Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:33 am
Patrick Lockheart
~ Eoana Forest ~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rick had been enjoying the snow, it had been rather relaxing just listening to the soft hush as it fell all around. Branwen was also quiet that day and with Kayl practicing in the training area infront of him he felt it was time worth spent - at least until the sound of a loud explosion startled them all... Branwen had given quite the squawk, rising into the air and flapping with some fright around the Diviner who had been equally as startled by the disturbance.

Recovering slightly from the sudden noise, Rick allowed Branwen to land on his arm and lifted his gaze to where Kayl seemed to have disappeared - perhaps to investigate? "I think we had better head inside," There was no telling what had caused the sound, but Patrick didn't want to stick around, just incase and so returned to his dorm room for the remainder of the day.

~ New Day ~
On the turn of the new day - a Free Day on his calendar, Rick had decided to take Branwen out for a flight around the nearby forest. Despite the incident he'd heard about the previous year, Rick was assured that he would be reliably informed should there be any 'Large Monstrous Creatures' lurking about and so set his sights on a nice wander through the snowy woodlands of Eoana.

As always, Branwen flew ahead of him, she was always happy to get outside and stretch her wings and today she had been given another opportunity. Leading the way, the White Raven stuck close, landing every now and again to make sure Rick was following - he of course reassured her with a wave and a grin, taking the moment to enjoy the calm day himself as they drew closer to their destination.

"What?" Having initially planned to head in at a particular point of the forest - one he had wandered many a time in his previous years at the Academy, Rick would turn as the Raven gave a curious 'Craark' before landing seemingly in mid air, yet fluttering her wings to try and remain upright. "Is not Perch." she would fly towards her comrade and land upon his shoulder before turning back and watching as Rick advanced,

"Not Perch?" The Diviner would tilt his head curiously before approaching the area, his fingers tracing what appeared to be a line attached to a nearby tree and leading into the forest. "Curious." Always intrigued as to why things were such a way, Rick would resist the urge to untie the twine and instead, keeping a finger on the line, he would turn, following its trail into the forest.

"Mystery." Branwen would take flight once again, flitting between the branches as Rick walked before coming to a stop and retreating. "Wolves." at this, she would hiss, fluttering infront of the male before he offered a hand upon which she came to rest,

"Eoana Forest doesn't have any Wolves, Bran." Rick would smile, whilst at the same time, he would ensure his dagger was at his belt - There was no telling what one would run into inside the forest and so he always came prepared - just in case.

At the sound of movement up ahead, Rick would slow his pace, motioning for Branwen to remain quiet and rise into the branches above where she would be safe if anything happened.

As he moved closer, he began to see movement between the bushes that surrounded the grove. Advancing a little closer he slowed, taking a moment to observe - noting that there actually were wolf-like creatures...and a boy?

The creatures seemed somewhat relaxed, lazing around the clearing and some of the younger ones even advancing to play with the bubbles that rose around the young male; content to just watch, Rick moved to lean against a nearby branch, not exactly putting his full weight upon it, but cursing his luck as it gave way and threw him off balance - forcing him to reach out for another branch to steady himself.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Appearance: As seen, but initially wearing this Patrick's Cold Weather Clothes
With: Branwen, Tala.
Feeling: Curious
OoC ""

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:07 am
Tala Maxwell and Patrick Lockheart
~ Eoana Forest ~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For once in a long while, Tala had been able to relax. After watching the bubbles rise around him, he allowed the glistening orbs to float free, a smile crossing his face as he watched the younglings lunge and play with the ever changing bubbles. With no real fear of anything hunting him this time, Tala felt peaceful, content...

As Rick fell behind the bushes, the calm was broken, Tala leapt to his feet, the bubbles immediately turning to sharp points and hovering dangerously in the air as the Alpha and his family also stood, their hackles raised and large, white fangs visible against their blackened fur...

"Whoa-whoa-whoa!" there was no going back now, Rick scrambled into view, holding up his hands as Branwen gave a cry and flew ahead to protect him - the last thing she wanted to see was her Diviner, her Soul Comrade coming to harm... "Easy there, Mate, I'm just..."

"Who the heck are you?!" Naturally defensive and quite hating of people observing him in secret, Tala narrowed his eyes, holding up a hand to cease movement as the Shadowbeast closed in around the male, the Alpha himself lifting his mighty jaws to snap at the White Raven as she fluttered too close - her intention obviously to create a distraction and allow Rick to run, but her nerves getting the better of her as the creature's maw came within inches of her scaly feet...losing a white feather in the motion, Branwen swiftly returned to Rick's side, landing upon the male's shoulder as he rose,

"Please, allow me to introduce myself," His hands still up in surrender, Rick would keep a wary eye on the creatures before starting to lower his arms, "Patrick Lockheart, Diviner in Eoana Academy... Did you create these beasts? Your control over them is amazing!" he wanted to pet the creatures, amazed that they appeared somewhat spiritual, yet resembled familiar creatures to a T...

"You're from the Academy?" the spikes which were once bubbles seemed to soften, dissipating into the air above as the Shadowbeast all turned their gaze towards their Pack-Brother whose guard seemed to drop slightly, "What are you doing all the way out here?"

Feeling it was perhaps a little safer to lower his hands now, Rick ran a finger around his collar to loosen it slightly before putting on a weak smile,
"Well, you kinda left a reasonably good trail to follow," he pointed to the string which had been left on the boarders of the grove, "Lead me straight to you,"

Tala frowned slightly, waving off the Shadowbeast who broke their gaze and turned to resume their casual positions around the grove - the only one that remained still was the Alpha, but the Shadowmancer should have expected that.

"Good thing you weren't a guard then." Tala realised how easily he had made it for someone else to find him, but at the same time, he needed to ensure he wasn't stuck in the forest again - it had been some time since his altercation with Cyrus's Feral Form, but the thought still lingered in the back of his mind...

"Aye that," Relaxing a little more as Branwen finally seemed to settle and come to land upon his shoulder, Rick advanced, holding out a hand in greeting, "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name?"

"Oh...I don't shake hands," Tala shook his head, "But my name is Tala," his eyes drifted down towards the Alpha who now watched the Ginger-Haired Diviner as he approached, "You can pet him, however," he would gesture towards the Large Canine Shadowbeast, lifting his gaze towards the White Raven upon Rick's shoulder,

"Don't trust." Branwen cawed, catching the Shadowmancer off guard and making Patrick hesitate as he reached out, "Bad Biter,"

"She talks?" Tala had met Brageet before, but her voice was like honey compared to the bird before him, "Do all White Birds talk?" he of course recalled Gannon's companion and tilted his head curiously,

"I'm not sure, but this is Branwen," Rick would lift a finger to stroke her fluffy chest, then extend a hand towards the Alpha who flattened his ears and uttered a growl, somewhat distrusting of the male until Tala cleared his throat, narrowing his eyes until the beast relented and dropped its gaze. "You're amazing," he was quite stunned, speaking directly to the shade before lifting his left hand - urging Branwen to move with a shrug of his shoulder before holding her out towards the youth, "Go say Hi, Bran,"

"Don't trust." Branwen shook her head, shuffling back up Rick's arm before taking wing as the Diviner attempted to coax her back, "Not right." she wasn't normally so antisocial, but there was something about the youth she didn't like and so decided to keep her distance - fluttering up onto one of the branches above to watch from a safe perch.

"I must apologise," Rick wasn't impressed, "She's not normally like this..." he frowned up at the bird, but Branwen just turned her back, taking a moment to preen before scowling down at the pair.

"Hn..." Tala wasn't exactly unfamiliar with others distrusting him and so just shrugged, averting his gaze towards the Alpha who had grown bored and walked off towards where he had been sitting before...
The pair stood there for a moment, then Tala also turned, making his way across to a fallen log where he sat down, picking up his backpack and rummaging around inside.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Clothing: Wearing This
With: Rick
Feeling: Focused
OoC

OoC ""

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Sparkly Cupcake

10,925 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:21 am
User Image
User Image

MOOD ▬ ❝ Nervous LOCATION ▬ ❝ Eoana Forest COMPANY ▬ ❝ Accaria

After a small spat of illness, Tay felt much better with Accaria's herbal remedies. Sadly as a result of the high demands of the winter cold Accaria was low on supplies, wishing to help as best as she could, what with her knowledge of herbs Tay would venture into the forest with Accaria to see what winter herbs they could harvest and cultivate for use in her medicines. wearing appropriate clothing, Tay hoped that she would not stumble and show herself up as the clutz she was, looking towards Accaria she pointed towards a small sprinkling of winter flowers " How about these? Miss Accaria?"

Out Of Catchprasestext text text
                        Profile Link:Taenya Lathir

Tala Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:07 am
    Patrick Lockheart
    ~ Eoana Forest ~

'Tala' was certainly a strange one, he'd gotten the male's name at least, but his whole demeanour was something Rick was unsure how to react to... He remained standing where they had parted, his arms folded across his chest as he watched the youth cross the clearing to a log where he had taken a seat.

"What's wrong Pretty Bird?" softening his gaze, Patrick now lifted his eyes to where Branwen had stopped preening and was now watching the strange youth as he seemed to be searching for something, "Branwen?" he lightened his tone, almost singing her name - albeit quietly - in an attempt to get her attention.

"Not Right." Branwen looked down at her companion, then across at Tala who seemed to have pulled a sketchbook from his bag and some charcoal. "Not safe." her beady eyes watched the canine shades as they moved about the clearing, the younglings playing rough-and-tumble in the grass.

"What's not safe?" he knew Tala would be able to hear her as Branwen's voice wasn't necessarily one to lessen in volume, but kept his gaze on the Raven above - resisting the urge to look and gauge the male's reaction to her words... "Sure, he was going to attack me, but he didn't. Besides, you would too if I'd startled you," he recalled several times where she had taken ill to his jumping out at her as a child and pecked his head or scratched his arms with her claws... He learnt quickly not to do that and sometimes found amusement when his younger cousins tried the same...

"Not the same."

"Well, stay up there if you want, I'm going to try and make friends." With that, Rick turned and started to advance towards the male, maintaining his composure as he scrutinised the Shadowmancer who appeared to be drawing, "Hey," he would move around to the side of the male, catching a glance of his drawing before Tala's arm covered the page, "Do you draw a lot?" he'd tried a few times in his past, but nobody could match the skill of his cousin Bernard - The male had a natural talent and had he not been a Diviner like Rick, they might have perceived him to have been another Raiment altogether, "I've never really had the skill, everything I do looks like a child drew it, heh..."

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OoC ""

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
    • Team Jacob 100

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
    • Team Jacob 100
    PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:11 am
    Tala Maxwell and Patrick Lockheart
    ~ Eoana Forest ~
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"I never used to draw much." Tala shrugged, moving his arm to regard the image of the Alpha he'd sketched before moving to start sketching out one of the younglings, "Had other things to do..." he wasn't prepared to divulge too much information and only hoped the male wouldn't ask further questions... His eyes would return towards the Alpha who was sitting with his gaze focussed upon Branwen who was equally as fixated upon the creature below her.

"Mind if I have a go?" Rick also kept an eye on the large, black creature - it seemed skinny in the daylight, but he didn't think to ask why, "I'll show you what I mean by my lack of skill,"

Tala would cast a curious glance up towards the male, tilting his head in wonder as to what Rick was up to, but after a moment, he relented and tore out a blank page, "I'd start with a lighter charcoal...that way if you make a mistake, you can blend it out..."

"Right," Nodding, Rick would take the parchment, choosing a light coloured charcoal before sitting down cross-legged on the ground. The scene before him seemed a good enough thing to draw, with the large canine sitting, its head lifted and ears alert as he regarded the White Raven who glared down at him from the branches above.

The pair would sit in some silence for a while, both focused upon the scene infront of them, both sketching quietly... Occasionally, Tala would glance towards Rick's drawing, gauging the finished image before it was drawn - The Diviner actually wasn't as bad as he thought, but seeing another's work left Tala questioning his own skill...

Patrick was quite enjoying himself, it had been such a long time since he'd even considered drawing and as he lifted his gaze again, he'd been smiling, well, until something in the background caught his eye... "What's that?"

The rest of the pack seemed to have become aware of something and with a gentle nudge, the younglings were ushered away by their elders, Tala's eyes would narrow as he spotted the figure and without a word, he would set his sketchbook to the side and rise - a growl in the back of his throat, "What do you want?"

Rick was stunned that the male would just address the creature in such a way - did he know it somehow? His eyes would widen as the trees around it, even the grass seemed to darken, shriveling up and bowing as though perhaps affected by its presence? He couldn't put his finger on it, but there was certainly something so unnatural about the creature that the Diviner began to realise why Branwen had kept her distance from the male...

"ł ĊØMξ Ψł†Ħ Mξ∫∫ДĠξ ∫ЯØM †Ħξ Ψł†ĊĦ " the creature spoke in tongues, but the look on Tala's face showed he was listening... "ĦξЯ ĊØЯЯξ∫PØЙÐξЙĊξ ĦД∫ ĊξД∫ξÐ ДЙÐ УØŲЯ ∫ξЯעłĊξ ł∫ ØЙĊξ ДĠДłЙ ЯξףŲłЯξÐ"

"I was told I was no longer needed." Tala's frown deepened, he was aware that Rick was listening, but the fact he'd seen the creature meant the male was already somewhat involved... "The Pharmacist was taking care of all her needs."

"†Ħξ PĦДЯMДĊł∫† ł∫ ЙØ ĿØЙĠξЯ ЙξξÐξÐ, ßДßД ΨłĿĿ ĊØЙ†ДĊ† УØŲ ∫ĦØЯ†ĿУ" With that, the creature stepped back, its eyes the last thing visible as it disappeared into the undergrowth...

"...What the heck was that?" Rick had put all thoughts of drawing far from his mind and had been transfixed by the sheer sight of the creature before them... He'd seen shadows and shades before as spirits were his forte, but this...thing was something completely different... He rose to his feet, somewhat shaken and his muscles tense as he tore his gaze from where it had been standing to look at Tala...

"Evil." Branwen who had fallen deathly silent during the scene now fluttered down, landing on Patrick's shoulder and seemingly returning a source of feeling back to the male who snapped out of his daze and lifted his hand to stroke her breast,

"That was nothing." Tala's entire demeanour had changed - at one point, he'd almost been approachable, then after the visitation... Patrick watched as the male turned, crossing back to his things and packing them away before shouldering his backpack and summoning the Alpha with a wave of the hand,

Rick watched as the large, black canine moved to the male's side, flanking him as Tala turned towards where he'd left the twine. "Excuse me, but that certainly wasn't Nothing..." stuffing the parchment and charcoal into his pocket, Rick took a step forward, stopping as Tala snapped his gaze towards him - it was now that the Diviner noted the male was heterochromic - his eyes blue, yet with his left seemingly more yellow. "Tala, that was..."

"You know the way back, right?" Tala frowned, pausing just long enough to see the older male nod before turning to leave.

Rick could only watch as the youth disappeared into the forest, then, after a moment, he exhaled a sigh, running his hand through his ginger hair before glancing towards Bran who had remained on his shoulder, "Definitely a strange one..." he would of course keep his lips sealed about the event for now - clearly Tala didn't want to hang around and with the chance that whatever it was might still be lurking, Rick didn't either.

Keeping Branwen close, Rick set off towards the trail and perhaps the Inn - he didn't drink often, but now finally understood why people would do so after such an unnerving event...

~ Tala and Rick Leave Eoana Forest ~

Raiyun

Quote:

Quote:

With: Rick
    Feeling: Focused
    OoC The words spoken by the 'creature' Should be legible, but I can translate if not lol*

OoC ""

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:08 pm
    𝒮𝑒𝓁𝑜𝓋𝒶 𝒦𝓇𝑒𝒶
    "Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness. I’ll choke you with the same hand I fed you with."

She huffed in frustration, gritting her teeth. Selova could be seen in a dense forest, snow across the tress and lightly across the ground. It was darker now, but when entered the forest, it was daylight. Perhaps sunset, her lavender eyes swiftly grazed the treetops, noting the wild colors. It was beautiful, but it frustrated her. Each swirl represented uncharted territory, something she felt never possible. Selova huffed again, rolling her eyes and gripping her hands into fists. "Dammit!" Oh how she wanted to punch something, squeeze the life out of something. She sucked her teeth in and took another sharp breath, eyes darting about.

How long had she been here? Was she lost? That was debatable. Selova would state otherwise, but glancing around, with the darkness swelling in....
    She was unsure if she'd find her way out of the forest in time. Yet another thing to be frustrated about! Her slider hands raised to her hip, gripping the leather belt firmly at her waist. It was fine leather, tailored specifically for her,
    for the outfit. Rose gold sheer like fabric sruched together to create a sweet heart neckline and cap sleeves. Pinched at the waist with the leather belt,
    everything extra went down her back in a near train. Fabric short in the front,
    She wore skin tight leather pants, insulated with fur. Thigh high boots donned in an unknown leather texture, though many though it of another animal.
    She took with her a decorated bow and few arrows. Hidden in her boot, blades.

The bow was discarded to the side, in arms length if needed. She felt it not needed, more skilled in blade regardless. She had good reason to be here,
    it was training. Selova had spent years away from the academy, ever since the accident. She scrunched her nose, disgusted with that outcome. "Makes no sense." She nearly growled, still pissed over years ago events. Selova held grudges. Since leaving, she had to self teach, which came with problems, many of them. She had moved little to none with her training, but none could aid in her particular raiment. Selova feared the worst,
    which is a damn shame. Her raiment could be powerful, yet she was stuck like this!

Her gloves were taken off, tucked in at the back of her belt. Selova raised her left hand, glancing down at her fingers, in particular her middle, looking to be bleeding ever lightly. Narrowing her eyes, she watched it slowly fall down her nimble finger, soon to her palm. A small river. At an intake of a breath, it froze.
    Selova released her breath, and a single small drop of blood was lifted off her finger, raising slowly, gliding with easy through the air. It raised to her eyesight. Selova grinned.

It always started off like that. A simple finger p***k, playing lightly, trying to assert herself. But she got eager, excited. Wanting more, more everything.
    So she squeezed, pulling out more. And then she became even more frustrated. The blood uncertain, quivering in the air as she attempted to focus. She would release in frustration, the blood pooling to the ground. At this point, it was minimal. But she would keep trying. She had to!

As the sun had begun to set, Selova screamed out in hideous frustration. Her face a perminate scowl. Blood dropped back to the ground. Huffing about, she walked in circle. "Just WHY!?!?!?" Selova screamed, utterly frustrated and angry. Huffing, trying to gather her breath, her rabid eyes looked about, something needed to happen! "AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Selova screamed once more, huffing again. It was think a fit of rage took place. Digging into her boot, she released the blade within and with pure hate, slit against her tanned left wrist. She snarled, but did not deter. Gripping with a shaking hand now dripping with blood, she proceeded to slice against her right wrist..... "Ah..." She released a heavy sigh, glancing down at just what happened.

Here she stood, wrists slit, blood oozing out slowly yet surely. It was bright and bold, slithering down her tanned skin, dripping off her fingertips. Inhaling sharply, she raised her hands to look at what she had done.... maybe... maybe she could do it now!

[Where- Eoana Forest]
    [Who - None]
    [Feeling - Frustrated]
    [Outfit [x]]
    [Occ]

The_littlest_dragonfly

Queen Hera Kami

Sweet Wife

The_littlest_dragonfly
    Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
    • Elocutionist 200
    • The Perfect Setup 150
    • Tycoon 200
    PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:41 pm
    User Image
    ╔═══════════════════

[ - Enter Reynard into Eoana Forest - ]

He was desperate for any sign of Otsanda. A scent. A piece of clothing. A paw print. Anything. The others were already scouting the forest area, looking for any sign. As shifters, even if they went too far into the forest, they could always follow their noses back toward the barracks, so he wasn’t worried about them all splitting up to search. Running head long into the trees, Reynard followed his nose, his eyes keen for any indication that she’d been through this way.

Chest heaving, legs burning, he ran farther and faster and harder, on and on and on. Circling back, he searched and searched until he was ready to give up. But then…he caught a scent he was hoping not to detect – blood. Eyes going wide, heart racing in alarm, Reynard breathed deep and caught the scent. Within seconds, Reynard was running headlong toward the smell. ‘Please, please PLEASE don’t let it be her!’ While he wanted to find Otsanda, he didn’t want to find her body…he wouldn’t be able to stand it if he found her too late...

Paws clawing up the forest floor as he charged forward, he heard a woman’s scream. Fearing the worst, he ran toward the area where the smell emanated from, shifting into his human form along the way. Chest heaving, body slicked with sweat, he looked frantically around at the surrounding trees only to spot the form of a petite female with white hair. “Otsanda….?” Running toward her, he shouted her name. “Otsanda!!”

It wasn’t until Reynard was practically scooping up the girl and drawing her into his arms that he realized that the girl’s scent, her height, her form…it wasn’t right. This girl, while very much like his beloved, wasn’t her. But that didn’t change the fact that the scent of blood was everywhere, on her, on the forest floor, on the surrounding trees, splattered about. As she looked up at him, he realized that the woman that he’d thought was his beloved, was none other than the perpetual thorn in his side – Selova Krea.

“Selova? What the hell happened? Who did this to you?!” Eyes darting to her wounds and how pale she was quickly becoming, Rey knew that he needed to act fast – she was losing blood at an extremely fast rate and if he didn’t get her help…well, he didnt want to think about it.

═══════════════════╝

Captain of the Eoana City Guard || Reynard Balgaire

Queen Hera Kami

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Reynard - [x]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:02 am
    Tala Maxwell
    ~ In a Secluded Part of Eoana Forest ~

Tala wasn't sure how long he'd been walking, but in the dark of the night, it was unnervingly simple to retrace the path which the shade had taken... All around the trail hung loose, blackened branches and foliage, the undergrowth curled and split as though touched by disease and the ground crunched audibly underfoot - Though this was not through hoarfrost and ice, but rather the same charred, crispy earth and dead vegetation from before...It must have taken quite some energy to have the creature traverse such a distance, but Tala knew the Old Witch was more than capable if it involved something she wanted.

Eventually, the trail would cease and Tala realised he had no other option but to continue onward - By now the lights of the Academy had long disappeared, blocked out by the trees which now seemed to be closing in all around him. All was reminiscent of his first time in Eoana Forest...the daylight had long faded and the night had crept in, hiding any chance of recognising a familiar path in the low visibility... Now all he needed was a large, black, bloodthirsty beast to lunge from the darkness and the scene would be perfect...

Naturally when one happened upon a clearing, they might thank their lucky stars and lift their gaze skyward in the hopes the heavens might just lead them back home, but as the moonlight cast its eerie light into the glade, Tala found no solace, instead his eyes narrowed. There was no new trail to follow and no real means of finding his way back without the light of the sun to guide his way - He'd long lost his fear of the dark however and as the youth stepped from the undergrowth, his eyes scanned the shadows silently...

Raiyun

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With: ...
    Feeling: No feelings...just subtly Alert
    OoC Just for the record, Tala is in theory Very Far away from anyone else =P

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
    • Team Jacob 100

Queen Hera Kami

Sweet Wife

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:26 am
    𝒮𝑒𝓁𝑜𝓋𝒶 𝒦𝓇𝑒𝒶
    "Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness. I’ll choke you with the same hand I fed you with."

Selova seemed to freeze in time, unsure of how to proceed... it wasn't every day she chose to slit her wrists. Looking at the mess she made, Selova was rather sure of what the scene looked like... Blood dripped like a river, flowing effortlessly. The frustration she had felt was now at ease, somehow settled at the sight of such a glorious color. The vibrant but rich color threw Selova into a sort of euphoria. Her hunger for perfection grew...

Raising her hands slowly, she felt herself recharged, focused, intact. A calmness swept over her, as if she found the key to the door locked. Able to finally able to push through the barrier. Charging herself up, Selova was sure this was going to work! Selova smirked, eager to win finally.

A shout in the distance distracted her. Blood that had started to rise, fell back onto her, creating blood spatters through her arm, onto her chest, and cheek. "What..." She narrowed her eyes, watching the horizon. The sound was familiar, sounded of someone else screaming, shouting at least. Had someone overheard her? Wouldn't that be a b***h. She wanted none to see her raiment, not yet at least... It wasn't perfect... Selova feared only rejection, misunderstanding.

Glancing around, Selova looked at the horrendous scene she had made. To her, it was beautifully crazy. It proved her raiment was in the works, that she had progressed. To others however.... she knew the implications. As the hurried voice got closer, a panic set it for a moment. Just what should she do? Selova had a gut feeling running wasn't an option. Selova glanced around at the scene, trying to think of something, anything, ANYTHING to put the blame on something else. She cursed internally, biting her lower lip and shaking her head.

Taking a few short, quick breaths, Selova began to calm herself. Calculating her outcomes. It was then the blood loss had stuck her. Furrowing her brow in confusion, she closed her eyes and gulped 'why..am i... so... dizzy?' Selova extended a hand outward, feeling faint, as if she was going to fall. And as she did, a pair of strong arms ripped through her. He was screaming, so damn loud! Selova let out a groan, eyes peering up at the creature huffing at her.

It was the bloody eared b*****d. Selova groaned some more at his touch, gripping firmly against her wrist, other wrapped tight around her waist. The only thing that suck in her head was the fact HE was the one to find her in such a state. He was the one screaming and yelling? Why? Why the hell was he out here in the first place? She wanted to beat him down, curse at him, demand he leave at once, but all she could muster was "Ugah." Selova closed her eyes again, head falling back as she began to loose consciousness.

[Where- Eoana Forest]
    [Who - None]
    [Feeling - Frustrated]
    [Outfit [x]]
    [Occ]

The_littlest_dragonfly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:43 pm
    User Image
    ╔═══════════════════

Grasping her slim wrists, the blood flow ebbed a bit, but he knew that the temporary pressure wouldn’t stop it. Selova didn’t say anything to him, she didn’t answer his questions or scream at him like she normally would. No, instead she did something much worse – she fainted. Catching her easily, Rey knew he needed to act fast. Genlty laying her down on the ground, he removed his shirt and began ripping it into strips. Tying them tightly around the wounds to at least slow the flow of blood, the bandaged her quickly before scooping her up into his arms again.

Breathing deeply, he closed his eyes and sniffed, searching for the scents of town. It didn’t take him long to figure out which way he needed to go and when he did, he ran as fast as he could. Selova was a petite female, which meant she was light as a feather to him. In turn, he was able to run quickly through the woods toward the healers that he hoped would help save her. Racing through the trees, chest heaving, he felt adrenaline pumping through his veins. He was already wary from his hours of searching the night before, not to mention all that he’d done this morning and afternoon. He was running on fumes and he knew it, but a woman’s life was in his hands, literally.

Charging through the streets, the shouted at pedestrians to get out of the way as he went, causing many people jumping back as he approached. Reynard didn’t have to look down at the bandages around Selova’s wrists to know that she was still bleeding, that the fabric was soaked with her blood - he could smell it on her and it made his heart race even more. But he wouldn’t let himself think about it, he wouldn't let himself even consider that Selova would die. No, she wouldn't pass away that easily. Selova was a fighter and a royal pain in the a**. Rey knew as soon as she was better that she'd march right into the barracks and berate him for saving her, that was just how she was.

As he came upon the healers, Rey practically kicked in the door as he forced his way inside. The healers within jumped at the intrusion but their ire was quick to dissipate when they saw what was happening. “I found her in the woods, her wrists were slashed and gushing.” Rey explained quickly as he placed Selova on a free bed and stepped back. The healers were quick to swoop in and attend to Selova, their raiments activating as they moved to stabilize her.

At the bidding of one of the women, Reynard took a seat on one of the nearby beds. They could see how tired he was and insisted that he stay, not only to rest, but also in case they needed his blood for a transfusion. Nodding a bit, Rey sat on the edge of the bed, his elbows resting on his knees as he hung his head. He’d set out to find his beloved, his Otsanda, and he’d found Selova instead. He didn’t know why, but he felt like it's been fate, that he was meant to save her. Somehow he knew that this was the Gods way of telling him that he couldn’t save Otsanda and the notion broke his heart…

[ - Exit Reynard and Selova to Healers - ]

═══════════════════╝

Captain of the Eoana City Guard || Reynard Balgaire

Queen Hera Kami

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Reynard - [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
    Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
    • Elocutionist 200
    • The Perfect Setup 150
    • Tycoon 200

Raiyun
    Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:59 pm
    User Image
    𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖆

╒════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

In the shadows of the treeline, perfectly silenced and hidden by unknown means, a pair of eyes focus from the treeline onto the young woman screaming out her frustrations in the forest. The eyes watched carefully from the small, somewhat odd bulky silhouette of an old woman that formed at the edge of a large tree's shadow. As the old woman watched the young one standing in the forest clearing as she continued to scream out her frustrations, and in her anger did something foolish even for her. 'Patience, love... Patience...' The old woman thought as she crossed her arms in front of her chest, leaning ever so slightly against the tree. 'How are you going to get out of this one?...' The old lady thought with a slight smile as she continued to watch, bringing one of her wrinkled old hands up to her chin, one of her fingers pressing and lining against her face.

Just moments later, another arrived in the distance, calling out to another. 'Bah!' The old woman thought while throwing her hand up for a moment in frustration as the man who showed would undoubtedly ruin her observations. The old woman brought her hand up in front of her once more, this time forming some kind of somatic gesture in front of her, her fingers twisting about for a brief moment before returning to chest. Whatever her gesture meant, to anyone who might have seen her they likely wouldn't have known, however it would be a mute point. For reasons unknown, nothing but complete silence and emptiness came from her direction, even her scent was masked as a forest tree. After a few more moments, the man picked up the feinted young woman, and ran off with her into the treeline.

Watching them go, the old woman uncrossed her arms and sighed. Stepping out from the shadows in the distance, the old woman started to move her hands in a strange somatic gesturing movement once more, and slowly the very blood that was sprawled across the ground where the young woman had stood and feinted started to slowly lift off of the ground, pooling together in the air as the old woman walked forward until it all formed a floating bubble in the air of blood. As she stepped in front of the bubble, the old woman pulled out a clear flask, and popped it open before placing the mouth of the flask below the bubble of blood. She made another motion with her fingers, and the blood slowly poured into the flask until the flask was full. Looking into the flask then with examining eyes, the old woman pulled out what looked like herbs from under her cloak. She crushed the herbs between her fingers before sprinkling them into the flask. "Lai Cha-is Cha-i-sem..." The old woman said in a strange tongue, the words being echoed by a heavy accent. After a moment however, the blood started to mix with the herbs and spin in the flask, and slowly the ruby color of the blood turned pitched black, and started to evaporate as if turning from liquid into some kind of gas or fog. The old woman let just a small amount of it come out of the flask, before encasing the rest within, and she watched the black fog like mist suddenly start blowing in the direction that the man had carried the bloodied woman. Smiling then, the old woman put the flask in her pouch under her cloak and started to turn away from the clearing. "Soon, Selova, soon...." She said aloud while looking back in the direction that the block mist had blown, in the direction that she was carried off in, before walking back into the shadows of the tree line, and disappearing.

~~~~

A short time later, deep in the forest of Eoana, the old woman made her way to yet another section of the forest, and stopped when she reached a small clearing. "Ah, he came..." The old woman said aloud to herself as she started to walk out of the shadows of the trees. "So you've come, Ta-la," the old woman said eerily with a thick accent masking her gruff voice. She could see the disdain within his narrowed eyes, but she didn't falter or hesitate. "Seems that sus-picious side of you still lurks in there somewhere," The old woman said almost teasingly at the boy, as she turned away from him and started walking back into the treeline, waving at him to follow. "No matter, he will be pleased none the less," She said in an almost cryptic tone as she led him into the thick of the forest, as if she knew exactly where she was going. "I have no doubt you've been fairing well with your freedoms," The old woman said lightly, addressing for the sake of addressing their currently lacking relationship. As they walked, the old woman started to make somatic hand gestures once more, and a light fog started to fill the air around them, making the none existent forest path that they were on even harder to follow as she led him deeper into the forest. If he didn't keep up with her, he would start to lose sight of her in the fog, and the trees would start to seemingly change as they walked. "Come Ta-la, keep up..."

╘════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Queen Hera Kami

TalaMaxwell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:21 am
    Tala Maxwell

Tala's expression didn't change as the Old Woman noted that he held a familiar air of suspicion, perhaps it was down to experience - so many years of running errands for the Witch, learning how her patrons worked and avoiding the ever present guards... He'd learnt to be suspicious of everyone, to not trust unless there was pure evidence laid out there right infront of him - and even then he often found it difficult to truly believe what was there...

He would stand there for a moment, just watching her - she looked her normal self and there seemed to be no sign of sickness...but then again, she knew well how to hide it. Remedies, spells - why else would she have so many who sought out her cures? Of course, they wouldn't last too long, hence why they always returned over and over - paying good coin each time - but still...he had hoped to have seen something linking the creature's words to 'a matter of Life and Death...'

"He?" Tala's frown would deepen, why would 'he' be pleased? The Shadowmancer knew he would have to follow Baba if he wanted to find out...that and he knew for a fact she would leave him behind if he didn't. There was little choice but to press onward or risk being lost in the forest for who knew how long until sunrise...

His attention would drift between the Old Woman and the forest around them as they walked, his senses alert to anything lurking in the undergrowth, whilst occasionally shifting to analyse Baba as she walked. There was still nothing screamingly obvious...but she certainly seemed set in her path. "If you can call it that." he grumbled in reply to 'freedoms' finding himself somewhat tethered between his classes and his dorm room. There were often too many people wandering the marketplace - unless he set out really early and then he'd have to wait for the stores to open.

At her comment of 'keeping up' the male would quicken his pace, he'd been lost in the fog before and knew well how it seemed to play with the mind, feeding upon fears and doubts, turning the unfortunate victim around in circles before depositing them many paces away from where they first left the trail... "Where are we going?" he was in no doubt that they were a good distance from the Academy by now and as the forest seemed to loom up around them, he began to feel there was more to this reunion than just re-employment to the cause...

Raiyun

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With: Baba
    Feeling: Suspicious
    OoC

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
    • Team Jacob 100

Raiyun
    Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:29 am
    User Image
    𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖆

"Patience Ta-la, just follow," The old woman said with a calm reverence as she led Tala through the fog covered forest. It would be some time before they cleared anything, the trees and fog getting thicker and thicker with each step. When the trees themselves started to appear less and less, the fog seemed to get even thicker, and then the old lady came to a stop. "Wait," She said while turning to Tala, a serious expression coming over her face. "Ta-la," She said while looking him dead in the eye, her face as stern as it could be. "Life, or death, Ta-la, for you, for me, you will not move, unless told, you will not touch, unless given, and you do not speak unless spoken to...

The old ladies words came with so much more then just a warning, but she knew Tala well, she knew his courageous, eager mind. Before Tala could retort anything she had just said, the old lady brought her hand up to stop him. "You will be silent, Ta-la, no matter how much you wish to speak," She said while bringing her upheld hand into a fist, her eyes narrowing at him with a complete stern expression ungiven in her eyes. "Your life and mine, will depend on it," She said more serious then anything she had ever said to him in entire life. She waited until he acknowledged her words, and waited more still, until he acknowledged them again. Until he promised to heed her words. Then, with the same hand she had lifted up in front of him, she opened her hand, and snapped her fingers, and the fog suddenly disappeared from around them. Revealing a lone hut in the center clearing of a deep thick treeline, with only one egress, the gap that they had just walked through.

The hut was decently sized, large enough to have several rooms inside. Built directly into a grove of large trees that seemed to have unnaturally grown within the forest. The old lady nodded to Tala once more, and then turned and started into the hut. Passing in through the front door, the hut was just about what you'd expect it be. Strange contraptions and bobbles all about, brews of unknown potions and mixtures lining the tables of the back wall as they entered the first room. Creatures large and small started to bark, growl, chirp, hiss, and howl as they moved about their small cages, ranging from smaller exotic birds, squirrels, lizards and snakes, to larger creatures such as wild dogs, foxes, and a really exotic large white wolf that was cowering in the back of its cage, the metal bars of the cage glowing a slightly blue hue.

With all of the strange items and contraptions lining the entire room, Baba simply made her way through while ushering Tala along, until she reached the backroom of the hut, an area that was almost the exact opposite of the other rooms of the hut. This room had nothing it, sole a single chair facing the door, a large fire set in the center of the room between them. In the chair sat a man that looked as f he could have been older then death itself, his hair and beard white as ivory, and nearly as long as the man was tall. Just as soon as Baba entered the room, she lowered her head and bowed lightly before reaching her hand out for Tala to do the same. "My Lord, I've brought him, as you wished," She said with an almost sickly sweet trembling in her voice, as if she was thrilled, and confident, yet wary, and cautious. Without saying another word, Baba simply looked to Tala now, and waited. IN the large chair before him, the man's eyes opened slowly, revealing deep whitish grey eyes where his iris's should have been, with no semblance of a pupil in sight. The man looked directly at Tala, as if he was peering deep within him, and he lifted only a finger from its resting place before speaking. "S-shoooooow meeeeeee," He said in a deep gruff voice that sounded like it hadn't been used in decades. "Hiiiiiiiidde..."

In that moment, Baba looked to Tala with narrowed eyes, she knew Tala must have had many questions, but she had already given her warning. 'Show me'... 'Hide'... it shouldn't have been too hard for Tala to figure out, taking into consideration his raiment of course. So when Tala didn't move at first, Baba shoved her hands forward in the air, telling him to do something, quickly...

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

TalaMaxwell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:44 am
    Tala Maxwell

Tala never liked when the Witch spoke like that... She knew she had him at an impasse already, knowing he would not turn back into the fog for fear of where his mind might lead him... Alone the youth had a very active imagination and with the gloom feeding off his fears, he would be a stickler for punishment if he decided to turn back now... His eyes would go from focusing all around, to a single focal point before him - Baba.

As the fog started to grow thick - so much that a blade may just have been able to cut a slice, she would whirl around, stopping the male in his tracks. Already watching her, he would have just enough chance to react, but not so much that they didn't meet eye to eye as she shot him a look that would have unnerved any other.

"But-I..." The wave of her hand was so close to his face that he flinched as though expecting to be struck, then he would narrow his eyes before biting his lip as her serious expression deepened - she wasn't messing around and he realised this as she reiterated that he would be Silent. That both their lives depended on him holding his tongue and doing as he was told... At this point, he wanted so much to ask her why, to press her for more information, but the only thing he could achieve was a hushed breath and a simple dip of his gaze. She pressed him again for acknowledgement and he nodded - a little more strongly this time before swallowing hard as she opened her hand, dispersing the fog with a snap of her fingers to reveal they had reached their destination.

As Baba finally broke their gaze, Tala had just minutes to take in the sight of the clearing before the Witch approached the door. The boarder of trees that walled the glade was so thick that it was like they had entered a fortress through which there was only one exit... The hut itself appeared to be the only other doorway - and he knew for sure that through that opening was the reason they had come...
    It was not wise to fall behind and so, even though his mind was telling him to run, the Shadowmancer would swallow his trepidation and step as boldly as his legs would carry him through the door.

There was no preparation for what met him on the other side, sure, as she was a Witch, Tala had expected there would be potions, bits and baubles and of course the means to mix them all together in one big concoction...but as he followed her in through the next doorway he suddenly felt his tensions rise - Tala was used to seeing rats and ravens dotted around, the occasional creature which would act as a messenger between her patrons...but the room was stocked to the brim with creatures of all shapes and sizes...some even he failed to recognise...

They all seemed to spring into life as the pair entered the room, rattling hysterically around their confines as though desperate to be free - some showed anger at being squeezed into such cramped spaces whilst others clawed frantically in a fruitless attempt to get away... Tala tried his hardest to keep his eyes down, but from the peripheral of his vision, one sight in particular turned his head and he lifted his gaze to regard the terror-stricken creature as it retreated to the furthest corner of its confines... Before he could react, Baba ushered the male through the next doorway and into the final room.

Trying to keep a handle on his nerves, Tala hadn't realised he'd clenched his fists tight within his pockets, biting his lip so much that he could now taste a hint of blood on his tongue... When they passed over the threshold, it was almost as though they had stepped back out into the forest - had it not been for the fire, the room would have been deathly silent... As Baba stepped aside, addressing the sole figure in the room, Tala's eyes would flick towards the aged individual in its centre - Was this 'Him'? he wouldn't linger on the thought as Baba motioned for him to bow, he would do as he was told before lifting his gaze once again to the man, glancing towards the Witch briefly as she spoke of bringing him as he had wished...

As the figure's eyes opened, Tala felt a chill surge through his body, there was no visible pupil to see, but he felt his very soul under scrutiny and swallowed hard, watching as the man raised a bony finger and uttered a command.

How could he see? Tala would have asked, but as he felt the burn of Baba's glare - along with the motion to act swiftly, his heart beat just that little bit faster and he shot a glance around the room before shaking his head, his mind drawing a blank as to what was expected of him. In panic, he made the only move that ever allowed him to feel safe and secure and summoned the very shadows to his aid - 'Disappearing' from sight.

He of course was still very much there, but as the shadows cloaked him from view he lifted his gaze towards the man in the centre. Tala's heart pounded as strongly in his chest as it did in his throat and ears and he watched in silence...hoping he'd made the right decision.

Raiyun

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With: Baba, An Unknown Elder
    Feeling: .....
    OoC Whoa.

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
    • Team Jacob 100

Raiyun
    Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:15 pm
    User Image
    𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖆

Watching as the shadows suddenly billowed up and around Tala, both Baba and the old man watched fervently, watching until the shadows completely engulfed Tala. Once everything had come to a stop, everything and everyone in the room just stood still. After a moment, the old man's face started to change to a bit of annoyance as his gaze shifted from the shadowy mass in front of him to Baba. Without missing a beat, she pushed her hand forward in a strangely cryptic maneuver, and suddenly a pulse of wind pushed out fiercely in Tala's direction, with enough force to push him all the way back to the wall. "Ta-la, how many times must I tell you, you must blend, you must blend..." She said while holding her hand up and giving him a 'hurry up' expression with her mouth, and waited until either Tala gave way to the winds, or backed to the wall on his own.

Once Tala was against the wall, the shadows around him started to meld into the shadows of the hut, as if there was something in between the fire in the center of the room and Tala. In that moment, Tala truly couldn't be seen, and the shadow blended well enough to show the old man nothing but a dark corner of the room. Seemingly pleased, the old man let out a small smirk while nodding in the direction of the shadow. Baba then looke from the old man to Tala and smiled with a wicked face. "Didn't I say? Perfect," She said with glee as he looked in her general direction once more. He took a deep breath, and then started to lift his hand unsteadily while looking back in Tala's direction. "M-my lord! Please, allow me!" She started to say when he moved and lifted his hand. The old man shot her a glaring look, which immediately had Baba take a step back and silence herself. Looking back towards the clump of shadow, the old man held out his hand and pointed a single finger in his direction.

"Cooommmmeee, Kneeeeel," The old man said before mumbling something behind his breath as his finger started to glow at the tip. The old man waited until Tala came forward on his own, and then continued to utter a strange mumbling language similar to, yet a bit different from Baba whenever she casted magic, and then pressed his glowing finger onto Tala's forehead.

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

TalaMaxwell

Beyond the City ➣The Island

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas