Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Which controls are better to you????? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:47 pm
Gamer_404
NotteRequiem
I think I'll agree with you here, Bio. Re4 would have been much more enjoyable graphically if it were set up like the REmake or Zero.

Just imagine the angles we would have gotten on Krauser and Wesker? 3nodding

It would be kinda hard though, what with the large environments and all.

It could have worked. Just a more zoomed out/panning view for the larger environments.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:49 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Once I got used to the original RE controls, I never found them annoying again.
The thing that I did like about RE4 is the fact that you do get to aim and hit certain points on the body that hurt more than others. That was a step up in the depth of the controls, and going back now would ruin the series, it was like a point of no return. But I did love the original.
I still have the ideal of having the original RE controls, and then as soon as you push R, or R1, or whatever the aim button is, the camera would zoom right behind you and be like in RE4. That would be a brilliant system, because you do get the suspense and the changing angles, but at the same time you still get the aiming feature.

If you play Dead Aim, I think it was a great game that showed the perfect example of the fact that you CAN aim and at the same time still having difficulties with the zombies. Although that was a whole nother type of controls and if you have a Guncon or a USB mouse, you would have loved it.

I agree with Bio. The old controls really weren't that bad once you got used to them, and I think Dead Aim probably had the best controls. The fact once you aimed it turned first person was a great idea. I think it actually made the game a little more freaky. If zombies were offscreen and approaching you, you would suddenly find them.

That would be a really good move if Capcom included that kind of control in RE5  

StriderHayato

Twili-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:31 am
RE4 controls definitely... much easier aim, and better character control as well..in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:12 pm
Twili-Chan
RE4 controls definitely... much easier aim, and better character control as well..in my opinion.

Which takes the fun out of it....it was too easy for an already too easy game...  

Vankala

Kaimeko Tanaka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:44 am
i personally have no problem using both they are easy and both have an advantage and disadvantage such as in the older games the camera angels could be dead awful or miss little thing but it was that which made it slightly more creepy and wondering whats next in re4 and 5 the gun controls are a little harder but more fun but it feel to much like an action pack game and not the puzzle horror we came to love some don't care and like the new ones more i miss the puzzles everywhere no matter how painful and less zombies and less ammo like a survival game and not blow s**t away for fun i love all the games but i am nit picky they are all games i just hope they don't screw up the story line and hope to see more ada and her past  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:15 am
We're way past screwing up the storyline. If you don't think they screwed up the storyline yet, I can't imagine how it's possible to ruin it for you at all.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaimeko Tanaka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:41 pm
I don't know many people say the storyline has been messed up but the way i see the games it all falls into place idk where most people look and see the storyline screw up at cause it all makes sense to me  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:13 pm
After RE4, Umbrella Chronicles and RE5, I honestly can't imagine what WOULD screw it up for you.  

Biohazard EXTREME

I Rebecca Chambers l

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:02 am
I'm gonna be honest here, but the RE4 (PS2 ver.) controls are a bit easier for me. I don't know how. It's most likely because of the button layout.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:02 pm
I think the Wii controls for RE4 make the game extremely easy. You could already have the aim cursor on the head and just hold the button for the shooting stance. I still like the old tank controls. xP  

Kishiru324

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:39 pm
gourry jellyfish brain
I don't know many people say the storyline has been messed up but the way i see the games it all falls into place idk where most people look and see the storyline screw up at cause it all makes sense to me

It made sense to me to, but then Bio taught me to "properly" appreciate the original storyline. right Bio? xD here let me save some trial and error here.

Jellyfish if you go here RE Debate Round 2 I brought in my thoughts again to why the newer games aren't so liked, at least in the guild, and Bio and the others in there put up some REALLY good points that finally made more sense to me since I touched basis on it again. If you read through that one page I think you'll see what Bio is trying to get it. I'll always love the newer games, well at least RE 4 and 5, regardless, BUT at least I have a much better understanding of things now.

to be on topic with this thread, as far as controls go, I'm totally fine with tank controls but it kinda limits what I really want to do. i prefer tank controls for a game that isn't entirely supposed to be action based and its more on survivor horror base. if its more action based than you need a control system that gives you more leeway. hence the over the shoulder view in the newer games. im an old fan of first person shooters, but RE is just a series id rather NOT see in first person. id rather see the character im playing, and third person perspective lets me see a lot more.

but i think thats what's unique about over the shoulder view. its a half and half of both. its not really first person, but its not really third person either. its inbetween.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:35 am
But over the shoulder camera still lacks the effective and ever awesome camera angles, and you only get to see the character's back and a** the whole time. Which might be okay for YOU, since you're a girl, and Leon is teh hotness, apparently.
But even if I was to play RE3, Jill with her miniskirt and tube top, fine as her a** may be... I still would rather get to see her in all angles OUTSIDE of Cinematics.

The hallway in RE1/Remake, the one fight after the L-Shaped hallway where the dogs pop out. As soon as you enter that room, you get a medium shot of the character, straight on, and it's just beautiful. The character models in REmake are awesome, and even in RE1, it gives the opportunity to have a really good view of the character.
Other such examples... There might be more, but off the top of my head, in REmake, RE2 and RE0, there are a some parts where you're walking, and then you get a shot of you, through a window. And it's like someone is looking AT the character. And maybe they are, maybe not. You don't know, but it's so effective, you just go, "Oh s**t, is anything gonna come out!?"

That's so much of what horror is about! You could have a whole game of nothing but atmosphere, and it'll be horror.
You could have a whole game full of zombies and monsters, and if it's nothing but shooting, no matter how fun, it's not horror.

Resident Evil has had a whole genre transformation. It's not Survival Horror anymore. Where's my zombie Survival Horror game? It's gone.

Of course, that's pure gameplay style.
And obviously when I say, "Resident Evil has long been ruined," I don't mean, "Because it's not survival horror anymore."
I mean, you could change one, two things. But when you take EVERYTHING about it and you change it so completely that if it wasn't for the title, you wouldn't even think they're the same franchise...
What you get... You get one ruined franchise, and an one potential awesome new franchise that doesn't get realized.
I mean, look at Devil May Cry. It could've been RE4, then Resident Evil would've been ruined that much sooner, but they actually did the smart thing and said, "This could be a whole new thing." And look at how successful it's become.

I'm not a hater. I will admit that Resident Evil 4 is a good game in design. A good shooter. It didn't need the "Resident Evil" label on it to succeed.

But back on topic. The point is, Final Fantasy is an RPG, Metal Gear Solid is a Stealth Shooter, Command and Conquer is a real time strategy, God of War is hack and slash, Tomb Raider is a platformer... Resident Evil SHOULD BE survival horror. But it isn't.

It's like a zombie, in a way. I mean, once a human turns into a zombie... It might be the same body, but it's no longer human. It doesn't have the intelligence or memories of what it used to be. Just like the new Resident Evil... It doesn't require the intelligence it needed to play the classics, and it doesn't require the memories of playing those games, since Crapcom just hands it to you in an extremely simplified, dumbed down version called Umbrella/Dark Side Chronicles.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:46 am
Biohazard EXTREME
But over the shoulder camera still lacks the effective and ever awesome camera angles, and you only get to see the character's back and a** the whole time. Which might be okay for YOU, since you're a girl, and Leon is teh hotness, apparently.
But even if I was to play RE3, Jill with her miniskirt and tube top, fine as her a** may be... I still would rather get to see her in all angles OUTSIDE of Cinematics.

The hallway in RE1/Remake, the one fight after the L-Shaped hallway where the dogs pop out. As soon as you enter that room, you get a medium shot of the character, straight on, and it's just beautiful. The character models in REmake are awesome, and even in RE1, it gives the opportunity to have a really good view of the character.
Other such examples... There might be more, but off the top of my head, in REmake, RE2 and RE0, there are a some parts where you're walking, and then you get a shot of you, through a window. And it's like someone is looking AT the character. And maybe they are, maybe not. You don't know, but it's so effective, you just go, "Oh s**t, is anything gonna come out!?"

That's so much of what horror is about! You could have a whole game of nothing but atmosphere, and it'll be horror.
You could have a whole game full of zombies and monsters, and if it's nothing but shooting, no matter how fun, it's not horror.

Resident Evil has had a whole genre transformation. It's not Survival Horror anymore. Where's my zombie Survival Horror game? It's gone.

Of course, that's pure gameplay style.
And obviously when I say, "Resident Evil has long been ruined," I don't mean, "Because it's not survival horror anymore."
I mean, you could change one, two things. But when you take EVERYTHING about it and you change it so completely that if it wasn't for the title, you wouldn't even think they're the same franchise...
What you get... You get one ruined franchise, and an one potential awesome new franchise that doesn't get realized.
I mean, look at Devil May Cry. It could've been RE4, then Resident Evil would've been ruined that much sooner, but they actually did the smart thing and said, "This could be a whole new thing." And look at how successful it's become.

I'm not a hater. I will admit that Resident Evil 4 is a good game in design. A good shooter. It didn't need the "Resident Evil" label on it to succeed.

But back on topic. The point is, Final Fantasy is an RPG, Metal Gear Solid is a Stealth Shooter, Command and Conquer is a real time strategy, God of War is hack and slash, Tomb Raider is a platformer... Resident Evil SHOULD BE survival horror. But it isn't.

It's like a zombie, in a way. I mean, once a human turns into a zombie... It might be the same body, but it's no longer human. It doesn't have the intelligence or memories of what it used to be. Just like the new Resident Evil... It doesn't require the intelligence it needed to play the classics, and it doesn't require the memories of playing those games, since Crapcom just hands it to you in an extremely simplified, dumbed down version called Umbrella/Dark Side Chronicles.

um....hence the point i was making that the controls depends on what the game is aiming for. i didn't say anything about starring at the character because their hot. and who said anything about leon? ******** leon, i want wesker. i love playing sheva or jill as well. its not just about watching a male character lol. but yeah....do i really have to repeat what i just said?

if its more survivor horror base than i say yeah, give it the tank controls with third person because the over the shoulder view is meant more for action based games. RE 5 is really one step away from being like DMC 4. I like DMC 4's view and controls as well, but its very action based. so yeah, depends on what type of game. i can roll with whatever controls the game gives me. it doesnt entirely matter to me.

So like i said, depends on what the game is aiming for.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 am
But the game SHOULD be aiming for survival horror. If a game strays away from its genre, then it should only be done no further than a spinoff, or side story.
But the biggest problem is... Even if people generally like the direction RE has went... It made them blind to the fact that it's NOT horror. They say, "Resident Evil is horror... Therefore RE4 and RE5 is horror." and they just call that Survival Horror, when it's not.
I mean, the back of Resident Evil 4 writes a quote, "Destined to be the greatest survival horror game in history." WTF!!!  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:20 am
Biohazard EXTREME
But the game SHOULD be aiming for survival horror. If a game strays away from its genre, then it should only be done no further than a spinoff, or side story.
But the biggest problem is... Even if people generally like the direction RE has went... It made them blind to the fact that it's NOT horror. They say, "Resident Evil is horror... Therefore RE4 and RE5 is horror." and they just call that Survival Horror, when it's not.
I mean, the back of Resident Evil 4 writes a quote, "Destined to be the greatest survival horror game in history." WTF!!!

what the game "should" be aiming for and what controls i prefer....aren't those two different issues? im just saying that i can roll with whatever controls the use for the game if its being used properly. like if RE wasn't taken away from the survival horror, i couldnt imagine it with the over the shoulder view. but since it HAS gone in that direction to be more action based and less survival horror, then the controls they have for it now are just fine. but thats ONLY because they strayed from the survival horror aspect and made it more action based.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff