Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Silver Millennium speculation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you interested in Silver Millennium stories?
  Yes!
  kinda...
  Not really.
View Results

User_8572

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:35 am
Sorry to bring up the Christian thing again but I notice a lot of anime characters celebrate chistmas... Sailor Moon even has that x-mas CD (i have it and I like Venus's song)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:43 pm
oh no.. dude it's cool. I love the LORD, too! I think Naoko-hime just might actually be a christian, also. It's obvious because of the hints found within her manga.

Ok... so what do we actually know about Silver Millennium?

1. It was the name of Queen Serenity's kingdom
2. It existed in a time of peace
3. It was destroyed by the Negaforce.

...what else?  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:25 pm
~Alechsa~
Sailor Papillon
What about the other senshi's princess name? Usagi was Serenity...but the others were just called "Princess of Mars" ..etc..

In one act of the manga it showed their Palaces...well part of the Outer's Palaces...

They just represented the gods their planets were named after, I suppose. Venus supposedly WAS Venus, but the rest were (fans believe) meant to be the daughters of those gods.

Yeah, I know... I heard somewhere that Hotaru has a dollhouse of Saturn's palace. I think during a flashback you see Venus' palace in CNwSV.

Yep... somthin like that...

The "gods" were actually humanoid aliens from other worlds in the galaxy who came to colonize our system due to the Sailor War. The native Humans living on Earth had never seen the advanced technology that these people possessed. Their primitive minds told them they must have been divine beings... Well, what would you think if you lived in ancient times and you saw before you an advanced peice of machinery and a person you've never seen before operating it??? That's my point. Am I understood?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:08 pm
Japan actually loves Christmas, they celebrate it even in Shinto households.

I don't believe Takeuchi-san is Christian, she just wrote Sailor Moon to have an obvious Christian influence. There's also Greco-Roman and Japanese Mythology influence, made obvious by the Pluto-Saturn "switch" fiasco.

Look at her other works and see how many biblical similarities you spot before you make such a strong assumption about the manga-ka.  

Syndrama

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:49 pm
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:53 am
Ok.... so I've got some ideas. The parents of the sailor senshi! (it's about bloody time, eh?) They are incomplete and are subject to editing as I get more ideas. Tell me if these add up or not.

Sailor Mercury- Father: Hermes, Mother confused ??

Sailor Venus- Father: Hephastus, Mother: Aphrodite

Sailor Moon: Father: Apollo, Mother: Serenity (Selene)

Sailor Mars- Father Aries, Mother confused ??

Sailor Jupiter- Father: Zeus, Mother: Hera

Sailor Saturn- Father: Hades, Mother:

Sailor Uranus- Father confused ?? , Mother confused ??

Sailor Neptune- Father: Poseidon, Mother confused ??

Sailor Pluto- Father: Chronus, Mother confused ??  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:21 am
New Planet ideas!!! Yay! Feel free to add in some, if you want.

1.Freejia- Has a superior Navy and Aerospace Corps. Homeworld of Apollo, Orpheus, and Serenity.

2.Sparta- Has an excellent Army. Homeworld of Hepahstus, Aphrodite, and Aries.

3.Galactica- The core-world capital of the Galaxy; later known as Shadow Galactica. Homeworld of Galaxia and the originator of the Galactican invasion force.

4.Terran- Almost exclusively uses organic biotechnology. Homeworld of Terra the first alien colonists encountered on Earth. Bribed the Athenian Spy-Net to erase their data from the Galactic Star Charts and assassinate all non-Terranis who knew the coordinates of the planet.

5.Athens- Has a superior Spy-Net. Homeworld of Hermes and Athena.

((edit: you know what? I think I'll open up a new thread for this purpose. Those interested in my planets, look out for the new thread.))  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:27 pm
Rush_Hardroc
Ok.... so I've got some ideas. The parents of the sailor senshi! (it's about bloody time, eh?) They are incomplete and are subject to editing as I get more ideas. Tell me if these add up or not.

Try looking up said gods and you can fingure out who they go at it with.

Then again, some of them don't have a father or mother.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:45 am
Luamervara
Rush_Hardroc

Try looking up said gods and you can fingure out who they go at it with.

Then again, some of them don't have a father or mother.

sure. but lioke I said, it's subject to editing, as I still don't have everything down  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:29 am
Anyways... Heres a good question: If the moon could support life 1000 years ago, what events caused it to be totally lifeless? I say it could be because of Sailor Saturn. Didn't the Anime say something like that?  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

User_8572

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:51 am
Rush_Hardroc
Anyways... Heres a good question: If the moon could support life 1000 years ago, what events caused it to be totally lifeless? I say it could be because of Sailor Saturn. Didn't the Anime say something like that?

Beryl attacked, moon go boom- end of that I guess... and after a 1,000 years i guess everything just crumbled away when everyone died... tear  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:02 am
~Alechsa~
Japan actually loves Christmas, they celebrate it even in Shinto households.

I don't believe Takeuchi-san is Christian, she just wrote Sailor Moon to have an obvious Christian influence. There's also Greco-Roman and Japanese Mythology influence, made obvious by the Pluto-Saturn "switch" fiasco.

Look at her other works and see how many biblical similarities you spot before you make such a strong assumption about the manga-ka.
3nodding i was going to say something similar, but you seem to have taken care of it.

anyways, i just wanted to say that aside from the whole "messiah" motif in s, i don't really see that much of christian influence. where were you guys picking up that kind of stuff?

also, i remember reading somewhere that people came to similar speculations after noting the frequent use of cross jewelry and some other imagery naoko uses in the manga. it was explained that while there isn't much information available on her actual religious beliefs, she probably wasn't christian and was just using that imagery in a similar way to how the yin yang is popular in western culture; it has something of an air of mystery and intrigue. 3nodding

pink robotic techno kitty

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:16 pm
yeah but i honestly don't think that Christian symbols aren't something you just decorate with. it's a symbol of the faith. There is too much evidence that says it... Chances are good that Naoko-hime is saved! Yay! I'd be beside myself happy if it were confirmed true.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:18 pm
i always loved them in there cute lil dresses  

ddemim

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out