[Fin] Fishing for Answers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:07 pm
"Faleen," Aulus continued, frowning and shaking his head. "I spoke to her up in her quarters she...." What? "I mean I don't claim to know her well or anything but she seemed so different. But that's not what we were talking about," he rubbed his forehead and then nodded at Tambrey. "Like Tam- Agent Tambery says, with feedback so limited and no cease and desist oders after the previous trips we made; the one with Asgard, and then when we sent in our ghosts, we assumed that our actions if not approved of couldn't actually be condemned. We know you know where we are, so we wouldn't go where we thought we weren't allowed. We only-" Aulus paused a moment, sighed, shrugged, and shook his head; "-We wanted answers, we'd no intention of interfering with an existing operation but we didn't know there was one as such. But yes I definitely understand the concern, of all people I wouldn't have expected it of her."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:58 am
"I believe the response to your reports was, on multiple occasions, that we would see the matter handled. If that wasn't clear, I'll make it more explicit: Do not interfere with the assigned team's investigation of the fog bank." A degree of sternness her voice had previous lacked carried Clover's words, but in the next moment, she returned to her previous tone, "Also, for future reference - we very much prefer to hear our operatives' self-assigned missions before they're underway, as opposed to after they're completed, so that we can prevent confusion such as this from occurring. There's a lot to be said for a proactive agent, but that doesn't mean it's any less important to go through the proper channels when acting for the sake of the team. There's some very sensitive equipment being used out there right now, and we can't allow anyone to approach unanticipated if we want to achieve reliable results."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:28 am
There wasn't a lot to say to that.
Without being a field agent proper, Tambrey herself could only nod, forgoing the salute, as it seemed like it would look silly while sitting.
"Understood, sorry Executive."

She vaguely wished she was a mind reader so as to hear Aulus' thoughts, or even peek at Clover's, though mostly her mind drifted back to the Sharpedo, and then to a certain chemist's seeming resurrection.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:06 pm
"Understood ma'am, and sorry," Aulus replied, trying to argue their case didn't seem like a wise thing to do right now, just accept you were at fault and move on. He then paused for a moment, frowning thoughtfully to himself as he turned the matter over in his mind. They had Executive Clover right here - well, she had them here but still - there was never going to be a better chance than this to ask. The worst, probably the worst, she could say was no and that was no different to where they'd been anyway. If you didn't ask you didn't get. "Executive..." he paused a moment longer to try to line up a decent phrasing, "is there any possibility of us hearing the progress of this mission or assisting in any way?" He had to ask, right? It would drive him mad otherwise and he was sure Tam was the same.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:38 pm
"Thank you for your understanding," Clover smiled. She focused her attention on Aulus as he continued to speak. When he had finished, she gave her response, "While the enthusiasm is admirable, we've already selected the operatives who will carry out this mission and determined their shifts. If an opening comes up, we'll select the individual best qualified to fill it. As for the progress..." She lifted a shoulder lightly. "The mission results will be published at an appropriate clearance level upon completion. Assuming the results are deemed suitable for agents to view, you can look forward to seeing them when the time comes."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:57 am
"Executive, then," Tambrey began, paused for a moment to make sure she had the right words, with a glance at Aulus she continued "if this isn't, for some reason, classified beyond our clearance level... We can assume that whatever lies, um, in that fog is not of our own?"

She wasn't entirely expecting an answer but it felt like, before the conversation entirely ended, she should ask, just in case.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:29 am
Well that was it then, after all that!-

No, no, he wasn't going to go building up the angry narrative in his head and getting tense, and angry, and then tenser, and angrier, up until the point where he said or did something stupid. He was going to accept it because it was done and he was twenty seven for crying out loud, throwing tantrums was not the way to go.

Aulus couldn't help a small disappointed exhale but that was as far as it went. "Understood Executive." After a small pause he added, "Thank you for hearing me out," because she had and that was worth something even if he didn't like the end result.

Tam's question however.... Aulus glanced at his partner and then looked over to Clover, he didn't have anything to add to the query and so he remained silent.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:14 pm
"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I shouldn't answer that," Clover replied with a small shake of her head.. "I will say this much: The answer as to what lies within the fog could have a tremendous impact. It's for this reason that we've decided to keep all details related to the matter secret until a time at which we feel comfortable sharing them. You're welcome to draw your own conclusions, but I'm afraid I can neither confirm nor deny any of them at this time."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:09 pm
"Understood." Tambrey said again, with a nod, though she couldn't help some mild surprise creeping into her expression that they'd even been told that much.
The language, as well, was interesting.

The scientist was, of course, curious but a lot of things were classified within Team Rocket.
She didn't seem like she had anything else to ask or add.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:50 pm
Hu, well that was interesting; definitely something to chew over with Tam when they left, if speculation was all they had they might as well do it to their hearts' content. "Understood ma'am," Aulus echoed with a small nod. Like his partner he didn't have anything else to ask - seemed they'd reached the limits of need to know - and so he remained silent after that, already turning Clover's words over in his mind for some kind of hidden truth.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:52 pm
Clover nodded approvingly. "If there are no more questions, you're both dismissed."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:25 pm
Tambrey stood, moved behind her chair, pushed it in, and saluted, before moving to leave the room.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:49 pm
Aulus rose, pushed his chair in, and saluted in sync with his partner. He then paused for half a beat in order to fall into step behind her, followed her out of the door, and closed it quietly behind them.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff