Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[Fin] Clothes Maketh the Man (not freeze to death) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:31 pm
"Aw s**t, really? Well that sucks," Abel said with a frown. Zevran looked kind of pissed. Zevran usually didn't ever look pissed except in very rare circumstances, so it kind of surprised him to see him so frustrated now. Was this why he didn't like shopping for clothes, it was too frustrating? He knew how to fix that frustration - he knew how to get rid of it very quickly - but that wasn't anything he could do in public. So he settled for the next best thing; he reached out to brush his fingers against Zev's side to see if that spot was ticklish or not. Probably not, but it didn't hurt to try. "We'll just have to keep looking, is all," he said in what he hoped were positive tones, aiming a smile at his friend and pointing with his free hand to some nearby racks of coats, "I think these over here might be a bit cheaper? Or at least not as stupid expensive."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:38 pm
While the brief touch didn't cause any giggles it did seem to defuse Zevran a bit more; he gave a wry smile and bumped his shoulder lightly against Abel's arm. "Right. There will be something that is suitable and affordable." As they headed towards the rack Abel indicated Zevran glanced back, then up at his friend again. "I didn't like that one anyway," he said seriously still with the wry smile on his lips that acknowledged that this wasn't a big deal, not something anyone should get worked up about.

On this set of racks there was a coat that Zevran was able to reach without stretching up; it was brown, a check of the price tag classed it as affordable but. "...Ah, maybe I should not get a brown coat," he muttered to himself. "My jacket is brown, maybe I should have variety?" That was a decision, perhaps not a particularly big one but at least he had established a preference. "Most of the coats seem to be dark blue, grey, or black.... Maybe not black? It shows fluff and things so easily."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:04 pm
"Exactly," the blond said as his smile brightened a bit; that was better. He still wanted to make him relax more though -- a lot more. Maybe later.

As his friend tried to work through what he did or didn't want with clothes, Abel ambled after him, looking curious at whatever coats Zevran reached for. All of this was progress, and Abel was prepared to let that progress be as slow or as fast as Zev felt comfortable with. "Yeah, black does show dust and snow and fuzz a lot easier. Dark blue or gray would look good on you, I think," he said aloud; of course they would, because almost any color looked good on him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:10 pm
"Almost everything looks good on me, but almost nothing looks as good as nothing," Zevran replied, a smirk returning to his face as he homed in on a dark blue coat. This one was not too expensive either, though it cost more than the brown, and it advertised itself as weather proof.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:40 pm
"Well I'm not gonna argue with either of those," he replied as a sly smirk slowly spread across his face. No, he'd never argue that. Especially not the second one. His attention switched to the coat in question, and he leaned closer to Zev as he ran his fingers along both the inside and outside layers of it. "This one might be good," he noted thoughtfully. Not quite as good as the last one, but then again the last one was stupid expensive and had better be the best damn coat made of only the finest materials.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:46 pm
"You flatter me," Zevran grinned, passing his jacket to Abel again so that he could take down one of the coats and try it on. "I like to be flattered. Humm." The coat made a slightly annoying rustling noise when he moved his arms but it was a good fit and it was as warm as the last one he had tried on. "It is not quite as good but for less than half the price I suppose that cannot be expected," Zevran reported, peering at the other coats around them. What if one of those was better? Agh! Now he was going to be here all day just on coats if he wasn't careful. If he ruled out all of the black and brown ones though that would help, and also anything costing more than... say half of what he had with him? Or a third? He still needed a hat, gloves, a sweater or two, and perhaps a couple of shirts.

"Perhaps I should try one more, to compare?" he mused aloud, turning back to Abel as he spoke for an opinion on the matter.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:53 pm
Once more Abel took the jacket and slung it over his arm without issue or comment. He did give his friend a small, cheeky smile though. "I know you do," he said simply as he watched Zevran try on this coat, noting the fit as well as the rustling. "Yeah, it doesn't look as good but then again it probably wouldn't, since that one was really expensive. Hm..." He tilted his head as he studied his friend a bit more - and the coat too, he supposed - then offered a brief nod. "Trying other coats on would be good for sure; while you might find something good on the first try, there very well might be something better a little further in."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:24 pm
"Oh you just want to look at me more, taking things off and so on," Zevran replied as he removed the coat and fought an inner sense of frustration that wanted to be finished with this part so that he and Abel could just- Well do whatever seemed like a good idea, no need for specific plans.

After a moment of indecision Zevran hung the coat back up on the rack and selected a dark grey one instead, it was the same price but the material felt nicer and; "I like the collar better I think," Zevran mused as he pulled it on. "Is it thinner though?" If it was he didn't think that it was by very much.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:46 pm
"Well of course," he said with an expressive shrug accompanied by a lazy grin as he watched Zev try on the next coat. "The collar looks a little nicer, yeah, and.. hm." His brows furrowed just a tad as he circled around his friend, then felt the coat for himself. "It does feel a little thinner, but if it's warm enough that shouldn't matter too much... As long as it keeps out the elements and keeps you warm, that's what's most important."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:52 pm
"Mmh, and layers are the thing yes?" Zevran continued from Abel's statement. "So long as this keeps off the rain and wind, and is fairly warm, layers underneath will do the rest.... I like this one I think, yes. Are there baskets in this place, or do you have to carry all of the hangers?" That seemed unlikely, there had to be baskets nearby somewhere. "After this though... sweaters? I need one or two of those really." If necessary he could wear both at night, under the coat, and over a shirt or two. Under thirty degrees.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:56 pm
"Yep," he affirmed with a nod, "you'll definitely want layers. Sweaters would be perfect. Uhh..." Abel frowned as he glanced around rather skeptically. Were there baskets or anything around...? "There might be? I don't know, to be honest. We could walk around until we find some or maybe ask? We'll have to go find sweaters anyway, so maybe we'll come across some on the way?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:01 pm
"Si, let's do that," Zevran agreed as he removed the coat and hung its back on its hanger, which he then slung over his shoulder with one finger hooked into it. "Are you alright?" he asked with a quick glance up at Abel as they headed towards a visible section of sweater-like items. "If you need to take a break you will tell me won't you?" While it had fairly soon been apparent that Abel would be 'okay' that okay took a long time to come and he was aware that walking around a great deal still taxed his friend and he didn't want him pushed to the point of discomfort.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:28 pm
Wordlessly Abel passed Zev his jacket back when he seemed ready to receive it, though his expression was faintly puzzled for just a moment before it morphed into a warm, appreciative smile. "Yeah, I will. I should be okay, but even if I'm not we can just take a break for a couple minutes. I'm sure there's places to sit," he said as he idly glanced over the various clothes they passed. "Changing rooms, for instance. Those usually have chairs."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:33 pm
"Maybe they would let you in with me to help me try things on," Zevran suggested with a smirk, snagging a large basket as they passed a stack of them and dropping the coat into it. "Though if not I can just wait outside until you have finished of course," he added, smirk not at all diminished. Abel did still look okay, not at all pale or washed out, so if he said he was okay he was not going to worry further for now.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:35 pm
"If there's even anyone out front to convince," the blond pointed out, matching Zevran's smirk with his own.

As morning passed into afternoon, Abel hooked his thumbs into his pockets and strode alongside his friend as the pair slowly made their way towards another map. "So what're you in the mood for?" He asked with a quick glance down at Zevran. Their shopping trip had been quite productive so far; Zev had bought a number of warm things he would inevitably need - if not already - and he hadn't seemed too frustrated by the whole ordeal. Frustrations were easily smoothed over, anyway - especially in certain circumstances - and overall the taller blond couldn't help but feel just a tiny bit proud of his friend for his success in stepping outside his comfort zone.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff