Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2018)
Kitteh Faye Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:20 pm
Day # 45
Theme: (teddy) Bear

User Image

Comments: So I've been wanting to show off my collection for a while. I keep calling my husband a 'stuffie enabler' since he keeps buying me more, very large, stuffed animals. The white bear in the back is my latest friend. Her name is Peppermint (short for White Peppermint Mocha, only cuz the other bear's name is Cappuccino), and she was a 3-day-after-valentine's day 70% off at Target, so she was only $4.50 @u@ and it might be hard to tell but most of these stuffies are quite large. The white unicorn is actually used as my nightly support pillow (the second pillow you put behind your head pillow) and her midsection alone is the size of a standard bed pillow.
Also....this isn't even half my stuffies sweatdrop I have a whole chest of ones I got before getting together with my husband, and a whole bunch more on top of a wardrobe/armiore in our living room. These are just more recent ones (minus the large hello kitty, I won her at Dave and Busters about 5 years ago) but most of these are less than 2 years old.

edit: I'm wrong!!! I forgot Kirara was in there!!! That's actually THE VERY FIRST STUFFIE MY HUSBAND GAVE ME FROM THE PAC SUN IN THE MALL BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL heart heart heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:49 pm
Day # 46
Theme: Sorrow

Warning: It's only a pencil sketch so it's not really 'gory' but the implication is strong (best way I could word it)

User Image

Comments: The title of this piece is "To Stop the Pain, Remove the Source". I normally don't do art that depicts emotion like this, so doing it was somewhat difficult. My anatomy is horridly off, and I had to go in with photoshop and warp the image a bit to shrink the supremely oversized head.
Possible depression trigger warning
When the sorrow, the depression, the heavy overwhelming emotions you feel cause such utter pain it's a physical ache in your entire body. Your chest feels so full, like there is just immense pressure both inside and out. It hurts so badly your stomach is clenched to the point of vomiting, and you want to claw at your chest, to ease the pressure, to claw and rip your own heart out to make the pain, the pressure, the overwhelming constriction stop, the be able to breathe again. Your whole body feels wrong, like your veins are numb, your nerves seizing under the skin, and your head feels like it's full of cotton and nails pointing both outward and in, trying to rip your skull apart while simultaneously piercing your brain in every sense. Physically, emotionally, mentally, even spiritually whether or not you believe in the spirit or not you can still feel this utter pain throughout your entire being.

Yeah so yeah  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:14 pm
Day # 47
Theme: Pig, Mars

User Image

Comments: I started this, then went to go eat dinner and I'm legit nodding off rn so it will be finished later. It's supposed to be sailor mars  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:07 pm
Day # 48
Theme: Color Palette

User Image

Comments: Playing around with a style I don't normally do (the fat chunky lineart) and I'm not great with chibis and I usually don't do art without a traditional base sketch....so yeah
idk I was just messing around today  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:18 pm
Day # 49
Theme: Horse

User Image

Comments: I....have no excuse for this emo I was like 'I'mma pixel a horse and maybe animate it' but then I realized I'm not familiar with drawing horses and I'm even worse with pixel art and.... idk what this is tbh  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:52 pm
Day # 50
Theme: Siblings, Finish/Improve

User Image

Comments: Redrew my day 5 piece
original:
User Image

Wanted to fix the anatomy and stuff. It's still not perfect but I think it's an improvement at least  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:11 pm
Day # 51
Theme: Medium: Markers

User Image

Comments: So I have had these markers for....a while. They're Ohuhu and I got a pack of 80 for $40 on amazon. The problem is that they are all fine/chisel tip, and the 'fine' tip isn't all that fine, and my lining pens smudge when I use them with my markers (ok so I have played a little with them before...) so I tried using the black marker to do the lining and yeah.... whoops! I really want to find a Copic liner at some point but I guess experimenting is still ok  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:05 pm
Day # 52
Theme: Potato

Bake a potato
Butter drips down it's cooked flesh
Simple but tastey

Comments: I had this awesome idea for art deco and Transylvania but I cannot for the life of me figure out the actual technical 'how to take idea and turn into product' and it has me indescribably frustrated to the point that drawing makes me want to break my pencil so I'm not gonna push it.
Have a haiku  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:57 pm
Day # 53
Theme: Spirit Challenge: Character in their Undies

User Image

User Image

Comments: Blaze is back for yet another Spirit Challenge! he's fairly flexible in the fact that he's not picky about clothing, so that's why I chose him.

Blaze is usually very high energy, the youngest (I believe) of 7 brothers at 24 years old (don't quote me on this I forget my own character's bs lol). His character is inspired heavily by the music of Mindless Self Indulgence. Upbeat, a bit chaotic, wacky and can sometimes be fairly self centered (not in a rude way, more of in a forgets to ask people for their opinions and just expects people to want to do what he wants to do) )even though he doesn't realize it himself). Hobbies include hanging with his brothers, performing onstage (lead singer of my world's version of MSI), wild parties with his groupies and brothers (which usually includes alcohol, drugs and orgies), gymnastics and skateboarding.
He normally wears a red or black A shirt (the tank undershirts) and black cargo pants with converse sneakers or shoes similar in fashion. Would probs mostly shop at Hot Topic and Spencer's. But! He's weird so really please dress him in anything!!! feel free to be creative and go nuts on this one!!

PSD file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CL5hzWVsrpOsefNqNa8Z80TdvNMf84Fj
please note I originally made it in Sai so idk how the psd will work)
OR click the images about to go to the DA pages where I uploaded full sized images

Also I know his hair and eyes are colored in the lineart version, it's cuz his hair is unique and I really wanted to keep it's coloring, and the eyes creeped me out uncolored lol  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:28 pm
Day # 54
Theme: Spirit Challenge Part 2

User Image

Comments: She was too cute to resist! Outfit inspired by the anime Konohana Kitan, which is about fox girls working at an Inn!

User Image

Comments: After reading her description I really was inspire to make an asymmetrical piece where she would probably use the things she stole to make her clothing, including wearing some of those socks! I followed both the idea of using clashing colors and threw in some of the colors you mentioned, while trying to stick to a pixie-like outfit.

User Image

Comments: Cute Whale Sailor~~ (also why your art always take me so long ><; )  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:17 pm
Day # 55
Theme: Kitten

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b6nIZ1EERYBzmxXe2

Comments: not on comp, will get pic on da tomorrow and fix this post

------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit 3/4/18 8:49pm EST:

Scanned in version
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:45 pm
Day # 56
Theme: Leek on a Bicycle

User Image

Comments: Yeah it explains itself lol  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:45 pm
Day # 57
Theme: Color Palette

User Image

Comments: So when I was sketching this I really liked the line texture and kinda gritty sketchy look of my base lines and I decided to not refine them and instead keep them as is. I feel like it fits the feeling of the piece nicely. I drew the character and pose with the color palette in mind, and I like how it turned out with the unrefined sketch lines.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:04 pm
Day # 58
Theme: Moon, Youth

User Image

Comments: Today just wasn't a good art day. The base sketch took me, like, 30 minutes and it still never looked right so I just final pencil lined it and said whatever :/  

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100

ShadowOfFaye

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:13 pm
Day # 59
Theme: Monchrome Pink

User Image

Comments: WIP WIP WIP WIP
I can't finish this tonight. I had another under layer that I used to block out the shapes before I got to the derpy-looking pink sketch, and am working on refining the lines but I need to stop working on it for tonight and won't be able to do more than this :/  
100 Days Event (2018)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff