Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Panic! At The Disco. Is It Emo? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zombie Quaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:10 pm

Don't worry about labeling yourself based on your musical choice. You shouldn't label yourself based on anything, actually. You shouldn't lable yourself period.

Anyway, Panic! is probably pop/techno/punk or something. That's what I'd call them if I cared enough about them. Haha.

domokun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:58 pm
sweatdrop please worry less about lables and what type of music it is and just listen to what you like
its kind of simple...

forsaken_tears

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:59 pm
forsaken_tears
sweatdrop please worry less about lables and what type of music it is and just listen to what you like
its kind of simple...

But then how do we know where to look in music shops?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:11 pm
people usally suck at labling other people... some call me a prep.. and im not..
some call me an emo..they will never know..
some call me a geek.... but thats just my bro..
some call me a metaller(not that word though) and that one im not sure about..  

C--h--i--b--i

Mr. Fascist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:14 pm
Panic! and the rest of the Fueled By Ramen record label for that matter is it's own genre in my eyes. They're lyrics and singing style are so much different from other genres that if I had to I'd say indie-pop, but that just sounds weird. I wouldn't classify them as emo though.

I think these days people get too worried about the dress/exterior rather than the meat of the issue. Most people say "omg panic! wears eyeliner, they're emo!" ... umm... no... check the lyrics and sound.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:15 pm
Chibi-Kun-Chan
people usally suck at labling other people... some call me a prep.. and im not..
some call me an emo..they will never know..
some call me a geek.... but thats just my bro..
some call me a metaller(not that word though) and that one im not sure about..

Look at my metaller definition to see what one is, then you can compare yourself.  

Rellik San
Captain

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:17 pm
Mr. Fascist
Panic! and the rest of the Fueled By Ramen record label for that matter is it's own genre in my eyes. They're lyrics and singing style are so much different from other genres that if I had to I'd say indie-pop, but that just sounds weird. I wouldn't classify them as emo though.

I think these days people get too worried about the dress/exterior rather than the meat of the issue. Most people say "omg panic! wears eyeliner, they're emo!" ... umm... no... check the lyrics and sound.

Simpler then you think, don't complicate the issue, take a deep breath, listen again... oh yeah, they are a boyband.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:44 pm
Rellik San
Simpler then you think, don't complicate the issue, take a deep breath, listen again... oh yeah, they are a boyband.
Or at least the modern equivalent thereof.

talk2hand to fangirls.

Although I gotta say, either I have too much free time on my hands, but I find their lyrics fairly thoughtprovoking when you try to find the "deeper meaning." For all I know they're BSing the whole thing though so *shrug* I gotta say out of all the FbR bands, This Providence is my favorite and I'd have to go with October Fall (havent heard much, but "If We're All Alone, Aren't We In This Together") or the Academy Is for most emo.  

Mr. Fascist

Trolly Troll

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:04 pm
Rellik San
Ok the fact that someone said Panic were extremely goth worries me alot... I mean do people even know what goth is anymore.

I agree. But I have to say, Panic! is most certainly not goth. At all. They are punk-rock actually and slightly emo. I mean, their lyrics and songs all have this rockish tune to it, right? Well, I personally, would still love them if they were even categorized as preppy or goth or something like that. Because to be honest, it doesn't really mater would kind of music you listen to it. It is what you like about it that attracts you to it. I know, sounds corny, but hey. Give me a break.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:21 pm
xXFirewOrkS FLYxO
Rellik San
Ok the fact that someone said Panic were extremely goth worries me alot... I mean do people even know what goth is anymore.

I agree. But I have to say, Panic! is most certainly not goth. At all. They are punk-rock actually and slightly emo. I mean, their lyrics and songs all have this rockish tune to it, right? Well, I personally, would still love them if they were even categorized as preppy or goth or something like that. Because to be honest, it doesn't really mater would kind of music you listen to it. It is what you like about it that attracts you to it. I know, sounds corny, but hey. Give me a break.

They aren't punk rock, Busted were more punk rock then Fall Out Boy. Just because it has guitars, doesn't make it rock.  

Rellik San
Captain

rikaLeshay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:21 pm
naah.you're not a prep because you like panic!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:38 am
rikaLeshay
naah.you're not a prep because you like panic!

You just have lousy taste.

In my opinion

Rellik San
Captain

~!twotics!~

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:51 am
Im not being rude or ant=ything but who the hell would say Panic! are more Goth than emo its so not true :d  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:51 pm
panic at the disco is not an emo band i assure you, however it does not make you preppy. it is more like a pop-rock sorta band. the "typical" preppy music involves usually vanessa carlton, hillary duff, jesse McCartney *which i assure you i dont like any of these singers* and singers like that.
<3

xX_Marth_Lowell_Xx

`Dark Chii

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:06 pm
NO!!!! They are not emo, they are techno rock!  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games