[FIN] Uninvited Guest Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:24 pm
Andre gently patted the cool muzzle of his gun against Izaya’s cheek before slipping it back into it’s holster. “Yeah? That’s a pity.” He said, just as calmly as the other as he watched the other basically pace around his office. “They’re both so cute~” He cooed, just to annoy the other more. “Don’t be that way, Kohai.” With a few quick steps he approached the Rocket member, wrapping his arms low around the others waist and dropping his chin on the others shoulder. “If you didn’t come to be patronized,” He pressed his open palm to the others stomach rather possessively to pull him closer.

“Did you come to get smacked around?” He asked, feigning curiosity as he nuzzled his nose against the others cheek. The purple-haired man’s smile was predatory but he released the other and took a step back to let him pass. “Come back and play with me another time, Izaya.” The dark expression was replaced with a bright smile though his slitted gaze held nothing but malicious enjoyment. “Maybe I’ll invite Zacharie and he can watch~”

--

Zacharie quite happily scratched behind the Leafeon’s ear before smoothing his hand along his fur. “If you ever decide you need medication, I could make you some. It wouldn't be hard.” He offered almost distractedly, rather intent on petting the pokemon.

“Happa is a nice name, I don't think every name needs to be outlandish or anything.” Hell, he named his Pumpkaboo the scientific names for pumpkin and bat. “Do you have a lot of other pokemon?” He asked curiously.

Kuroko stated, comfortably leaning against Akira.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:26 pm
Every muscle in Izaya’s body went rigid when Andre embraced him from behind. His listened in silence, his expression only visible to the door before him as it twisted in deep loathing. His heart beat hard as adrenaline coursed through him and he whipped around in a flash, his blade already out and drawn again as he impulsively aimed to slash it across his senpai’s face.

“You can make some? Really?” Akira asked, shocked. “You mean with real plants and herbs and stuff?” He watched Happa blissfully lean in Zacharie’s administrations until the Leafeon was almost falling over. “I’d really appreciate that, Zacharie. Thank you so much for the offer.”

He looked like he wanted to ask something else, but hesitated before speaking again. “Um...would you maybe be willing to teach me? I mean if you’re too busy or you don’t want to give away your secrets, I understand. I just thought it might save a lot of other people trouble if I could learn to make it for myself. And I could pay you, of course, whether for the medicine or how to make it or both.” He fidgeted uneasily, wondering if he was annoying the purple-haired young man with his babbling.

Thus he was very grateful for the subject change. “I guess that’s true,” he answered, chuckling softly. “Um...I have a few. My first was pretty stubborn and we didn't get along much, so it was all I could do to take care of him and Happa. Especially because I was usually too busy working to try to train them and I barely had a clue how to start.

"Recently, though, the one who I had trouble with and I came to an understanding, so I've been able to work with him to become a better trainer and consequently catch more pokemon." He smiled fondly at Kuroko. "I recently discovered that I had the ability to speak to normal-type pokemon, too, so that's also been improving my confidence in my skills as a trainer. Not to mention communicating with my team.

"It's so wonderful to be able to talk to them like people, don't you think?" Continuing to stroke the top of the Espurr's head, he asked, "Do you have a lot of other pokemon? Do you find you favor Psychic-types because you can understand them?"

Happa commented. He flicked his tail thoughtfully. Happa put his paws up on Zacharie to look into his face. If that was a job Akira could have too, Happa wanted to encourage his trainer to try it.

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:28 pm
If Andre hadn’t moved back those few steps, he most definitely would have ended up with scars to match Zacharie’s. He could feel his heart skip a beat as the blade knicked the soft skin just above his jaw before he ducked out of the way, his fist instinctively snapping out and aiming for the others solar plexus.

--

For a moment, Zacharie had forgotten that not everyone knew that he made medicine.

“Oh, yes.” He scritched absently under Happa’s chin since that was where most of his pokemon liked to be scratched. “I’ve been studying medicine since I was seventeen and within the last couple of years I’ve gotten to a point where I can actually start manufacturing it.” He smiled a bit awkwardly, hoping it didn’t sound like he was bragging. “I grow or forage for almost all of the ingredients I use.”

Zacharie paused slightly at the others request, mind racing with thoughts of needed ingredients, tools, chemicals…

“...I could teach you.” His tone was a bit awed. Not many people asked him to teach them...actually, no one had ever asked him to teach them. “You don’t have to pay me, it’ll be expensive to buy the equipment you’ll need so just put your money towards that.” Remembering that he had been petting the Leafeon, he returned to running his fingers through its fur. “You can use the set I keep here until you get your own. You having medicine to make your life a little easier is more important to me than money.” He muttered, leaning over a bit so he could scratch at the pokemon’s sides with both hands.

“My first pokemon was a Shuppet and he’s still a handful. He likes to bicker and start fights...So I know how you feel.” He loved Jabari, they had been through a lot together...but he sometimes wished the Banette would listen to him without getting huffy.

The Agent listened quietly as the other spoke, his gaze trained on the Leafeon leaning against him. “It can be hard to form bonds with your pokemon...but I think you’ll be a good trainer once you get the hang of it.” He remembered how much work he had put into learning how to battle, how to protect himself and his pokemon. It had been hard but he didn’t regret it in the slightest.

“I only have one psychic-type.” He laughed lightly, motioning toward Kuroko who appeared to have taken a liking to the silver-haired boy by the way he was snuggled up against him. “I normally train ghost-types...but I like all pokemon and it is nice to be able to talk directly to them instead of trying to read their body language.”

Kuroko explained patiently, tilting his head this way and that so Akira could pet all of his favourite spots. At least, he was fairly certain that was possible.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:28 pm
Had Izaya been in his right mind, he might have been able to evade the blow better. However, he had acted out of impulse and thus didn’t really have time to plan to dodge any counter-attack Andre returned with. Backing up into the door, he hit his head against it just as Andre’s blow caused his diaphragm to spasm, rendering him temporarily unable to breathe. The Rocket traitor made a small, pained gasp as he slumped to the floor, back still against the door as he shut his eyes in agony. He clutched his middle, his knife still in hand.

"Since you were...I'm sorry, how old are you now?" Akira asked. It seemed a passion for the study medicine must have run in the family since Andre had mentioned having dabbled in that a bit himself. Still, he was surprised that a seventeen-year-old would have had an interest in such things whe when most other guys at that age were usually involved in other hobbies. "Wow...did that have anything to do with Andre studying medicine for a bit, if you don't mind me asking?"

He listened attentively, fascinated, as Happa practically drooled while his eyes began to close. "Amazing...it seems like you have a way with medicine and pokemon," he said, smiling at the Grass-type's relaxed form. "Grow or forage? Goodness, you must be an expert with plants and nature."

"Would you?" the trainer asked, face lighting up. "Thank you so much! Oh, but I'd have to repay you somehow. Are you sure you'd be okay with me using your set for now? You're so generous; I don't want to take advantage, especially because we just met and all." Akira regarded Zacharie with new admiration as the younger male stated that his having medicine was more important than money. He thought he was starting to see why Andre seemed to adore his little brother so. Honest, generous, kind, caring, intelligent...Akira was starting to wonder if he had any faults at all. Happa seemed to agree as he luxuriously stretched his body out on the floor so as to give Zacharie better access to his sides.

At the mention of the Shuppet, Akira smiled. "Was he? I've heard a few things about ghost-types being mischevious. Not sure I could handle one myself. Must have been a tricky first pokemon.” Sighing softly as he allowed Kuroko to guide where he pet him, he said, “Thank you; hearing you say that means a lot. It’s crazy how you’ve been through so much and yet turned out to be such a remarkable person, Zacharie. It’s really no wonder you’re your brother’s pride and joy.” He glanced toward the hallway Andre had disappeared down last. “Speaking of Andre, though, I wonder what’s been keeping him. Do you think he’s okay?”

Kuroko explained patiently, tilting his head this way and that so Akira could pet all of his favourite spots. At least, he was fairly certain that was possible. He smiled.

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:29 pm
Andre straightened himself out before reaching up to wipe at the sluggishly bleeding cut, a wide, manic grin stretched across his features. “Ehh, you really went for it, didn’t you?” He had to bring his other hand up to muffle his laughter. He hadn’t had someone come at him like that since he’d first met Vincent in that back alleyway. He stared down at the others crumpled form with a rather disturbing mixture of pleasure and malice. “So rude, kohai. I was just trying to be nice.”

--

Zacharie cocked his head slightly in confusion. “I just turned 21 at the beginning of the month.” He said slowly, not really sure what that had to do with anything. “Oh...no, I didn’t really meet Andre until I was…” He lifted his gaze to the ceiling as he thought. “I’m pretty sure I was nineteen...maybe about to turn twenty.” Right after he had gone to see his parents’ graves. “Our parents worked in the medical field and I guess our grandparents own a few clinics in Grande Isle...I grew up reading medical textbooks.” He shrugged lightly before flushing at what he perceived was a compliment.

“That’s…” He smiled lightly, a bit embarrassed. “I just really like plants, that’s all.” He laughed quietly under his breath as Happa stretched out at his feet before sliding onto the floor himself so he could continue to pet the pokemon. “But yeah, I wouldn’t mind. If you want to pay me back that’s fine too, I guess. Just not until you can get your own equipment, it’d be stupid to try to pay me to teach you when you can’t afford to get the things you need to learn.” It’d take Akira far too long to save up that way and it wasn’t like he needed the money.

The Agent ducked his head a gave a soft huff, “Geez,” One hand left off petting Happa in favour of awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. “I wouldn’t say remarkable or anything...that’s a bit much.” He grumbled, trying his hardest to keep the flush from spreading.

Which was surprisingly easy when Akira reminded him of just whom his brother was talking to in the other room.

“Izaya!” He leapt to his feet with surprising grace, before practically sprinting towards the doorway. “Uhm I mean, please wait here. I’ll go get Andre and we can have tea.” His smile was a bit strained before he disappeared down the hall to find his brother and teammate.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:31 pm
The man curled up on the ground glared up at the purple-haired informant. He still hadn’t recovered enough breath to reply, but that didn’t stop him from trying to kick out Andre’s legs from under him. Forcing his body move, he lunged forward with his knife, determined to do more damage if he could.

“Oh, I see. That explains a lot,” the shop clerk murmured, thinking how it sounded almost like the brothers had taken on the family practice even if they hadn’t necessarily been obligated to. He supposed it made sense since people tended to become interested in what they were exposed to, especially when role models like parents were involved.

“I know a lot of people who like plants, but that doesn’t mean all of them do something with it,” he pointed out. “It’s really impressive how far you’ve come if you’ve been researching and experimenting with medicines since you were seventeen.” Akira laughed. “Humble, too...you must have to beat people off with a stick! Or maybe Andre does.”

Zacharie’s sudden outburst of an unexpected name caused the silver-haired man to blink in bewilderment. “Iz - what? Zacharie?! What’s the matter?” Without thinking to even set Kuroko down, Akira went after his companion as Happa tentatively followed in their footsteps. He stopped abruptly and walked right into his trainer’s legs when said trainer was instructed by Zacharie to remain in the sitting room.

“Uh...okay,” he answered with mild concern as he stood in the doorway. Had he really just heard Zacharie say what he thought he’d said? “Let me know if I can help in any way!” He hadn’t liked the strain of Zacharie’s smile.

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:32 pm
Andre hopped back to avoid the rather weak attempt with a laugh, though he was honestly impressed that the other was moving at all. “What are you doing, Izaya?” He kicked, aiming for the others head but freezing mid-swing as the door to the office was flung open to reveal a rather frazzled Zacharie.

Louis stood behind him, blocking the door but looking rather like he was ready to take a swing at Izaya himself. “Wha-” The Agent sputtered, unsure what was really going on here. “Ah...Zacharie.” The information broker took a few steps back to put enough distance between himself and Izaya before smiling at his little brother. “Izaya, are you alright?” Zacharie took a few steps forward, saw the knife, paused, and then took a few steps back. Andre scowled and glared down at the dark-haired man. It wasn’t like Izaya was the one bleeding or anything. “I think Izaya would like to leave.” He said simply, drawing his hand away from his face to peek at the blood.

“You’re bleeding?!” Zacharie looked between the two, unsure of where to start or what to even do. “What the hell were you two doing?!”  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:32 pm
The black-haired man used the time bought by Zacharie’s interruption to get air back into his lungs. He coughed a few times as folded his knife, put it away a second time, and pushed himself back up to his feet with great difficulty. Attempting to act as though no one new had entered the room, Izaya tried to slip past Zacharie and Louis, one arm still around his middle where he’d been punched.  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:33 pm
Zacharie had no idea what to do. Obviously something had happened but it appeared that no one was going to actually tell him what had happened. He let the dark-haired man slip past him with nothing more than a concerned frown since he doubted Izaya would stop for him anyway.

“Will you require a ride back to town, Orihara-san?” Louis asked, tone tight but otherwise reflecting nothing. Andre turned his back to the group in favour of searching for something to start cleaning up the cut. “Izaya...do you want me to call you a cab? Or...Or have someone come get you?” Zacharie asked fretfully, slowly trailing after the older man.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:35 pm
When Izaya began to speak again, it wasn’t to address Louis, but Zacharie. He continued to walk forward as he did so, headed for the house’s front door through which they had come as he continued staring straight ahead.

“Zacharie...what would you do if I killed your brother?” he asked in a monotone voice, not even bothering to slow his stride.

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:36 pm
The Agent paused, stunned into stillness. “I…” He watched the others back as he made his way to the front door. “Don’t say something like that.” His voice shook, just a bit. What would he do? He tried to think about his life without his brother in it. A concept so strange even though he had spent most of his life without Andre. He would be angry, heartbroken…

But he didn’t know what he would do.
He didn’t want to know what he would do.

Please don’t say something like that, Izaya.” He turned his body to block the doorway to the sitting room as they passed. “That’s not...that’s not something to joke about.”  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:36 pm
“Why?” he asked, his expression and voice still emotionless as he ignored the sitting room on his way to the front door. “You haven’t even known him that long.”

It wasn’t until he had opened the door that he glanced back over his shoulder. “Would you hate me?”

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:38 pm
Zacharie didn't really know what the length of time had to do with anything. Andre was his brother, he loved him and looked out for him and offered up his home when they had hardly known each other.

“Izaya…” He stared at the other with wide eyes full of confusion and sadness. He probably would hate the older man. The thought made bile rise up in his throat. Behind him he could hear Andre come into the hallway and he knew that he'd hate anyone that took his brother from him. “...I got it.” He said quietly, finally dropping his gaze to the floor. “I'll leave you alone.” His hands clenched at his sides. “So you don't have to worry about it anymore.”  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:38 pm
Seeing the look on the younger man’s face, Izaya heaved the deepest sigh he’d sighed all day. He turned to look at his phone, dialing a number to hail a cab to go back to the city. When he was finished, he turned back to face Zacharie directly and pulled him into a hug.

“Thank you,” he said in a voice so low it was almost inaudible. Then he released the purple-haired Rocket and headed off down the road. Even if he had to wait for a cab, he didn’t think he could stand around there any longer.

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:39 pm
The Agent paused for a brief moment before wrapping his arms around the other, gripping the back of his shirt with both hands before letting his arms drop back to his sides as the older man stepped away. “Be safe.” He murmured, watching the other until he disappeared from view.

“Zacharie…” Andre’s hand was warm on his shoulder but Zacharie didn't much feel like being touched at that moment. “You were bleeding...and Akira…” His voice trembled and he sniffled quietly before moving into the sitting room. “I've got my first aid kit, come sit down.” He motioned to a seat and waited for his brother to sit before digging through his bag.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff