• Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:02 pm
alicelights
Sai-kun
Angelic.Midnight
Morikawa Yuki
I thought there is an anime for count cain...but then again i may be wrong... sweatdrop
u might of mistaken Kaori's Angel Sanctuary for Count Cain. The character Kira looks alot (and I mean alot) like Cain.

Really?
I think they look very different...
Cain looks a lot younger and more effeminate than Kira...
There was a point where Setsuna had dark hair (randomly...I still dont know why that happened...it was like Kaori Yuki: ::buys new ink pens! plays around with Setsuna's hairdo!:: )where they looked a little similar, but once again, Cain = prettier, though Cain is a lot darker and more twisted than Setsuna ever was.

oooh yeah-
Cains a few wires short of insanity. Set-chan is just too sweet to do anything like Cain. Cain is totally unpredictable.

I don't really see the similarity with Kira and Cain... maybe it's because I know the characters better than I know my friends.

I love Cain, I think Setsuna is a twit, to be honest ^_^;;
Sara annoys me too...go fig...I liked the secondary characters in Angel Sanctuary better, if you ask me, theyre better developed than Setsuna or Sara ever were.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Sai-kun
alicelights
Sai-kun
Angelic.Midnight
Morikawa Yuki
I thought there is an anime for count cain...but then again i may be wrong... sweatdrop
u might of mistaken Kaori's Angel Sanctuary for Count Cain. The character Kira looks alot (and I mean alot) like Cain.

Really?
I think they look very different...
Cain looks a lot younger and more effeminate than Kira...
There was a point where Setsuna had dark hair (randomly...I still dont know why that happened...it was like Kaori Yuki: ::buys new ink pens! plays around with Setsuna's hairdo!:: )where they looked a little similar, but once again, Cain = prettier, though Cain is a lot darker and more twisted than Setsuna ever was.

oooh yeah-
Cains a few wires short of insanity. Set-chan is just too sweet to do anything like Cain. Cain is totally unpredictable.

I don't really see the similarity with Kira and Cain... maybe it's because I know the characters better than I know my friends.

I love Cain, I think Setsuna is a twit, to be honest ^_^;;
Sara annoys me too...go fig...I liked the secondary characters in Angel Sanctuary better, if you ask me, theyre better developed than Setsuna or Sara ever were.

ha ha, Setsuna and Sara are a bit cliche. I was alright with Setsuna though because he seems 'real'. There are people like that. Though I do like Cain a lot better. Earl Cain is my favorite series and Cain would rank very close to the top.  

alicelights

alicelights

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:38 pm
I think that Cain and Kira are very different looks-wise, but when I was reading Ludwig the other night.

A couple of the close ups on Ludwigs eyes, looks similar to Cain. If anything I think theres more in that than Kira and Cain. 3nodding

Does anybody else see the similarty?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:42 pm
I do sorta.  

blackelement09

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:09 pm
alicelights
I think that Cain and Kira are very different looks-wise, but when I was reading Ludwig the other night.

A couple of the close ups on Ludwigs eyes, looks similar to Cain. If anything I think theres more in that than Kira and Cain. 3nodding

Does anybody else see the similarty?

I think its just the drawing style more than any intentional resemblence...
But personality wise, Ludwig has a bit of Cain's privileged aristocratic brattiness in him.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:07 am
blackelement09
I do sorta.

Ah Blackelement09, I see you also like Hyde. 3nodding
As has been mentioned, theres the Jrock connection-  

alicelights

dead.moki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:59 pm
I wouldn't want a Count Cain anime, simply because it could never live up to my expectations. Yes, I'm a bit selfish. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:30 pm
dead.moki
I wouldn't want a Count Cain anime, simply because it could never live up to my expectations. Yes, I'm a bit selfish. whee

No, I agree...its rare than a manga gets a really high quality anime to accompany it...

And to really do justice to the depth and mood and atmosphere of Count Cain...that would be really difficult without a massive budget ^_^;;
Kaori Yuki's manga are really too complex for anime...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

alicelights

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:53 pm
alicelights
I'd like a Live Action better if they had enough money to do it well.
Oh, it's tragic, but in reality we aren't going to get J-rockers for the parts. Besides I don't supose all of them would be able to act.

A while ago I concidered the idea of a Cain live. I'm trying to write a script for a Cain movie. Screenpay on that old story (I think the second volume) of 'Bibi The Branded'. Then I looked for people who look right. I've only got Cain and Merry up here though.

User Image---User Image---User Image

Oh and beat me up if you must but I found a picture of Hugh Grant in the paper a long time ago and thought he might make a good Cain...maybe? I swear there is somthing in the expression!

All pictures were taken from various places around the net and Cain-sama was from a excellent cosplay picture I found ages ago and one image from a newspaper. Oh and from Sakura-Crisis

I think you'd need to cut out a lot of the more gothic elements, though I don't say you'd need to make it light hearted at all!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:50 am
http://www.geocities.com/poison_cain2/

they have the seiyuu...  

[ Hideto ]

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:42 pm
Sai-kun

No, I agree...its rare than a manga gets a really high quality anime to accompany it...

And to really do justice to the depth and mood and atmosphere of Count Cain...that would be really difficult without a massive budget ^_^;;

Yeah, that's true. I think she'd need to spend a lot of money of the atmosphere, which I think is the most important part of her mangas. Sometimes, I can clearly imagine and sometimes feel the atmosphere of her mangas. Dorky, I know.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:30 am
Moonlit Masquerade
Sai-kun

Yeah, that's true. I think she'd need to spend a lot of money of the atmosphere, which I think is the most important part of her mangas. Sometimes, I can clearly imagine and sometimes feel the atmosphere of her mangas. Dorky, I know.

No, I agree :3 I can totally feel the difference between the moods and tones between all her manga...
Also, if Kaori Yuki's manga ever became an anime, I would only want the best for it...I was a bit dissappointed by the OAV, ne...but asides from REALLY huge series like Fruits Basket, Hakusensha/Hana to Yume doesnt seem to be in the anime business as much as Shueisha/Jump Comics is...
Far less of their manga become full length anime...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:29 pm
Sai-kun
No, I agree :3 I can totally feel the difference between the moods and tones between all her manga...
Also, if Kaori Yuki's manga ever became an anime, I would only want the best for it...I was a bit dissappointed by the OAV, ne...but asides from REALLY huge series like Fruits Basket, Hakusensha/Hana to Yume doesnt seem to be in the anime business as much as Shueisha/Jump Comics is...
Far less of their manga become full length anime...

The Angel Sanctuary OVA was disappointing! I was really upset with it. I'm kind of glad that she stopped doing the rest.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:41 pm
if they did make a Count Cain anime(which i would enjoy very much) then they'd have to have like EVERYTHING in it, and not cut off characters like they did for Angel Sanctuary. (My two favorite characters, Zaphikiel and Raziel, were cut off from the anime!!! =._/.=)  

Tsukasa_Yuki

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:06 pm
Tsukasa_Yuki
if they did make a Count Cain anime(which i would enjoy very much) then they'd have to have like EVERYTHING in it, and not cut off characters like they did for Angel Sanctuary. (My two favorite characters, Zaphikiel and Raziel, were cut off from the anime!!! =._/.=)

Their inclusion in the OAV would probably have muddled the plot line even more since they incorporate more questions than answers.
THe OAV, being only three self-contained eps probably couldnt conceivably answer the questions their appearance would have created since they are really only in the Assiah arc of the manga for a couple of pages initially.
The Ruri and Kirie story line was also too complex to cram into an OAV so they chopped them all out and settled for a super simplified version:
Bad guy appears and wants to bring DOOM! upon Tokyo and harrasses our main character. Bad guy sends his goon to do his dirty work. Climax in tragedy, Resolution in hope with all the white-hat characters banding together. Exunt.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff