Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:48 am
Oh, by all means... RE4 was a major game with an excellent production quality, but there was PLENTY of room for improvement storyline wise. And a lot of unnecessary additions to the gameplay, such as the Merchant, that completely kill the classic Resident Evil atmosphere.

It's not the over the shoulder camera. Dead Aim had over the shoulder Camera. And it still felt like Resident Evil by all means. It's the monsters, the music, and the Merchant.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:09 pm
However, at some points, the music really is creepy and works with a scary atmosphere. Like when I first played last year and made it to nightime. The music was all low and creepy, and then I did all the other stuff, and was going up to the church (didn't see the dogs). It was still low and creepy, and it was storming... and then, the dog pounces me and all this high-pitched stuff plays. I was scared. That is what they needed to implement more in RE4. The Capcom scares, not just "OMFG GONNA DIE" adrenaline scares. xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:25 pm
Most of the music... It wasn't even the music that sucked in RE4, it's the way they used it.
You see an enemy and the music starts and plays until you kill all of the enemies.
Which isn't scary at all. In fact, I said this many times. They need more enemies popping out at you. Like out of a window when you walk by.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Most of the music... It wasn't even the music that sucked in RE4, it's the way they used it.
You see an enemy and the music starts and plays until you kill all of the enemies.
Which isn't scary at all. In fact, I said this many times. They need more enemies popping out at you. Like out of a window when you walk by.

Yeah the music kills all the scare effects in those moments. gonk  

Resident Isaka
Crew

Eclipse of Shadow

Fashionable Genius

4,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:27 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Actually, you're wrong on that part. Resident Evil was one of the first games that defined what the Survival Horror genre was.

Yes, RE4 really boosted Resident Evil's popularity. But if you can't appreciate the older RE games, I wouldn't consider you a true RE fan.
In response to the above rebutals to my post, one, in the context I used my wording I was trying to put across that RE4 re-defined the survival horror genre. Resident Evil, in my oppinion, was the first real survival horror which took some of our worst fears and made us play through them. Though I personally think RE4 is the best of the series it does not mean do I not appreciate any of these games. Though, you used the words billions to describe the amount each game has sold, I believe you were correct. I was much to young to appreciate how many copies of each respective game sold in my youth. Though personally I enjoy psychological scares more than I do suspense ones. Overall in my personal oppinion, Resident Evil 0-3, CV, and the unnameables, are directed towards the horror aspect of the genre. Relying on extreme suspense and shock factor to scare you. Not to mention the idea of death around any corner. I found my favourite part of any game is memorable action. Resident Evil 4, in my oppinion offered more of the survival element than horror. Needless to say I would adjust the genres in which all these games are categorized in. Truely my final deciding factor is camera angles, I'm sorry, but if I can't adjust them and I'm shooting something off screen and can't enjoy the idea I'm owning something, it just really turns me off. I also want give a tip of the hat to Capcom, the graphics is the REmake of RE1 were stunning even today. RE0's graphics did as well, both were released early in the life of the gamecube. And a Wag of the finger to Capcom for REmake2 and 3, they left my jaw open, in confusion. Why fine tune the graphics of one game but not the other two? So in my final words, that I suppose adress my entire post, I like RE4, I think it deserves the higher ratings it received by the proffesional gamer community than the rest of the Resident Evil series.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:06 pm
Like many people said. Resident Evil 4 lost its Survival aspect because it gives too much Ammo.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:18 pm
And too many healing items as well. D:  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:25 pm
And a Merchant and lasers attached to every weapon, excluding the rocket launchers.  

Elliot Salem

yoshimoto_3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:34 pm
i dont think you even think you can get poisoned, the bosses were way too easy, and your enemies use weapons  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:09 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Like many people said. Resident Evil 4 lost its Survival aspect because it gives too much Ammo.

The "AUGH! Must I stab Krauser to death?!" panic attacks were lost on me due to that overabundace.  

MilitantClockwork

A5116278

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:59 am
yoshimoto_3
i dont think you even think you can get poisoned, the bosses were way too easy, and your enemies use weapons

i'll never say this again bit i want to get ******** poisoned  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:32 am
but i dont wnat to get poisoned crying  

THE EBOLA VIRUS!

Rue S Cross

Timid Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:43 pm
Well, I think we can blame this on the same thing that happens to most every long-time game series. Like most games that last more than two or three titles, the designers and programmers wanted to change things up, try and put a new spin to the old and worn out gameplay style. The thing said designers and programmers always overlook is the fact that the only reason something so repetitive as Resident Evil's gameplay sells so well is because people enjoy it that way. So, with luck, they will realize this mistake and, hopefully, fix it back the way it was.

Although, it's more than likely that nothing short of a petition signed by the Earth will change their minds. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:45 pm
It's not that I don't like RE4, it just... doesn't feel like RE too much. To some, that's a good thing (*coughnoobscough*). To me, that's bad. D: It may be good, but it ain't got nothin' on the others. xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:17 pm
I just don't consider it a Resident Evil game.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff