After the War Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

After the war...
  There was the dominion of men and everything else was destroyed
  Elves still existem somewhere in Middle Earth...but thats all
  There were also some evil that needed to be destroyed...
  Men weren't the only race, others still existed
  Something else happened....
View Results

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:59 pm
Yeah but it looked nothing like it was supposed to, at least in my opinion. -_- It wasn't what I was expecting sad  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:04 pm
Thanks wink I am something of a bookworm so I have a pretty good memory of booky things. I also just finished reading The Atlas of Middle Earth so that helped with the geography part. Hehe.

I thought the armor was well-depicted; the distinction between the different groups was well-maintained, and it felt real to me, in terms of practicality. However, the movies' looks were heavily influenced by John Howe and Alan Lee, both of whom are pretty much THE icons for LotR imagery, so I think that gives something of a bias.  

Londo Mollari

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:06 pm
I agree on the bias xd And I am bookworm myself, but well with school it's been hard to find time to read sad  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:34 pm
yep I infinately agree. sorry I've been away I was on camp...
anyway this isn't a person but...what happened to

Moria

after the war  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:40 am
I don't think the Dwarves ever went back! Cause it was kinda overrun with goblins and what not, and partly destroyed due to that and the Balrog incident.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:38 am
So it just became part of the goblins territory then? I'm sure the dwarves would have tried to claim back their land, especially after the war.  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:37 pm
I'm not sure myself. But we don't really know what happened with all the dwarves. One of their major cities was gone (Moria), and we never heard of any of the other dwarves. They might have tried to recapture it, but I'm not sure blaugh It would have been hard ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:50 am
Looking for translation of my name, although originally it was a random generated name....I'm looking to see if it actually means something. The closest thing I've found is Amon Rudh, *supposedly bald hill........* and suffix -iel meaning maiden, common ending for female names.

Any further insight to name translations would be most helpful.  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:24 pm
Sorry I can't help you there sad  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:19 am
Lol, thats ok, I'm reading through the books to get a good translation. Hopefully over the holidays I can finish my 'research', Then I'll be able to make up a nice concise Elven name booklet....Sindarin naturally...  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:01 pm
I don't know any Elvish! gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:00 am
No better time to learn! Time to get out the lotr tril again! Actually is there a 'learning elvish' thread somewhere in the guild?  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:41 pm
Could be >< But I'm currently learning my 3rd and 4th languages, another is just overload xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:59 am
o wow, what languages are you learning?  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:04 am
xd Okies so I already knew Spanish and English, and I'm in my 3rd year of French and my 1st year of Japanese blaugh (in japanese)  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff