Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:23 pm
When Zevran stirred, Isaac's ears twitched and he lifted his head to see the human sitting, so he made a soft noise in the back of his throat to alert Abel. The blond's eyelids fluttered open and he jerked his head up, his senses mostly still asleep, but all the same he twisted to put one arm on the bed so he could hoist himself up onto it, or attempt to at any rate. As he did so, he got a glimpse of his friend sitting up in bed and his eyebrows rose a bit as he realized that he was awake and okay - nothing bad had happened to him during the night - and he managed to mumble a partly surprised, partly relieved, mostly too sleepy to be as enthusiastic as he would've been were he more awake, "Oh."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:32 pm
Zevran moved quickly, not as quickly as he normally could but the jolt of adrenaline sent through him by the noise and movement put a little strength back into his muscles. His shoulder hit the half-seen shape in the chest as Ethan tried to sit down beside him on the bed and he bore him to the ground. Weak, shaking still; he couldn't hope to fight well so this would have to be over quickly. Face contorted in a snarl Zevran grasped the inviting throat and fumbled for a moment until he could squeeze there and there, cut off circulation of blood to the brain, have him out cold if he could hold it for just a few seconds.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:44 pm
If he'd had a few more seconds to wake up enough for his brain to start processing thoughts again, he would've had more to say. He would've asked questions like, 'Are you okay? How do you feel? Do you want any water? How much of last night do you remember?' If he'd had time to, that is.

Unfortunately he didn't, but at the very least he was wide awake now.

In hindsight, he probably should've expected his friend to react so violently. If their roles were reversed, he knew he would react that way, at least, so he couldn't even be a little mad when Zevran floored him and wrapped his hands around his throat. Just because he wasn't upset didn't mean he didn't mind it, of course - Isaac and Sonia seemed to mind it quite a lot, as both pokemon jumped up immediately and cried out, with the latter darting to his side - so he fumbled for a moment to find Zevran's wrists, then his hands. Shaking; he was shaking, still suffering from the effects of the night before. Abel managed to pull Zev's hands away from his neck just enough so that he wouldn't pass out and so he could speak freely. "Dude," he said, knowing it wasn't the time for levity or joking but he couldn't help the relief that flooded through him to see Zevran awake, alert and aware of things again. Seeing him as a quiet, obedient zombie had been frightening. "I know you feel like s**t but that doesn't mean you have to try and kill me over it."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:50 pm
No, no, no, no!...

"What?" The panic that had spurred him into action wavered and winked out as he recognised the voice. Zevran stopped struggling against the grip on his hands, Abel's grip, and sagged partially with relief but mostly with a wave of renewed dizziness and nausea. "Abel?" he mumbled, and he had been about to go on with questions but rather more immediate concerns grabbed his attention and so instead he said; "I'm going to throw up."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:54 pm
He remembered very well the last time he'd said that exact same phrase - plus a few more words, but that was besides the point - to another person, but since the cause of Zevran's nausea was vastly different, Abel gently pulled one of his friend's wrists to one side. "Trash can," he said promptly, getting thrown up on was not on his list of things to do this morning, "right there."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:06 pm
He grabbed the trash can on the third try, hunched over it and spent the next couple of minutes with his guts heaving so hard it hurt. Eventually he was just spitting bile - the acid burned his throat - and then after that it stopped but he didn't move from his posture of curled misery because if he tried he was pretty sure he would either fall flat on the floor or start retching again, both probably.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:21 pm
At first he felt a bit of nausea himself listening to Zevran, but that passed long before his friend's stomach finally seemed to settle... For now, anyway. Abel pushed himself to his knees and slid closer to his bedside table to grab the water bottle that still sat there. He held it out for the shorter blond to take if he wanted it, while his free hand gingerly moved to Zevran's shoulder. "D'you want some water?"

Sonia had taken a moment during the shorter human's sick spell to fetch some damp paper towels, and upon her return she plopped down and offered them to him to do whatever with.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:27 pm
"Ugh," Zevran replied, followed by some vague muttering in Spanish, followed again by; "Yes, please," as he reached up to take the bottle. After rinsing his mouth and wiping his face with the towels Sonia had brought he shoved the trash can away and started to take small sips of water. "Well," he sipped again and gave a short forced laugh, "I have had better evenings and awakenings." How had he got here, had he called Abel? He had absolutely not idea and the blank patch of memory deeply disturbed him but he wasn't going to bring it up.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:37 pm
"I still don't understand any Spanish," Abel quipped, though his joking tones were half-hearted; he was still far too concerned about his friend to really feel comfortable starting their usual banter. He gently squeezed Zevran's shoulder while his free hand lifted first to carefully press the back of it to the shorter blond's cheek, and then his forehead to gauge if he may have a fever. "I'll bet you have. Or I guess I should say I know you have," a ghost of a smirk crossed his face but vanished just as quickly. "How d'you feel? Besides like s**t."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Abel's questing hands would indeed detect an abnormal though not extreme heat to Zevran's skin, along with a sheen of sweat that was excessive compared to his slightly raised temperature.

"Maybe I will have to teach you some, the naughty bits perhaps?" Zevran suggested, trying to be playful but his voice came out worn and hoarse. Part of him just wanted to slump into Abel's arms and not move until everything felt less terrible but he held himself back from doing so. "I ah... I am fine," he lied, not particularly well and aware of how weak his response had sounded he looked down at the floor. He had no idea what had happened, or if he might have said or done something in Abel's presence that would change his friend's opinion of him. How could he have let that happen to himself? He knew when Ethan must have done it, he had allowed himself to be distracted by taking the lemon out of his gin and tonic to feed it to Amigo; how could he have been so stupid?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:20 pm
"Maybe sometime," he agreed, then turned to his Zoroark. "Sonia, could you get a damp washcloth for me? Thanks." He voiced the last word when the dark-type stood and trotted out to fetch it.

Turning to Zevran, he nodded his head and said, "Oh, yes, that's good. I believe you completely." A pause, in which Sonia returned and offered the damp cloth to Abel; he accepted it and carefully pressed it to his friend's forehead, his expression becoming expectant while his tones remained gentle but firm. "So: How do you feel?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:30 pm
He hadn't lied very well at all, had he? Zevran remained quiet as Sonia left and then returned, keeping his gaze lowered. When Abel pressed the cool cloth against his skin he closed his eyes and lifted his shoulders in a half-hearted shrug. "Dizzy, weak, achy. My heart is beating as though I've just sprinted across the city and... still sick, but I'm not going to be sick." Would that be enough to satisfy Abel? Perhaps he should try distracting him with questions, such as 'how did I get here' and 'did I do or say anything unfortunate'. He wasn't sure he actually wanted to know the answer to either question however so perhaps not. "Thank you, that feels good," he said instead as the washcloth cooled his overheated skin.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:38 pm
Abel exhaled a quiet sigh through his nose. That was a better response, though he still felt bad for the poor guy. "You're better than you were last night, at least," he said as he moved the towel a bit in his hands to press a different side to his forehead so it would stay cool. "You should probably try to sleep some more, you might feel better after."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:40 pm
"Ah..." s**t. "...And what was I like last night?" Zevran asked hesitantly.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:51 pm
The question brought to mind Zevran's demeanor and countenance from the night before, and with it the thoughts of what might've happened if they hadn't gone to get groceries when they had. "Like..." He frowned, concern etched in his features. "Like a zombie, almost. You weren't yourself at all. At first you only spoke in Spanish, but then after that you mostly kept asking me what to do."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff