Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Gaia Battle System Arena Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Battle Arena Guild
Magic Rings will effect the Class System? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magic Rings?
  Eh, thats old news. - I already saw that.
  Oh, I remember something about this.
  What the? - When did this happen?
  OMFGD! REALY! - THAT AWSOME!
  NO!!!!! I HATE THAT! - ITS NOT WHAT I WANTED!
  Eh... I dont realy care too much.- I just want to finally play the battle system.
View Results

swarf

Tipsy Explorer

9,375 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:59 am
contego

this means your not stuck to one class

Exactly! You'll still be able to style yourself to play a certain roll, but you can try something different if you want.

Quote:
but how much ability do rings give you?
it would suck if it was only one spell or ability

Each ring will have a fairly specific purpose. But, remember that you'll be able to use multiple rings at once to tailor your character to how you want to play.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:49 pm
Tookie_Mookie
SAR101
Rings could be a nice touch but still hopefully they won't be to expensive.

I keep seeing ALOT of rumors and speculations in the FeedBack and GCD threds that a few extremly powerful rings will be around 100 to 300k. eek

But I dont know for sure. Its seems that some rings should cost more then others so that everyone dosent get too powerful too quickly. But even at just 100k, that just too much for me to handle!
gonk
i didn't know that they could eek eek  

[-Dread Lord-]

musicz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:09 pm
so when is this battle going to happen?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:41 pm
musicz
so when is this battle going to happen?
We don't know.  

rgjh8754

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:25 am
[-Dread Lord-]
Tookie_Mookie
SAR101

I keep seeing ALOT of rumors and speculations in the FeedBack and GCD threds that a few extremly powerful rings will be around 100 to 300k. eek

But I dont know for sure. Its seems that some rings should cost more then others so that everyone dosent get too powerful too quickly. But even at just 100k, that just too much for me to handle!
gonk
Well if you re-look at my post you'll see that pretty much that portion was made in speculation, nothing that should be viewed as creditable. sweatdrop There just old rumors now.

But I would love to see any knew kinds of speculations or predictions made on the Rings. Even if there off the wall ideas its still fun to just discuss and debate.
blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:25 am
Tookie_Mookie
[-Dread Lord-]
Tookie_Mookie
SAR101

gonk
Well if you re-look at my post you'll see that pretty much that portion was made in speculation, nothing that should be viewed as creditable. sweatdrop There just old rumors now.

But I would love to see any knew kinds of speculations or predictions made on the Rings. Even if there off the wall ideas its still fun to just discuss and debate.
blaugh
well... rings must not be for sale actualy... it's like buying your strengt... only weak rings can be buyd... strong rings must be found our qeusted for..... this way you dont get the rich people getting an advantage... but the people who play much smile  

Mark_Vernon

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:40 pm
Mark_Vernon
well... rings must not be for sale actualy... it's like buying your strengt... only weak rings can be buyd... strong rings must be found our qeusted for..... this way you dont get the rich people getting an advantage... but the people who play much smile
Well if you can buy weaker Rings then you'd have to be able to buy strong ones as well, or else it wouldn't be fair. Either they cant be sold/ traded at all, or they can.

But think of it this way, if Rings have states that can grow and be sold, some one who's rich is gonna be to busy with making gold they way the normally would do, but the people who play Battle will be to busy playing instead of doing other things that would normally earn them gold. So if some with allot of gold decides that they want to play Battle and they want powerful Rings and high stats quickly, the can always buy them off of someone who's been playing Battle long enough to have those high stats and Rings that have been missing out on making lots of gold. So in then end it evens out.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:03 pm
Tookie_Mookie
Mark_Vernon
Well if you can buy weaker Rings then you'd have to be able to buy strong ones as well, or else it wouldn't be fair. Either they cant be sold/ traded at all, or they can.

But think of it this way, if Rings have states that can grow and be sold, some one who's rich is gonna be to busy with making gold they way the normally would do, but the people who play Battle will be to busy playing instead of doing other things that would normally earn them gold. So if some with allot of gold decides that they want to play Battle and they want powerful Rings and high stats quickly, the can always buy them off of someone who's been playing Battle long enough to have those high stats and Rings that have been missing out on making lots of gold. So in then end it evens out.
3nodding
it's even... your right... but maby you get when you first enter the batle arean the choise of... three starter set's? after that you can buy the other Starterset's too but not more then that. you can buy rings double but that isent raely smart todo. All the other rings. must be found. and can only be traded.... and sold..... bu then it's like you said.... the buy the rings of the porr  

Mark_Vernon

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:28 am
Mark_Vernon
Tookie_Mookie
Mark_Vernon

3nodding
it's even... your right... but maby you get when you first enter the batle arean the choise of... three starter set's? after that you can buy the other Starterset's too but not more then that. you can buy rings double but that isent raely smart todo. All the other rings. must be found. and can only be traded.... and sold..... bu then it's like you said.... the buy the rings of the porr
Well I was just guessing that it could work out that way. But I could be very ...very wrong. >.<

We really wont be able to see what effects will happen till the system is up. But you do bring up a good point about.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:04 am
I've seen arguments against selling rings in the Gaia market, usually something about leveling the playing field for new users. It never works for me. Locking it away from the market only resets the social hierarchy for people who are on Gaia when the BS is released. After that your right back were you started, only with a new sub-hierarchy.  

Brasten
Crew

Aged Informer

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:10 am
Brasten
I've seen arguments against selling rings in the Gaia market, usually something about leveling the playing field for new users. It never works for me. Locking it away from the market only resets the social hierarchy for people who are on Gaia when the BS is released. After that your right back were you started, only with a new sub-hierarchy.
Thats true. The more I think about it, it just seems better to not worry about it till it here. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:01 am
Tookie_Mookie
Brasten
Thats true. The more I think about it, it just seems better to not worry about it till it here. whee
yea... let's yust let it rest till it's there....  

Mark_Vernon

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100

Akuma Kyasuta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:44 pm
Yay magic rings means more custimizable skills  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:46 pm
swarf
contego

this means your not stuck to one class

Exactly! You'll still be able to style yourself to play a certain roll, but you can try something different if you want.

Quote:
but how much ability do rings give you?
it would suck if it was only one spell or ability

Each ring will have a fairly specific purpose. But, remember that you'll be able to use multiple rings at once to tailor your character to how you want to play.See more customizable so now I can be a super pirate ninja ghost thing  

Akuma Kyasuta

The Battle Arena Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces