Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Some News Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:14 pm
Zevran responded by squeezing Abel's fingers again, and a small smile tugged at his lips, but only a few moments later his expression stilled and his head dropped slightly to the side; it seemed as though he was asleep already.

Shortly after that the door clicked open and Summer poked her head inside; she gave Abel a querying look but didn't speak.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:55 pm
...well he'd expected Zev to fall asleep relatively quickly once he let himself relax enough to do so, but he hadn't expected him to fall asleep quite that quickly. It was good though, he needed his rest - needed it so badly - and it seemed like he really hadn't gotten much at all the night before. As he held his boyfriend's hand in his while gently stroking his hair with his other hand, Abel made a mental note to try and coax Zev to sleep as much as possible today.

When the door opened and a familiar face peeked in, Abel lifted his to offer her a slightly tired but genuine smile, lifting his hand from Zevran's hair to press a single finger to his lips. Not that she seemed likely to barge in and make noise and wake him or anything, but more as a confirmation that her patient was indeed asleep.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:57 pm
Summer slipped into the room and closed the door behind her, she was smiling but there was a little crease of concern between her brows. "Alright?" she murmured softly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:21 pm
If her face hadn't asked it her question definitely did; Abel nodded his head and gently, gently laid his free hand over Zevran's arm, the fingers of his other hand still intertwined with his love's. "He's..." The blond trailed off as he looked over his still, silent boyfriend for another moment or two before continuing in a whisper, "He's stressed, stuck in a building full of people he doesn't know - doesn't trust - and scared too, even if he won't admit it. He's.... feeling a lot of things right now, I think. Probably way too many things."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:29 pm
"Not unusual," Summer replied sympathetically with a slight shake of her head. "It's a scary place to be in for anyone, usually worse if people have come in for some kind of sudden trauma. If he needs it we - and the team in general - can give him some meds to help him relax. They'll put him out of it a bit but," she shrugged, "sometimes that's better for people in the short term. That's something that can be discussed with him once he's moved, nobody's going to force it on him if he'd rather not. What I came in to tell you though is I've just heard that a patient on one of our general wards is being discharged. It'll take a couple of hours to sort everything out up there, then we can move him over. Glad to see y'all moving on but I'll miss you when you go. Oh!" Summer beamed. "And thanks again for the sweets, I ate way too many of them."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:42 pm
Well at least it wasn't unusual... though Abel didn't really feel the need to go into detail about all the various reasons Zevran was so stressed out. No, she didn't need to know any of that. Instead he merely nodded, his thumb ghosting over Zevran's knuckles. "I'll talk to him about it later.. or I assume one of the doctors will? And then I'll talk to him about it after. I'm not sure.. if he'd want it or not," he admitted thoughtfully, his voice still soft and quiet. A few moments later he shrugged and went on, "Doesn't hurt to talk to him about it, anyway. Speaking of which, I'll let him sleep until they come to move him and then wake him up so he knows what's going on. Thank you though, for everything," the blond added, aiming a warm smile up at her. "You've been such a wonderful help. Thanks for sitting with him too, even if he wouldn't fall asleep. And you're welcome for the sweets, I'm glad you had some; I was a little worried they'd all be gone before you could get any."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:49 pm
Summer nodded. "Yeah, I don't know who you're meeting down there but they'll have all his notes. If nobody mentions it though you could bring it up, we do our best but things sometime slip through the cracks. I'm glad I've been able to help you while you've been here, and if you get any trouble up there come find me and I'll sort them out!" Summer grinned and shook her head. "A'int nobody messes with Summer, ask anyone. I'll go now though, got other people to see and I'm sure you could use the rest too. Alright?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:14 pm
"That's fair," the blond agreed with a simple nod of his head, "I'll bring it up if no one mentions it." Not that he expected Zevran to even consider the idea, but at least it could be offered as an option. Abel's smile warmed again as he looked up at Summer. "Heh, alright, I'll let you know if anyone tries to give us any trouble. And okay, I don't want to keep you if you've got other people to see.. I am rather tired, yeah. Ah, that reminds me," he said, eyebrows lifting a bit as he realized, "is Taavi outside waiting still? Did you guys even go get coffee, or just went outside to wait?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:18 pm
"You do that honey," Summer replied, possibly to several of the things Abel had just said. "Taavi and Amigo are in the waiting room, I'll go let them know they can come back in okay?" Once she had this confirmed Summer slipped out of the room again and shut the door behind her.

About a minute later the door re-opened and Taavi stepped inside with Amigo hanging onto his shoulder. "Hey," Taavi said softly with a weak smile. "How uh... He seemed... Not as cheerful as he was last night." More alert but tense and unhappy, he could guess why but he wasn't going to go saying it if Abel didn't want it said.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:33 pm
Abel nodded his head and smiled, then waited patiently, still holding Zevran's hand as he awaited his best friend's return. He needn't wait long, and when Taavi entered the blond aimed a tired smile his way. "Hey," he replied just as softly, lest he disturb his sleeping boyfriend. "Yeah, he's... stressed out, and seems exhausted both mentally and physically. He remembered everything -- and I suspect he didn't sleep much at all last night, which obviously isn't helping matters any." But he was alive, awake and alert - or he was when he wasn't sleeping, at any rate - and that's what mattered most. Everything else would get better with time; death didn't.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:53 pm
He would've remembered sooner or later, he just wished it could have been a bit more later. Taavi nodded and ran a hand back over his hair. "Yeah, it wouldn't. Uh, I have to get going to work now really. If you find out anything he wants come out and message me? I can try to grab it on my lunch break. Oh, and let me know when he's moved and where I can find you? I'll come back after work for a while at least." If Zev was awake later on he'd probably want distractions all the more now, and two of them could give that better than one right?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:56 pm
"Oh," his brows lifted a bit again; had Taavi told him a time he had to be at work earlier? He'd known it was 'pretty early' at least but couldn't remember how early. Oh well. "Yeah, okay. I didn't even realize what time it was, but yeah I'll definitely text you if he needs or wants anything. Summer said they'll move him in a few hours and I'm gonna let him sleep til then, so I'll tell him you said bye cuz you didn't want to wake him, yeah? What time d'you get off work again?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:09 pm
Taavi smiled a little and shrugged; "S'okay, and yeah, I don't want to wake him up just to say bye. I'm doing seven 'til four today, not too bad. I'll probably grab food quickly after that then come over so I'll be here I guess a bit before five? I'll update you, hopefully you'll be able to have your phone on by then right?" He hadn't got around to asking about any of that stuff, he should have done that instead of just sitting around and waiting just now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:31 pm
"Oh, yeah, that's not bad at all. Uh, I'm pretty sure I'll have my phone on by then - I expect he'll be in a general ward sometime before noon - and it's only here in the ICU that we need to have phones and stuff off, so I'm sure I'll have my phone on by then. At the very least I'll turn it on and update you once they move him, and where they move him to, yeah."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:50 pm
"Great, I'll see you guys later then." Taavi lifted Amigo off his shoulders and gently deposited the Butterfree on the rail of the bed. "I won't be sorry to see the back of this place," he added, and then paused to give Abel's shoulder a squeeze before heading to the door. "Don't forget to grab lunch, okay? See you."

Two and a bit hours later the door opened again; Zevran was close enough to consciousness to blink awake at the slight click it made, an irregular note among the background beeping of various machinery.

"Hi there, sorry to wake you," Summer smiled as she shut the door again. "Good news though, we're all ready to move you now. How're you both feeling?"

Zevran blinked again and managed; "Awake?" Less tired now than he had been before but he still felt as though, if nothing else were happening, he could probably drift off again.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff