Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
-Lord of the Rings Subforum Protection Force- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChewySkywalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:15 pm
SYFFER
ChewySkywalker
SYFFER
Gussumaru Kenji
I try not to go off unless the situation above occurs, seriously guys what do you think of the LSPF warning, its simple, polite, and should get the point through.
I think it's very effective but I think that we need to get Vendi's approval to make us an "official" force instead of a bunch of wannabe's like alot of people think.

Or Mitsu, since she is the only mod CURRENTLY online
Sure whatever floats your boat smile

*plays with floating boat*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:25 pm
Have you guys already asked or should I?  

Gussumaru Kenji

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:35 pm
I talked to Vendie last night. She didn't seem to see anything wrong with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:13 pm
Great, we shall stop evil in its tracks! Hm maybe I got a little carried away there.  

Gussumaru Kenji

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:18 pm
Glorfirith Annun
Yes! Now that we have power, shall we abuse it? twisted We can attack helpless gaians and terrorize them for shear pleasure!

Okay, my evil stroke is done for now sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:07 pm
Glorfirith Annun

OH yay!  

ChewySkywalker

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:32 pm
There shouldn't be any problems with the LSPF, since the Final Fantasy forum has had two entire guilds for this kind of thing for a long time. 3nodding

Thanks SYFFER for the spiffy badge, by the way! whee heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:02 pm
Nienna of the Valar
There shouldn't be any problems with the LSPF, since the Final Fantasy forum has had two entire guilds for this kind of thing for a long time. 3nodding

Thanks SYFFER for the spiffy badge, by the way! whee heart
That's good. No problem 3nodding I think I might have some Noldo blood in me.  

SYFFER

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:48 am
Nienna of the Valar
Menegil
Nimby: I love the Rising the Dead one! I cracked up laughing!

Well, time to go sharpen my sword...

Nimby? xd
This is when I kick myself for my stupidity and name confusing.

The necro banner is still cool.

Concerning Badges: Can I make a suggestion? Make golden, bronze and mithril variants of the badge. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:23 pm
Who would get what, would it matter, anyway I did the whole LSPF thing on a really annoying thread yesterday and people have stopped posting like I asked, I hope that lasts.  

Gussumaru Kenji

upwoueruwrwhjl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:37 pm
I want a badge heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:30 pm
A message, warning, and suggestion:

Just because we don't like a thread doesn't mean that the thread poster should be insulted and told off. If the thread has a discussion base then it should be left there. Just posting that "we don't appreciate this thread" is not an effective way to keep the subforum clean, and could, in some cases, start off a flame war. We need to just post our logic on the topic, and maybe that thread poster will start to learn more and eventually become a regular in the subforum, scaring them off won't accomplish this in any way, shape, or form.

And seeing a badge from a Lord of the Rings Subforum Protection Force in their thread would probably scare off quite a few people, especially as an "Official warning" and whatnot follows it.

We don't want to scare people from our subforum. It is not a bad thing to like the movies, and maybe, through our encouragement, these people will read the books. It is not our position to scare people off, or scare off movie lovers (through my understanding) but rather to encourage people to read the stickies, to abide the rules of the subforum, and to be a general contributor to the subforum discussion.

Key word there is encourage, not yell at or tell off.

There is a reason I'm posting this, but I won't point that out specifically. Just for everyone, be careful with who you "warn". Just because it's a thread you don't like doesn't mean that it doesn't belong in the subforum. Keep that in mind. As long as it doesn't break any of the rules, it's fine. Even if you think "oh, well, that could break this rule if you viewed it in this way.." no, it's probably fine, or just leave it be anyways since it's not blatantly rule breaking. Or suggest to the person that it edges on breaking a rule.

Did I get my point across? Good. If that's confusing, it's because I'm high on sugar. Or that my writing skills just suck. Either works.

This isn't against anyone...but yeah. I don't want to see this turn into some elitist thing where we scare all the new subforum posters away because they do something we don't like.  

Zurgi

ChewySkywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:36 pm
Also not directed towards anyone but the group in a whole.

The only way attacking shoudl be condoned is on an I love Legolas post where they mean Orlando Bloom. I don't care how bad a day you are having. You seriously should not attack someone.

EDIT: Gussu if you seriously want to know how bad a day I'm having, look in my sig for something with red writing and a black background.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:38 pm
*looks in Chewy's sig* *decides she is too lazy to look*

I already know what it is, anyways.  

Zurgi

ChewySkywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:43 pm
Zurgi
*looks in Chewy's sig* *decides she is too lazy to look*

I already know what it is, anyways.

And I have a random sig so you really have to wait XD  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]