[FIN] New Years Date Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:14 am
When Abel put his arm around him he felt as though he was melting a bit on the inside. It was was really very silly but he couldn't help being happy that Abel was comfortable doing so in front of somebody he knew other than Taavi. He wasn't sure why it should please him so but it did, and he put his arm around Abel in return.

"Dima or Dith then, good to see you again and happy birthday. This really is a very impressive affair, you must be a very important man!" Zevran said with some amusement and a toast of his glass towards the giant man. Perhaps this time he would find out how he had lost that eye and got his face scarred? He couldn't help being curious about how an upstanding member of society as presumably the doctor was came by such injuries. "Oh, and you can call me Zev," he added after a moment, a friend of Abel's was one of his own surely?

Dith laughed heartily and nodded. "Well of course I am! Very important indeed. Pleased to me you again Zevn, and you for the first time Clara. And either name is fine, whatever you prefer," Dith replied with a smile at the pair and a return toast of his glass, it seemed that Zev's other hand was a bit too occupied to offer a shake! It was actually rather sweet, Abel looked completely besotted and - though he hardly knew him - Zev's expression looked about the same.

Dith took a sip of his drink and gave the couple a crooked smile. "You know the last time I was at a New Year's party with friends I was announcing the engagement of two of them."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:12 am
Abel's expression warmed just a tad when Zevran put his arm around him, and he absently ran his thumb over his side. He took a sip of his champagne as his two friends exchanged pleasantries - oh, yep, this was definitely champagne - but Dith's statement made his eyebrows raise a bit and he promptly cast his mind back. He didn't have to go too far though. "Oh yeah, that was at your birthday party, wasn't it? Luke and Rosie.. Man, I haven't heard from either of them in ages, I wonder how they're doing..." He'd have to try and text one or the other of them sometime to see; he made a mental note to do so. "That was - what - two years ago?" The blond asked, shooting a querying look at Dith. It couldn't have been more than that, surely.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:33 am
Zevran was glad he hadn't been drinking when Dima said that or he might have choked. As it was he just stood there feeling slightly flustered for a couple of moments and then took a sip of his drink. What was Dima - or Dith - implying here? It could have been an innocent comment but the man was smirking! As he didn't know Luke or Rosie or have any idea when they might have got engaged Zevran remained silent and took another sip of champagne, which really was very good.

Ha! Well his comment had had the desired effect on one of the two of them, Zev looked a little bit ruffled. He didn't know how long the two had been together but it didn't matter just for a light tease.

"Three years," Dith replied with a nod to Abel. "It was twenty thirteen, time flies!" It felt like longer ago but also more recent but either way it had definitely been an interesting year in the latter half.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:44 am
His eyebrows rose a little further. "Three years? Man.. It really does, doesn't it?" For a moment or two he stood looking a little thoughtful as he tried to recall more details of that evening. "It sure doesn't feel like it's been that long. And that's when I moved here too; that spring, I think. Right?" Abel glanced down at Isaac for confirmation; he received it when the Espeon wrinkled his nose a bit in thought and then nodded. "Yeah, spring. I want to say sometime in May." ..had it really been that long since he and Molly had broken up, since he'd decided to move out of Unova to Kodo? It felt both like it happened forever ago and also not that long ago simultaneously, somehow. A lot had happened since he'd moved here, most of it bad but a lot of it good. He didn't regret his decision to move here though, not now that he had two best friends he wouldn't trade for anything in the world.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:54 am
"A lot has happened since then," Dith said with a bass chuckle. It was pretty obvious that some of it had been bad for Abel but perhaps things were looking up now? "So how long have you two been a couple then?" Had they already been together when Abel was in hospital? Neither had mentioned as much but that didn't mean they hadn't been.

This time Zevran was drinking when Dima spoke, and he did end up with champagne catching the back of his throat as he startled slightly at the question. "Ahh, a couple?" Zevran looked quickly over at Abel. "We're not- that is- ah- we're- this is the first time we've been on a date." He could feel himself flushing and there was little hope nobody would notice. ¡What was wrong with him? ¡He never blushed but Abel could make him do it almost on command just by saying something sweet to him and now this? ¡A couple!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:06 am
"Isn't that the truth," Abel said wryly. So much had happened since he moved here, much more than he'd ever expected, but he couldn't regret it. Even the almost two years spent under Patty's thumb he couldn't regret, because during that time - or perhaps because of that time - he'd met and befriended the man who was now his date. That was not something he would ever regret.

Dith's question was unexpected, though perhaps that was his own fault for not expecting it. After all the time they spent together, all the things they did, how much he'd missed him while he had been away... He... really shouldn't be dating anyone. He shouldn't, and yet the thought of dating Zevran made his heart flutter.

And Zevran's reaction to Dith's question made a broad grin spread across his face, and Abel chuckled as he gave the shorter blond a squeeze. Damn did he love seeing him blush and flustered though. It was kind of the best thing ever, especially given Zevran's usual smooth, unruffled demeanor. "We're not," he affirmed, "and this is our first date. I think it's shaping up to be a pretty great one already though." But then again how could it not? He was here with Zevran, after all, who looked absolutely stunning in his suit. Granted he always looked amazing, but that was besides the point.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:23 am
Abel's reaction made Zevran relax considerably and drew a brief laugh out of him too. "Ah, it is true, a very promising start! We are VIPs too apparently, though I don't know what exactly that means. Perhaps they give us party bags with caviare in?" An amusing idea but unlikely, though he didn't know what was likely. Was there a special area perhaps?

This was their first date? Awww. Dith grinned down at the new couple, if couple was even the right word? They definitely acted like one. "I hope the rest of your date is as good as the start then, you important people!" They didn't even know what came with the tickets though? That seemed odd, it must have been expensive to get a pair of VIP tickets so why wouldn't Zev know? "VIPs get accommodation for the night," Dith explained with a gesture to the ceiling. "I am not on that exclusive list but when I was given my ticket I had a look at the event's website. I'm not sure how you go about finding out which room is yours but somebody will be eager to help if you ask! Very good service around here." You could easily get used to being treated like this.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:20 am
Abel aimed a grin at Dith. "Thanks! I'm sure it will be." Again, how could it not?

Actually that had been on his mind too, albeit in the back of it. What exactly did being a VIP mean at a party like this? Everyone seemed to be mingling about together... but Dith elaborated a few moments later, thankfully at least one of them knew! The thought of caviar party bags was entertaining but he couldn't help but prefer a night's stay in this ritzy hotel over a bag of caviar. Still, the thought of staying here of all places made his eyebrows lift a bit again in surprise. "Really? That's pretty sweet. Exclusive list, huh..." His colorful gaze shifted to Zev briefly. He'd gotten lucky as hell with those tickets, hadn't he? Good for them, unfortunate for the poor sap that offered them up. "Well that's good to know; thanks. I didn't even think to look it up online honestly," the blond admitted, a bit of sheepishness creeping into his expression. That might've been a good thing to do beforehand - actually it definitely would've been - but as he'd only found out just a scant couple days ago and still had to work in the interim, doing so hadn't even really occurred to him. Oh well! They were here now enjoying themselves and that was what mattered most to him.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:33 am
"Ah but then we would not have been surprised!" Zevran pointed out with a mischievous grin up at Abel. "Is it not a nice surprise to find out we will stay here? I bet the rooms will have hot tubs and other fine things, and I even have my bag with me... though I suppose none of my clothes will really fit you. You will just have to wear your suit home tomorrow." This really was a nice surprised, hadn't they been talking about having another night away together? "And you can drink without worry about driving later," Zevran added as an afterthought; he didn't plan to get drunk himself and didn't thin Abel would either but it would be nice for him to have a few drinks if he wished.

Dith chuckled again and nodded. "The rooms look very nice, I nearly paid to stay over myself but I am meeting friends the other side of town mid morning tomorrow, going home made more sense." Maybe he'd treat himself and come here sometime though, the spa sounded amazing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:49 am
"That's very true," Abel agreed with a chuckle, his grin mimicking Zevran's and gaining hints of mischief too. "Oh man, you know I love hot tubs. D'you think the rooms have balconies too?" They had to, given how expensive the hotel was. What other sorts of things would they have in a ritzy place like this...? He didn't even know, and he kind of wished he'd looked into it beforehand, but Zev was right. Finding out on their own was fun too, if not moreso. "Oh no," he added in mock-upset tones, "I'll have to wear my suit home tomorrow. How will I ever survive?" The blond chuckled and went on more normally, "That's fine, I don't mind. I can always change when I get home anyway." Speaking of home... he'd have to text Taavi at some point during the night to let him know they wouldn't be back, lest he spend the whole holiday worrying about them. "And that's a good point; maybe I'll have a couple drinks while we're here." Not too many though, he didn't particularly want to get drunk. Tipsy was alright though.

Turning to Dith he nodded, his grin softening to a warm, bright smile. "Yeah that makes sense, you wouldn't have to worry or rush yourself in the morning or anything." Maybe some other time. ..or maybe... he had previously? He had said the rooms looked nice, but that could've been because he'd looked the place up beforehand. But he was still curious, so... "Have you ever stayed here before, then?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:02 pm
Zevran's amber eyes glimmered with impish glee and he nodded. "Oh yes I am sure it will, and a very nice bed I imagine. Very nice. I look forward to testing it! At length." Still looking and feeling cheerfully and completely terrible Zevran turned to Dith. "Have you?" he echoed. "And if you have did you try the bed with anyone? If you have insider information you must share it!"

Insider information? Dith guffawed and shook his head. "No I'm afraid I've never been here before, I just looked at the hotel's website after I had looked up the event itself. I am sure you two will do just fine testing everything in the room without any input from me though." He could see why Abel and Zevran got on so well!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:43 pm
Abel chuckled and grinned broadly before moving his arm from Zevran's waist to settle it across his shoulders so he could pull him closer and press a kiss to his temple. "You're perfectly terrible," he declared with another chuckle, his voice not without a certain fondness. So Dith hadn't been here before, just like them. He'd done his research though! And he looked forward to testing everything in the hotel room a great deal. At length, definitely. All night perhaps. "I'm sure there's plenty of amenities here to test or explore at length -- later. There's a party that I'd like to explore right now. Is it all in this room," he gestured to the spacious lobby, "or does it spread out into other places in the hotel?" There'd be dancing he knew, but obviously not here. Was there a ballroom or something?  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:20 pm
"I believe we are supposed to go on through there," Dith said with a nod and a gesture to a set of doors, flanked by a couple more greeters. "There is a ballroom I believe, and there will be plenty more to eat and drink in there!" He intended to have plenty of both... and at some point he would leave the youngsters to their date, sooner rather than later probably especially as it was their first date.

Zevran made a soft contented noise as Abel pressed a kiss to the side of his head and nodded his agreement. "Of course I am, that is why you like me no? And if there is more of this place to see let us go!" Zevran squeezed Abel's waist and set off towards the doors Dith had indicated, like everything else in here they were very fancy and they were quickly swept open as the three of them approached.

The next room did indeed seem to be a ballroom, there were a large number of tables of different sizes all set around a black dancefloor with little white lights running between the tiles. Hanging in the centre of the room was a vast chandelier; the crystals that formed it glittered opulently and filled Zevran with the delicious feeling that he belonged here not at all, yet here he was! He was very glad indeed that he had taken that last bet, this night was turning out to be simply wonderful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:14 pm
Abel's gaze followed Dith's gesture towards what was presumably the ballroom, his demeanor brightening a bit. "Oh, perfect. More food and drinks are always good." While they were indeed, it was the prospect of dancing that excited him -- or to be specific, the prospect of dancing with his lovely date. The thought made his heart do a somersault. To Zevran he grinned and chuckled before replying, "You say that as if that's the only reason!"

The blond followed along without issue or complaint, eager to see more of this posh hotel that he didn't fit into even a little. Not even a tiny bit! It was a little troubling but mostly exciting and entertaining, mostly because he was here with his best friend. None of those things seemed to bother him much with him around.

Inside they found the ballroom, as Dima had guessed, and Abel took a few moments to survey the expansive room, taking in the expensive decor, the glittering crystal chandelier overhead, just everything. Once more he was filled with the knowledge that he definitely, undoubtedly didn't fit into this kind of scene -- and yet there he stood, dressed in his best suit with his arm around his best friend. There was no one he'd rather be there with... though it was nice to see another friendly face too, he had to admit. Abel took another sip of his champagne. "This is the biggest ballroom I've ever seen, I'm pretty sure."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:25 pm
"Impressive!" Dith agreed, clapping a friendly hand on Abel's shoulder. "Now, shall I leave you to your date? If you want me later on at all I'm not difficult to spot!"

"Oh, there are other reasons?" Zevran pulled an amused face at Abel, the expression made his nose crinkle up. "You will have to tell me what they are, you know I like to be flattered... And I have seen bigger," he added with a mischievous smirk.

Ah, and Dith was taking his leave? Much as the man was pleasant he was glad of this, he did want Abel to himself!

"You are indeed!" Zevran agreed with a chuckle as he looked Dima up and further up. "It was good to see you again Dima."

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff