Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Bobbing for Apples Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:26 pm
Ah, yep, just as he thought. Well that was good, he would've been a bit disappointed if Zev didn't want to try again. He'd either have to try again while he just stood there watching, or forgo trying a second round entirely, and he didn't care to do either. "I don't either, these do seem a little hard to handle." By which he meant purposefully inaccurate, but that was besides the point. "I think I do too, so that sounds good." With a nod, Abel aimed for the targets on his side - or rather, aimed a little to the left of the targets, since his rifle shot to the right a little bit - and left Zevran to deal with the targets on his side.

As he'd hoped, he did much better the second round than he did the first. Once his rounds were spent and targets successfully hit much more often than not, he handed his rifle back in exchange for an almost excessively large stuffed Nidoqueen plush. "That was fun, yeah?" He asked as he turned to his friend, a hint of mischief in his otherwise bright smile. Oh yes, the shooting gallery staff probably would not be a fan of theirs now, but oh well. He was satisfied with his two rounds, and with the plush he'd received. While he himself didn't like plushies or anything of that nature, he knew quite well that Vanessa would like it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:55 pm
This time was better, much better, and much much better than the people on the booth had probably expected. Zevran grinned as he handed back the awful rifle and accepted a life-sized Dratini plushy in its place, which he draped casually around his neck before collecting his basket and turning his grin onto Abel. "Excellent fun!" he replied cheerfully. "I do like it when I win.... Humm, and what's that?" Zevran gestured as he turned towards the object of interest, a long pole jutting out over a pond. At the end of the pole was a piece of red cloth dangling from a wire overhead and as he watched a woman tried to make her way across the length of wood but before long she slipped with a yelp of surprise and landed in the pond with a splash.

"Oooh, a greasy pole, shall we go and watch people fall in the water for a while?" Zevran suggested with a more wicked grin. "I wonder what the prize is to make people risk falling into the water?" It wasn't a cold day by any means, it was quite pleasant in fact, but walking around a fair squelching couldn't be a lot of fun.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:10 pm
Given the shape of the plush he'd won he couldn't carry his about nearly as easily as Zevran could carry his, but he settled for tucking it under one arm. Granted it was rather unwieldy and he would no doubt bump into a great many people with it, but he saw little other option for carrying the thing around. Maybe he should've gotten something a little easier to carry... Oh well, too late now. Regardless he aimed a bright grin at his friend, feeling much more lighthearted than he had in a long time since he didn't have to worry about Alyssa today.

"Me too, and.. Oh?" He turned his attention to whatever Zevran was looking at, and tilted his head a bit when he saw it. "That doesn't look like a game they normally have at fairs," the blond noted with a hint of curiosity in his tones, "though I don't go to fairs much, so what do I know? Yeah, watching sounds fun, though I don't think I'll try it myself," he said with a chuckle as he started heading towards it, Isaac at his heels. "It has to be a pretty good prize though, I wonder what it is..." Maybe a cash prize? Did fairs even do those..? Hell if he knew. "I guess we'll find out when we get there, yeah?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:15 pm
Zevran agreed with Abel's guess with a small noise and a nod of his head already making his way toward the game, if you could call it a game. There was a small crowd up close watching the steady stream of failures just as they had come to do. After looking around a little more Zevran spotted the prizes and tapped Abel's arm to draw attention to them; sitting in comfortably furnished clear - tanks, cadges? - clear whatever you would best call them were a handful of prettily coloured pokemon.

"Rare species?" Zevran asked Abel curiously.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:24 pm
Huh, the game - attraction maybe? - had drawn quite a pretty little crowd of people. No, he definitely didn't want to try it himself, but it certainly seemed a number of other people did. But why... "Hm?" The tap at his arm drew his attention and he dutifully followed Zevran's gaze to what could only be the prizes. "Quite a handsome assortment, yeah? I guess those're what everyone's after. Uh," he frowned a bit, his eyebrows knitting together, "I'm not an expert on pokemon by any means, but I think so? One of them's an Eevee, I know that much. They can evolve into a handful of different pokemon, one of them being Espeon like Isaac here," the named gave a cheerful 'eon!' as if to affirm this statement, "but I don't really recognize any of the others, sorry."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:28 pm
"Ooooh..." Zevran looked up at the prizes for a few moments longer before reaching a decision. "Hold my enormous serpent for me would you?" he requested with a smirk, reaching up to loop the Dratini around Abel's neck before setting down his basket and adding his wallet, phone, sneakers and socks to its contents. With his valuables and footwear stowed he moved to take a place at the back of the line of hopefuls. The Eevee on display was quite pretty and he had to admit there was a little desire to show off in him as well, just as they had done well in the shooting gallery he was sure he could perform here. Of course as there was no platform at the end of the log getting wet seemed like a certainty but that would be quite tolerable if he managed to win a prize.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:13 pm
"Oh, uh, o--," and Zevran was gone, "...kay. Guess he wants one of those pokemon, huh?" Abel said with an amused smirk to Isaac and Amigo as he adjusted the large plush scarf he now wore. Rather than leave the basket where it was to possibly be trampled or forgotten, he carefully bent down to pick it up with his free hand, then moved to a spot not too far away that would afford him a better view of the participants - one of them in particular, of course - as they tried to snatch the bit of cloth and win a prize.

Down at his feet Isaac made a displeased noise, his ears flicking back, and Abel aimed an apologetic smile down at the psychic-type. "Sorry bud, I know you want a better view but there's no room for you on my shoulders at the moment."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:04 am
The line was moving fairly quickly, people didn't tend to stay on the pole for very long and once they fell in it was just a matter of waiting for them to swim out of the way before the next person could go. While they were waiting however there was a short form to fill out which Zevran found completely unnecessary but rather amusing; I [insert name here] certify that I am a strong swimmer, do not have any heart or back problems, etc etc, and that taking part in this activity is entirely at my own risk.

At the front of the line Zevran signed his form with a flourish, handed it over and stepped up onto the platform leading to the pole. The pole was indeed very slippery and he only managed a few steps before his balance wavered beyond immediate recovery. Rather than going into the water Zevran threw his weight in the opposite direction and tucked down into a roll, using his hands rather than going over on his shoulders. With this momentum he came upright, sprang forward a few unsteady steps, rolled again as both feet went out from underneath him and then launched into empty air, snatching the red flag on the way past.

He landed in the water less gracefully than he might have liked, back first spreadeagled in fact which made quite a splash but he was grinning when he surfaced. Dashing the water from his face he scanned the crowd for Abel and when he spotted him he waved the flag triumphantly before turning away to swim to the shore and clamber out via the temporary plastic steps the fair had provided.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:47 am
Abel didn't have a free hand to wave with - one arm was occupied by a giant Nidoqueen plush and the other hand was carrying Zevran's basket - but he flashed his friend a bright grin that he may or may not have seen before he headed to presumably claim his prize. The blond watched him maneuver his way back for a moment or two and, once assured of exactly where he was headed, he started walking over to meet up with him.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:55 am
It was a dripping wet, triumphant looking Zevran who met up with Abel a short while later. "Humm, you know I am put oddly in mind of when we first met," he said with a mischievous chuckle as he tossed his new pokeball into the air and caught it again. "I took the eevee, a very pretty coat and I like the idea of it turning into one of many things; flexibility has always appealed to me. Ah, gracias," he said added as he reached out to take back his basket and his Dratini.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:03 pm
"Ah, you're right," he agreed with a chuckle, recalling the sudden downpour they'd both found themselves in that day and how soaking wet they ended up, "although this time I don't think there's any hand dryers in any bathrooms around to dry off with. Such a pity you'll have to deal with a wet shirt all day," the blond added in innocent tones that contradicted his wicked grin before he continued, "or at least until it dries. Which reminds me, I can hold onto your Dratini for now if you don't want it to get wet." Either way he offered the basket back without issue, and stood prepared to give the Dratini as well if Zevran didn't care about the plush getting damp too.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:09 pm
"Ah, but I am willing to endure it to make a pretty view for everyone else," Zevran replied with a wink. It wouldn't be too bad anyway as the day was quite warm, definitely worth it to get hold of the pretty eevee. "Ah, and if you wouldn't mind that would be helpful," Zevran added with a slight nod. "As ponds go that was quite a pleasant one but it's still a pond, not quite crystal clear waters." Getting the new plushie damp wouldn't be great in the first place but damp with pond water would be worse.

"After that invigorating little moment I think I am ready to eat, shall we go over to the food area?" Zevran suggested; he could smell it from here, and it all smelled very promising indeed.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:23 pm
"So noble of you to sacrifice your own comfort for the benefit of others," he said with a smirk and a chuckle. Not that he was about to complain... Not that he normally did. Normally he just didn't notice. "I didn't even think of that," he went on with a light frown. It was true though, a pond in the middle of a fair could only be but so clean... Which probably wasn't that clean. Now he was quite glad he didn't try. He wouldn't have wanted his clothes to get wet, and where would he have put his plush for Vanessa, or his phone, or anything else...

Food? "Oh, yeah, sure. And as much as you probably don't like wearing wet shoes, you should probably put yours back on soon," Abel added as he began heading to the food area, trying to ignore how delicious everything smelled, or how hungry he felt. "They probably don't want people wandering around barefoot. Plus you don't know what's on the ground that you might step on, yeah? Rocks, nails, unfortunate ice cream casualties... The list goes on! Was it worth it though?" He asked after a moment, glancing keenly at his companion. The Eevee did look pretty from a distance, although not his favorite colors, but maybe it looked even nicer up close?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:41 pm
"A wise notion," Zevran agreed, pausing to squirm his way back into socks and shoes - always difficult with damp feet. With that done he straightened up, swiped a hand back over his hair to get rid of some of the water, and set off beside Abel.

"Definitely worth it," he agreed with a nod. "I couldn't choose between it an a brown and cream little thing called a Ralts but the Eevee came up to the front of the cadge and wagged its tail at me and stuck a paw out of one of the airholes." Zevran grinned and shrugged. "Perhaps that makes me a sucker but attitude is important no? Oooh, pulled pork? Burgers? Corn dogs?" There was a lot of choice and everything smelled amazing, he was just going to have to choose at random. "What are you thinking of having?" he asked, looking up at Abel curiously.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:49 pm
"Aw," Abel couldn't help but reply, a smile working its way onto his face. "That sounds cute, you'll have to show me later. I've always had a soft spot for Eevee, and attitude is definitely important, yeah."

...oh yeah, food. Augh... He was quite hungry by now, but he didn't have any money to buy anything to eat... "I think for right now I'll just find some water somewhere," he answered somewhat evasively, and then to turn the topic off himself, he asked, "what do you think you'll get? They do have plenty of options, it seems."

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff