Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Could You Live With a Religious Family for 30 Days? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could you do it?
  Yeah
  No!
  I am already there...
View Results

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:32 am
i already live with a fairly religious family....my gran's the only oe who goes to church tho!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:56 pm
I could survive. The rest of them might not, but that depends on how they act. I managed to spend up until grade 6 in a christian community, and they didn't even know until I got to switch schools. It was fun to say: "Ha! I'm not coming back here next year, and I don't believe in god!" It was fun.

But, for 30 days, if they didn't bother me about my atheism, THEY would survive.  

Uchihas Blood

DaniSeal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:21 pm
Actually, that would be fairly easy for me.. Believe it or not I'm an atheist in love with a Roman Catholic. How it ended up that way I have no idea, but I wouldn't want it any other way. 4laugh And my grandparents are strong christians, really. I don't mind religious people at all unless they're the type that try to convert you 24-7 and then I feel like I'm going to punch them.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:19 am
It's not always so bad. My girlfriend wants to become a Lutheran pastor, but is running into difficulty because of..."us". A lot of the old people are opposed to a female pastor, and even more a lesbian, but she's a really nice girl and they all love her. Does religion MAKE people hard-headed, or are they like that before? Anyway, the religious gap in our relationship causes problems sometimes, but nothing major, and we both support each others choices (even if she is delusional)  

The Abortionater

The Abortionater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:21 pm
Angel_OfDeath
Actually, that would be fairly easy for me.. Believe it or not I'm an atheist in love with a Roman Catholic. How it ended up that way I have no idea, but I wouldn't want it any other way. 4laugh And my grandparents are strong christians, really. I don't mind religious people at all unless they're the type that try to convert you 24-7 and then I feel like I'm going to punch them.
Exactly!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:47 pm
For me, it would depend on the situation. If they prayed a lot and just decorated their house and such, I'd be uncomfortable, but okay with it. If they forced their beliefs on me or were religious-in-a-dangerous-way, then I wouldn't be able to take it at all.  

Meisugi_Jaganshi

ChocoChan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:56 pm
Rofl.
Already there, man, already there.

It's not too bad though, just smile and nod, and look semi-ashamed when proper.....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:08 am
Got to love them Roman Catholics!!

In my opinion the most laid back and indifferent lot out there.

I've seen them in church when I was one. ^-^

Its a big difference when you go to a different sect and everyone is singing, and crying, and preaching.

Catholics are like , "Okay, 5 minutes left...wonder if I should get bagels...."

I don't think religion is a big deal in relationships. Society makes it a big thing. I remember dating a girl who was Muslim, forget about it. I had to duck around that family for fear they would know she was dating a non-muslim.

Everything else about me as a person came second to that.  

Niveous

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:06 pm
My family is all religious, I'm the only odd-ball. It gets interesting when god and stuff comes into the conversation... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:37 pm
I live with a semi-religious family. They believe in God but they don't really talk about it. If I had to live with a REALLY religious family I think I might explode ha. I don't really have a problem with religious people personally, just sometimes when the discussion of God, morals from religions etc.. come up.  

Darth Moe

m a n a `e f e x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:50 pm
I can. The rest of my family is Christian =|  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:44 am
Sure, why not? I would just take it as another learning experience.  

CleverScreenname

sora987

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:37 am
Becka Minato
My family is all religious, I'm the only odd-ball. It gets interesting when god and stuff comes into the conversation... sweatdrop

I'm the same way. I just try to avoid those conversations if I can.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:16 pm
it depends on how religious the family was  

darkwolf possession

darkwolf possession

Sanddru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:24 pm
Live with them?
Sure

Follow their religious rutines and rules?
No

They would simply have to respect that

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas