ice on the other hand... Ah, look, Ice Punch. While it's a weaker move her higher physical attack stat will probably mean she'd do slightly move damage with it on average. It wouldn't be a big difference though so really it's up to you if you want another ice move or if you'd rather a poison move. If it were me I think I'd take the poison, it's super effective on fairy types too and that'll be handy for you as you've got two dark types on your team."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:24 pm
"Ey? Dark types 'ave a bloomin' issue with fairy types? That sounds bloody odd..." Clancy frowned. "I think I'll get a flamin' poison move for 'er then... I'm feelin' bloody good 'bout this... Got me Fangalirator, gonna get 'er an Aboreal Asp, gonna get a poison move f'r Ditty..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:33 pm
Aulus snorted. "Tell me about it, but there it is. Kind of embarrassing for all the big tough dark type and dragon type trainers to suddenly find themselves weak to pink fluffy things like Killer there...." And again with the complete inability to remember words. Was there actually something wrong with this guy's head, or was he just that sodding lazy? Aulus shook his head, passed Clancy his 'dex back, and opened up the screen on his arm. "I'm messaging you with the names and tm numbers of the moves we've talked about," he said before falling quiet in order to type. "There," he hit send, "that's Aerial Ace, Sludge Bomb, and Sludge Wave. The last of those three will probably be quite pricey but you might find it worth saving up for, it's a multi target attack and it's always useful to have a few of those. Sludge Bomb is good too though, it's got a higher chance of inflicting poisoned status."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:31 am
Having just committed himself to hefty wage-docking payment plan for his new monstrous alligator pokémon, Clancy knew he wouldn't be buying even one of these TMs right away, but maybe within the next 2 weeks or so, he could get his hands on at least one of them... He didn't really need much beyond feeding and a place to rest, after all, these days; he usually found his own bait for fishing, the hooks he used were cheap, and unless his line broke badly that needed no spending on it... and that was pretty much his only outside of the base interest.
"So, uh... Which un d'ya think is the most bloomin' useful?" Clancy asked, deciding that Aulus had sent him the list as a shopping list, or a checklist, rather than because he kept forgetting the names. "Which un should I be gettin' first?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:47 am
"Hum." Aulus closed up the screen again, frowning deeply. Which first? "Aerial Ace for your Absol," he said after a couple of moments' thought. "It's going to be the cheapest for one and as she's not actually weak to grass herself she'll probably be your preference for fighting them, plus it gives her something to fight back against two of her own weaknesses, fighting and bug. Which move do you think you'll replace?" Now why did he suspect that this was going to be a difficult one for Clancy to answer?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:15 am
"Not that I think she bloomin' well deserves a new attack but if'n it's gonna be any bloody use to me, than well... I'll get on and bloomin' well do that then..." He frowned, considering which one to get rid of, then he seemed to remember something.
"Feint!" He announced after a moment, and soon elaborated on why, revealing a predictable misunderstanding of the move.
"What bloody good is 'avin' 'faint' as a bloomin' move? 'Ow does 'er bloomin' faintin' 'elp the battle 't all?!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:37 am
Aulus sighed and shook his head. "That's not what Feint does. Feint is a normal type move that strikes fast, and can break through a move like Protect that would otherwise turn all damage, it's actually pretty useful in some situations." Considering how important a move Protect was to him and his top strategy of 'not dying please', having an opponent that could shatter it would be considerably less than idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:39 am
"Oh." Clancy responded, rather surprised to learn that 'feint' was actually useful and -far more- useful than he'd even actually thought...
"Well, I guess I ain't bloody well gettin' rid o' that one then... Which un would you suggest gettin' shot of?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:02 am
"Well what else does she know? Feint, Bite, and...?" She hadn't used any other moves so he hadn't the first clue what she might or might not know. Personally he'd kept Bite with Tortie for quite a long time, up until she'd been ready to use Night Slash effectively. Talking about Feint almost made him want to teach that to her again, but what would he get rid of? Eeeeegh, decisions were difficult. Perhaps Giga Impact? But then again the raw power could potentially be very useful one day. Feint Attack? But he liked unfailingly the reliable hit. Night Slash? Blizzard? It was a dilemma, he doubted he'd ever be completely happy with his pokemon's moves.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:14 am
"Ah! Quick Attack and Pursuit!" Clancy declared, promptly; it was likely he only actually knew because they were such simplistic, and descriptive, names.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:17 am
"Hu...." All pretty useful really. "Do any of your other pokemon know Quick Attack?" Sometime getting a fast hit in was extremely useful but you couldn't keep it on every pokemon on your team.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:31 am
"Yeah, Clerval, me yella rat; 'e's got Quick Attack too." Clancy revealed, and then decided Aulus was probably going to ask about /his/ other attacks too.
"'E's also got his bloomin' shockin' doodad- uh, Thunderyshock, and 'e can Growl, and 'e's got a Tail Whip. Didja know that ain't even a bloody whip? 'S just some kinda arse wiggle!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:43 am
Arse wiggle. Aulus snorted. "Yes, I knew that. Weakens the enemy's defence a little, presumably because it looks so bloody ridiculous. Okay, if I were you then I'd swap Quick Attack for Aerial Ace on your Absol." Well he felt as thought they'd made some progress here? Maybe? A little? All would probably be forgotten by next time they met but perhaps not, you never knew.

Ha.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces