Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
dont you hate it when stuff you like becomes mainstreem Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do u
yah let them do wat they want
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
no its annoying
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
peh
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

PieHippie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:27 pm
I HATE it when there are so many posers! I mean, if you like the Beatles, or Led Zepplin, or The Who or any other one of those bands, then it's ok to wear the band shirts, but if you're just doing it to be "in", I think that's stupid. And the same goes for the fake hippies too and anything else!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:29 pm
I hate it that bisexual has become trendy for girls. It makes me look like a poser that I'm dating a girl right now, and no one knows if I mean it or if I'm just doing it to be 'hot'. I dated a girl who claimed to be bisexual, untill I found out she just wanted me to kiss her in public so she looked like a sexy bi girl. I broke up with her pretty quick, because I knew she didn't realy like me much. Sad. I tend to avoid trends as much as possible. I quit wearing my dark side of the moon shirt when every one else started wearing it. I sort of dress like a guy some times, because it's comfy and I like my clothes.  

Accalia-Squirrel

Astrox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:08 am
My question is...

How the hell can someone be raised and not be told who the Beatles are?

I mean unless you live with unbelievably ridged/mormon/jevovah's witness family... Surely, the Beatles must pop up from time to time.

Hell, I have a hard time going to the mall without seeing Beatles memorabilia. Surely these people ask at some point "chee, who are the Beatles?"

Most kids don't know what the ******** they want except to be cool. Whatever's in fashion, is cool. So forgive the little ********. And then raid their closet when the next cool thing comes around.

"authentic" boho girls are hot. Gotta love the ladies with a good eye for secondhand fashions.

"imatation or i-bought-this-piece-of-s**t-that-looks-boho-at-American Eagle Outfitters" boho are not hot.

I don't know if its just me, but I don't find "Bi-*poser*-sexuals" attractive. I want to date someone who knows they like men and doesn't need feel like they need to makeout with other women. Wanna date a woman after you date me? Fine, just don't makeout with women while we're dating.

Thus concludes my all over the place rant.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:41 pm
heh, i know what you mean. my favorite places to shop are thrift shops. theres just sooo much cute things that you wont find on every other person at your school. that is, until they see you wearing it and realize that they shouldnt have thrown it out. lol. that, and its priced awesomly.

i the heart goodwill!  

brittany_3_9_8

Peace Love And Skate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:16 am
Well, I don't have much to worry with David Bowie, Tom Waits, Joy Division, or Depeche Mode ever getting too big. The Smashing Pumpkins had their days, and The Cure still is pretty big. It'll pass eventually. And something new will come along..
But what REALLY bugs me is when they act like hardcore fans of the music, and you ask em questions, and they don't know s**t. There's this kid that moved in, all fit with his green day t-shirt, and his mp3 player full of Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, and The Beatles. And the topic came up of favorite music genres. He said "I mostly like the Indie, Alternative stuff." I asked him if he knew much about the genres, and he said "Well, it's the same thing" and I almost threw up a little. Then I went on a 10 minute rant about the offshoots of alternative rock, and how idiot kids can turn anything into a social label. I've met people who claim to be indie kids. Even independent can be a high school label. ARGH MAN.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:23 am
I'm the opposite.
The more peopel that are interested in the same things I like, the more people I have tot alk about it with. it also means there's more merchandise for me to buy. new zeppelin t shirts, new special edition beatles dvds, new pink floyd posters. i have led zeppelin drum sticks now! those weren't available like 5 years ago. mainstream isn't necessartily bad. especially nto when it comes to classics like these, you can't possibly ruin them.

Also? classic rock never left the mainstream. It's just that when kids are young alot of them feel the need to act young and like new things. If you talk to anyone who was 10 or over in the 90s they'll tell you the classic rock trend was big then too.
It never left the mainstream, you were just too young to know it was there, lol.  

Page Against The Machine

4,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

Lennie the Fish

5,350 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:14 pm
Halle Marseille
gonk Yeah. Luckily for me, people in my school are too caught up with rap to do that with my beloved Beatles. I think I'd die if they did, though. crying I wear Beatles shirts because I love the Beatles, and if I saw people wearing them too just because they think it's cool, I'd have to write a long, long rant. Then find some way to put it over morning announcements. xd

Sadly though, I think they're doing that with Led Zeppelin. crying !! I lurve Led Zeppelin.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! at least i own and actual Sex Pistols album (an ALBUM! ya know the big black disks.) while people wear those shirts just because of the name! Right now at CreekVeiw a ton pof kids are Wearing pink Floyd and Led Zepplin shirts! and they probably never listen to them. And teh Beatles! don't even mention tjem at my school! people will just go"OMG you listen to that junk! Those guys ar all dead.!" then i try to explain that two are ALIVE but they are morons! CURSE YOU MAINSTREAM!!!! it's a pitty im too shy to get togethe rsome good hippie stuff to wear! ONE DAY I WILL! (excuse all typo's for this IS and ALWAYS WILL BE a rant.)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:15 pm
apnea red
I'm the opposite.
The more peopel that are interested in the same things I like, the more people I have tot alk about it with. it also means there's more merchandise for me to buy. new zeppelin t shirts, new special edition beatles dvds, new pink floyd posters. i have led zeppelin drum sticks now! those weren't available like 5 years ago. mainstream isn't necessartily bad. especially nto when it comes to classics like these, you can't possibly ruin them.

Also? classic rock never left the mainstream. It's just that when kids are young alot of them feel the need to act young and like new things. If you talk to anyone who was 10 or over in the 90s they'll tell you the classic rock trend was big then too.
It never left the mainstream, you were just too young to know it was there, lol.

you do have a good point but it just sucks when they wear it just cause it looks cool. try listening to the band people! then maybe you'll truley appreciate it!  

Lennie the Fish

5,350 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

proud_filipino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:12 pm
i dont want to put anyone down but yeah, people get too into what the "populars" are wearing, doing, saying, etc.... stare

i am a BIG fan of the ramones. but i'm too afraid to wear a ramones t shirt to school because they might think im a poser without even getting to know me. ugh. but if they do hit me with some questions. i am more than ready  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:35 pm
The internet is to blame
and the cool hunters on the streets that will find unique cool styles and take pictures or like write it down
then they sell there pictures or notes to big companys
witch end up selling your unique style right back to you

I know a really cool video that enplanes this stuff
and its amazing
type in Merchants Of Cool on youtube  

ADBUSTERS

proud_filipino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:18 am
yeah. luckily my school is moving away from wearing the band shirts but now they show up to school in tie-dye shirts!?not that i think its wrong but how and when did this become a trend?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:22 pm
I do hate that.
Pirates used to be cool, until they came out with that stupid movie.  

Caretaker0

Evil Pie Fairy.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:53 am
i hate it... its happening about everything i love and makes me individual  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:59 am
proud_filipino
i dont want to put anyone down but yeah, people get too into what the "populars" are wearing, doing, saying, etc.... stare

i am a BIG fan of the ramones. but i'm too afraid to wear a ramones t shirt to school because they might think im a poser without even getting to know me. ugh. but if they do hit me with some questions. i am more than ready
Right a short rant....

i discoverd the ramones from a song i love in a film (school of rock XD i fail) so i searched for ages looking through the different songs to find out what it was.... a coupple months down the line and everywhere i look there is ramones stuff and i was like WTF!!!! most of these people dont even know who they are!

end rant ^^ *imagane that being said realy realy quick on one breath*  

Evil Pie Fairy.com

Pirri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:52 am
No. Trying to stop other people from liking something you do smacks of "but I'm a TRUE FAN!" and elitism.  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff