Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Angel Sanctuary Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many of the books can you find in your area?
1-5
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
6-10
57%
 57%  [ 29 ]
11-15
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
16-20
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 50

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:27 am
Sanekazura
You lucky germans. I went into a papershop in Trier this summer. eek So much manga. How many of yuki's can you find translated in Germany?

At the moment Angel Sanctuary, Boys Next Door, Neji and God Child, but this summer they'll sell Kaine and Ludwig Revolutions heart
And they published Angel Cage here, I love it! I was always disappointed because I can't get Lost Angel translated, but now I know how lucky I am here in Germany with all these manga published.
Can't wait to hold them in my hands...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:25 am
Oh my! i wonder how long it's gonna take before we see Yuki's manga here in Sweden... gonk  

Sonoshi
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:45 pm
Sono; VERY long, unless I go conquer the world a bit sooner than expected. Maybe we all should write to everyone around here that publishes manga and tell them how great she is.

Though I'm not sure Sweden is ready for her either. I can see the headlines already: "Incest, murder and homosexuality in new, japanese comic - for kids" rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:36 pm
I know this doesn't really fits to the totel of the thread, but when we're talking about this anyways:

OMG, I just got a preview in which the new manga which will be published this summer are introduced, and now I have at least a few pages of kaine and Ludwig revolution translated! One month, then I'll own Kaine! heart *is totally happy*  

Katinchen012

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:51 am
Vi Sparklemist
Sono; VERY long, unless I go conquer the world a bit sooner than expected. Maybe we all should write to everyone around here that publishes manga and tell them how great she is.

Though I'm not sure Sweden is ready for her either. I can see the headlines already: "Incest, murder and homosexuality in new, japanese comic - for kids" rolleyes

Ah, yes. But maybe, just maybe, noone would care. And we could go out to a bookstore and buy a copy or CC or Neji.

So, let's write to them! 3nodding Let's write, not only once, but many, many times, until they break down and publish them just to get some peace of mind.

Katinchen; Good for you! whee
And ón the subject, how did people in Germany react on AS?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:13 am
Sanekazura
Vi Sparklemist

Ah, yes. But maybe, just maybe, noone would care. And we could go out to a bookstore and buy a copy or CC or Neji.

So, let's write to them! 3nodding Let's write, not only once, but many, many times, until they break down and publish them just to get some peace of mind.

Katinchen; Good for you! whee
And ón the subject, how did people in Germany react on AS?

The people I know love it almost as much as I do. And there were no "Incest, murder and homosexuality in new, japanese comic - for kids"-headlines wink
(At least none linked to AS, there were some "violence and sex"-articles about manga stare )
It's a very popular manga here in Germany, I think some of them were even at a very high ranking at amazon(.de).  

Katinchen012

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:57 am
I'm already writing it, Sane! ;D

It's good it's popular in Germany, Sweden seems to have some kind of link with manga publishers over there. Maybe there is a chance after all?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:18 am
So AS is popular in Germany too? I knew it was loved in France, but not in Germany. That's good. Good taste. whee

Did anyone care about those articles? Did parents forbid their children to read it? Or was it just one out of many more, trying to "shock" you?

It's the same company that publish manga in Germany and sweden, right? So... How long did it take before AS appeared in Germany?  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:03 am
As far as I know not many people care about these articles... Those who read manga before doesn't stop because of them, and many others start reading because there are some popular anime in TV and they want to read the manga also. Most of them don't even know these articles exist...^^'

They started publishing AS here in February 2001, so it didn't take that long.
Let me think... Manga slowly started getting popular with Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball, that's... maybe seven or eight years from now?
Of course all needed time, so I think at least another one or two years until there were many to buy, so AS didn't take too long.
Now, they even put a (really ugly stare ) label on all other manga of Kaori Yuki, just because they hope more people will byu them then.

How's the comapany called that publishes manga in Sweden? Here we got Carlsen, who sell all from Kaori Yuki, two other big companies and a few others, small ones.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:26 am
Carlsen sounds familiar heart
Time to send those messages, I believe!  

Vi Sparklemist

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:37 am
Carlsen is the biggest one, with about 7 or 8 titles at the moment.
There is Egmont too, I think they offer two...

A label? xd Does it work?
I've looked at Carlsen's site. It looked good, you really have a lot too chose from.
Is manga expensive in Germany? And does the prices differ between different companies?

Then you got AS way earlier than USA did... Why? Anyone from the US who knows and would like to tell?
Well, that means there's hope for us. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:23 am
EMA(Egmont Manga and Anime) is here too, but they sell a bit more than two manga... sweatdrop

The price depends on company, quality and content...
Carlsen sells manga for 5 Euros if they think it's for kids, 6 Euros if it's for teens or adults.
AS costs 6 Euros, of course, and some other manga, which have pin-ups or other stuff like this or are... well, larger then normal, cost 10 Euros.
Then we have EMA, all manga 5 Euros(but they don't sell as much as interesting manga as Carlsen...) and Tokyopop has just started selling here, they are the most expensive ones.
If you only buy one manga, it isn't expensive, but I don't know how I could pay all manga I'm buying if I got less money then now...  

Katinchen012

Xterius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:24 am
Hooray!!! The seventh book is out around here and I'm going to go get it this week probably. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:23 pm
It only goes up to eight here in Michigan gonk crying . Which bites cause my friend has volumes one through six right now and she has enough for a couple more mangas. She wanted to get I think the next three, she's screwed. The cool thing about the manga's she has and gets is she lets me read them as many times as I want. She has I'm guessing over $300 worth of manga's. I don't have any character's that I dislike in Angel Sanctuary I love them all!!! Wait I take that back. Boiz is an @$$!!! I can't believe that his punishment was the dungeon I would have done a lot worse!  

Achtzhens_master

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:14 am
-pokes Achtzhens_master-
You even like Dobiel? eek
I'm.. impressed.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers