Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
What's your design education? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you...
a graphic design graduate?
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
a graphic design student?
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
studying something else?
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
working in a different field?
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
working in graphic design with no formal education in it?
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
still in highschool?
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 57

thejessjess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:14 pm
i graduated college last may and i have an interview at a bad a** design firm monday! yipee! man i need a job  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:21 pm
thejessjess
i graduated college last may and i have an interview at a bad a** design firm monday! yipee! man i need a job

Wow, I can't wait until I get where you are. biggrin  

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Vocal_Anjel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:29 am
thejessjess

i feel you on that i graduated may 2005 all i can find is temp jobs here and there ... and now im looking for a permanent job  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:21 am
Multi-Media designer. but i'm planning to move over to america/Canada for a higher education ( 3d animation)  

Digipyro

thejessjess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:37 pm
Update from above: I got the job! weeeeee 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:27 am
i want to try everything in graphics  

Altiryoko

Regrets and Romance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:08 pm

Doug nuts and sex.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:57 am
.....I graduated in late December with a BS in Graphics Communication with an Option in Multimedia Development.

.....DO NOT GO TO Minnesota State University Moorhead! Right now the school is divided amongst the colleges and the Art College is being a huge pain in the a**. I wanted to minor in Illustration but because Graphic Comm is considered a technology program they keep giving me the run around, then finally I just lost interest in them.

I'm not actually a design major, but design does fall into almost every aspect of the media so we were taught the basics. My actual specialty is 3d modeling of organic and inorganic models. I'm also fairly good at rigging from scratch and animation. Multimedia also means that I can do audio and video editing as well as very basic programming. While all this sounds great and my list of program experience is rather high, it's been more of hinder to my job hunt than a help. As there are practically no multimedia houses in Minnesota and I can't currently afford to move. xp heart

.....So yeah, 4 year degree and I'm 22. 3nodding heart  

ChimeraNell

godoftherain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:04 pm
Bachelor's in Design, interdisciplinary design.
So, print, product and web.

but, right now i'm in transition because i don't like the program.
So i'll be finishing up and getting a Bachelor in Visual Communication i think. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:56 am
I actually just bought the right to a name and just created the logo for a design and animation firm. Im not saying the name just yet bc I have a partner but you will be hearing about it in Game informer and definitely overtime. YAY  

MeirJ33445

Pikazoid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:51 pm
I don't take classes.
I learned Photoshop by myself and occasionally I read tutorials.
I've been graphic designing since I was about 8 and I'm 11 years old.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:37 am
I don't take classes, either. I'm still 14 xp I plan on doing 3D animations.

Everything I've learned so far [animating with sprites, gimp, photoshop] I learned from... YOUTUBE. 3nodding

Mr Professor Patrick

4ngel5pawn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:04 pm
thejessjess
Update from above: I got the job! weeeeee 4laugh

Congratulations!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:06 pm
I have a BFA in graphic design and photography and a MA in Printing technologies. I currently run my own small business from my home. Angelspawn Design LLC at your service. biggrin  

4ngel5pawn

4ngel5pawn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:13 pm
ChimeraNell
.....I graduated in late December with a BS in Graphics Communication with an Option in Multimedia Development.

.....DO NOT GO TO Minnesota State University Moorhead! Right now the school is divided amongst the colleges and the Art College is being a huge pain in the a**. I wanted to minor in Illustration but because Graphic Comm is considered a technology program they keep giving me the run around, then finally I just lost interest in them.

I'm not actually a design major, but design does fall into almost every aspect of the media so we were taught the basics. My actual specialty is 3d modeling of organic and inorganic models. I'm also fairly good at rigging from scratch and animation. Multimedia also means that I can do audio and video editing as well as very basic programming. While all this sounds great and my list of program experience is rather high, it's been more of hinder to my job hunt than a help. As there are practically no multimedia houses in Minnesota and I can't currently afford to move. xp heart

.....So yeah, 4 year degree and I'm 22. 3nodding heart

I am sorry to say it but if you are trying to work communications or design as a "Good" living, the coasts or Chicago are the best places. I can tell you from experience that Colorado, Nebraska, and Wyoming all still think anyone can set up a good design or communications project and they pay accordingly!

Good luck in your future job hunt exclaim  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces