Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Children-Are YOU Making them? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are YOU Going to have kids?
  Yes (I care about the world)
  No (Too much responsibility/Pain for me)
View Results

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:24 pm
i'm not gonna have a gaia baby.. maybe in real life but not on gaia.. stare  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:47 pm
I wasn't born in China, however my parents were. While I share some of their pride in the family name... I admit when it comes to children, daughter or son, I'll make sure that they don't throw like a girl. smile  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

JunsuXiahKim DBSK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:00 pm
erh... I donno. Interesting question though  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:49 am
SurvivingPyrodoxManiac...
For non readers-

Basically, because you can only have one child. The female population is declining, due to 'abortions'.

(My mom told me it's common to find fetuses on the street)

Families in China are concerned with losing the Family Name you see,

I know i would ;D but i can have as many kids as I damn well please.

Furthermore. It'l be mega hard for CH to <3 and be <3'd In the year 2020 or so if i were to ever return to China. (Likly)

So please, FFS plan to marry and have some kids. And the faster you do it, the less Lolita we'll have.

''China's gender ratio is unbalanced as a result. The trouble is that the men which the custom of selectivity sought to "produce" will have to pay for their privilege by suffering a shortage of brides. And in future that means fewer kids.

Indeed, by 2020, the surplus of Chinese males in their 20s will exceed the entire female population of Taiwan. The gender imbalance will get worse before it gets better; selective abortion is set to increase, not just for second and third births, but also for first births. This will cause social strains. Many young men will have to accept bachelorhood, a condition which often drives men to crime, even suicide and depression. Women on the other hand, will be scarcer, though whether that will lead to an improvement in their current low and often abused status is questionable.

To ensure that it does, anti-discrimination laws and rules on equality and female rights will have to be strengthened. The Chinese authorities could also abandon their policy of one child per family and allow family size to grow. However, without family planning and a proper revolution in recognising the rights of women, that may simply lead back to rapid population growth again.''

WHY DO YOU AND EVERYONE IN CHINA CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THE FAMILY NAME?!
to answer the poll question, i want kids (a girl if i had to choose), but i doubt i'll have any cuz i won't find a man i like. maybe i'll adopt. and i care about the world, but whether or not having kids benefits the world is debatable. having no kids benefits it by not increasing our already high population. i'm sorry if this offends people, but china and other sexist countries like it need to get bombed. women deserve to be treated better than they do, and if china can't appreciate women cuz of the stupid family name issue, then they deserve to die out.

wing_goddess

Quotable Autobiographer

8,550 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200

draven_heart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:54 am
Asking why we care about the family name is like asking 'why do you marry the opposite sex?', its a social thing. Nobody knows why people do it, or care about it, it just is.

And every sexist country should be bombed and die out? Well you can say bye bye to everyone on earth because, every country in this world is sexist. And you know its kind of our fault that men treat women the way they do, because we mothers teach our sons this, and allow them to go on like this.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:29 pm
I'll have one, when the time is right, with the right person... 3nodding  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:52 pm
sorry but i dont live in china. i live in the US and if i did, i would be living in Hong Kong. so i dont know.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:24 pm
You got to have at least a kid in your life, if not, that's a little sad...  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items