Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
anyone's taking chinese class? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you?
  Good!
  Not Sure...
  (No Comment)
View Results

MyDisneyPrinces

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:58 am
I want to learn it but at my college they have no mandarin classes. I guess I'll have to go elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:36 pm
@yks: haha~ r u born in malaysia?

@MDP: yeah... it's so not fair they don't have chinese course in most colleges...  

[Purely Pure]

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100

Riku Haradaa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:39 pm
i want but i dont and id feel stupid to be the kid thats 15 in like a 5 yr old class  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:16 pm
[Purely Pure]
@yks: haha~ r u born in malaysia?

@MDP: yeah... it's so not fair they don't have chinese course in most colleges...

Yup xd And that's why my chinese is not good even though it's my first language sweatdrop

yks

hami banami

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:14 am
um.. lets see...

i was born in china biggrin i'm shanghai-nese.
so i know manderin & shanghainese.
since i went to the u.s. i kinda forgot how to write a liddo.. but i kno how to read nd speak manderin&shanghainese.

my parents tried to make me go to retarded chinese schools here (cuz chinese school's for ppl who dunt kno how to write nd say stuff )... didnt work xD i juss read chinese to get it all back in my head =]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:16 pm
@Riku: but everyone's like a 5 yr old when they learn a new language~ like me, i feel retarded sitting in my japanese class learing brushstroke and vowels...

@yks: u can always improve by reading chinese novels, that's what i do even when i was still in HK~

@O_O: <-- xd what a funny abbreviation~ anyway, that's what i'm doing to keep my chinese~  

[Purely Pure]

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100

yks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:23 am
[Purely Pure]
@Riku: but everyone's like a 5 yr old when they learn a new language~ like me, i feel retarded sitting in my japanese class learing brushstroke and vowels...

@yks: u can always improve by reading chinese novels, that's what i do even when i was still in HK~

@O_O: <-- xd what a funny abbreviation~ anyway, that's what i'm doing to keep my chinese~

I used to read lotsa chinese science fiction written by the same author. But now I only read it once in a while when I see a new one. I almost finished the series whee But reading doesn't help me to write better. Am suck at writing(in every language I know sweatdrop ). I think I can only write a primary school essay(partly due to my poor imagination) sweatdrop

O_O looks like someone who is astonished eek XD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:31 pm
yks
[Purely Pure]

I used to read lotsa chinese science fiction written by the same author. But now I only read it once in a while when I see a new one. I almost finished the series whee But reading doesn't help me to write better. Am suck at writing(in every language I know sweatdrop ). I think I can only write a primary school essay(partly due to my poor imagination) sweatdrop

what's the series' name? i'm reading "Left Behind" in chinese, my mom asked my aunt to buy the whole series and mailed it here~ yeah, i think writing is the hardest part in learning a language! no wonder we still have to take the class even we are native to the language!  

[Purely Pure]

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100

yks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:37 am
[Purely Pure]
yks
[Purely Pure]

what's the series' name? i'm reading "Left Behind" in chinese, my mom asked my aunt to buy the whole series and mailed it here~ yeah, i think writing is the hardest part in learning a language! no wonder we still have to take the class even we are native to the language!

A series of science fiction+adventure novels with 衛斯理 as the main character. Written by a HK novelist Ni Kuang. He wrote many other books too including some action novels(how do you say wu xia xiao shuo in english anyway xd ) I really like his novels whee

Left Behind... Never heard of it sweatdrop What's it about? Wow! That'll be quite a number of books to mail eek Really, I just can't understand how they come out with those beautiful words. What's the point of having all this when we can express our ideas in a much simpler way? But a paragraph will be dull if it only contains simple sentences sweatdrop Writing is always my weak point crying My life will be easy without this kind of things cry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:53 pm
I used to go to Chinese school on sundays but now I take an SAT class. I speak manderin and understand wuhanese and shanghainese. Also my school doesn't offer Chinese as a language. My school sucks...

。。。。啊呀。。。我不喜欢我的学校。。。1/2 的学生都是笨蛋。。。

I'm serious! They're all stupid except for a few of my friends!  

Luminous Dawn

Blessed Fairy

6,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

[Purely Pure]

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:40 pm
yks
[Purely Pure]
yks
[Purely Pure]

A series of science fiction+adventure novels with 衛斯理 as the main character. Written by a HK novelist Ni Kuang. He wrote many other books too including some action novels(how do you say wu xia xiao shuo in english anyway xd ) I really like his novels whee

Left Behind... Never heard of it sweatdrop What's it about? Wow! That'll be quite a number of books to mail eek Really, I just can't understand how they come out with those beautiful words. What's the point of having all this when we can express our ideas in a much simpler way? But a paragraph will be dull if it only contains simple sentences sweatdrop Writing is always my weak point crying My life will be easy without this kind of things cry

o i borrowed it once from the library~ i'm not a really big fan of science fiction though... my dad is, he loves that novel, that's why i borrowed it in the first place...

Left Behind.... it's a christian novel, people had made movies out of it, talks about the end of the world... i think it's interesting becox everything in it is according to the Bible, and it makes it more realistic~  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:43 pm
lalalahahaha12345
I used to go to Chinese school on sundays but now I take an SAT class. I speak manderin and understand wuhanese and shanghainese. Also my school doesn't offer Chinese as a language. My school sucks...

。。。。啊呀。。。我不喜欢我的学校。。。1/2 的学生都是笨蛋。。。

I'm serious! They're all stupid except for a few of my friends!

that happens to a lot of school, sometimes i just want to throw something at who ever don't get the question even the teacher had repeated numerous times!!! 笨蛋四周都有!!!  

[Purely Pure]

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100

yks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:51 pm
[Purely Pure]
yks
[Purely Pure]
yks
[Purely Pure]

o i borrowed it once from the library~ i'm not a really big fan of science fiction though... my dad is, he loves that novel, that's why i borrowed it in the first place...

Left Behind.... it's a christian novel, people had made movies out of it, talks about the end of the world... i think it's interesting becox everything in it is according to the Bible, and it makes it more realistic~
Your dad likes it? eek Wish my mum likes it too sweatdrop She likes 武侠小说 but I'm not interested in that(too thick XD). The end of the world eek Sounds interesting. Wonder when the day will come, hopefully not when I am still here sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:56 am
yks
[Purely Pure]
yks
[Purely Pure]
yks
[Purely Pure]

Your dad likes it? eek Wish my mum likes it too sweatdrop She likes 武侠小说 but I'm not interested in that(too thick XD). The end of the world eek Sounds interesting. Wonder when the day will come, hopefully not when I am still here sweatdrop

4laugh my parents likes 武侠小说 too~

it doesn't matter anyway, Christians believe that there will be a final judgement that everyone, including the deads, are going to be judged and to be determine if u're going to heaven or hell.  

[Purely Pure]

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100

Tenzin Chodron

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I took an introductory course in University, so I know the basics. 你好! 我姓菩薩, 叫地蔵菩薩. 你认识很高兴, et cetera. My pronunciation still sucks, but I'm getting better. I'd like to get better at it, and perhaps learn Cantonese one day, too. I enjoy learning languages, and I really like the way Mandarin and Cantonese sound, and their written forms are lovely in my opinion.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

地蔵菩薩  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces