Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Help! (UPDATE 02.11.05 - Celebi Movie MoveSet REVEALED!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:10 am
Someone on the chat thread (of all places) in the VG Forum said that Ho-Oh should have at least one attack.

Has Ho-oh ever attacked in the move/TV show?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:34 pm
I don't believe Ho-oh was in a movie, and I'm not sure if it has ever attacked....but you could always teach it Sacred Fire, it is a phoenix, after all. :3  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:06 pm
Sui Kune
I don't believe Ho-oh was in a movie, and I'm not sure if it has ever attacked....but you could always teach it Sacred Fire, it is a phoenix, after all. :3
True. Might as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:04 am
Oh yes! Before I forget, the Farfetch'd you get in FR/LG via trade has a Stick attached. But in G/S/C, you can find one by using Thief on a wild Farfetch'd, though it is quite hard to find attached to one. Doesn't mean it's impossible to find, though. :3  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:41 am
Sui Kune
Oh yes! Before I forget, the Farfetch'd you get in FR/LG via trade has a Stick attached. But in G/S/C, you can find one by using Thief on a wild Farfetch'd, though it is quite hard to find attached to one. Doesn't mean it's impossible to find, though. :3
Yeah, I know, that's how I found my second King's Rock before I transfered all my items to the N64 and deleted my game. I wish I had a Stick then. crying

Now if only I can figure out as to why I have 99 +4 Portrait Mails in there.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:59 am
Added

Baby/Egg/Breeder Cup Team Needed for Stadium2 NEW!
Quote:
I just realized that I have no plan as to how to tackle the strangely hard breeder/egg/baby tourniment in Stadium2! I have a pretty good plan for the main PokeCup, which is to take my Red team and battle as far as I can go, but I have no idea was kind of team would work for this tourniment!

Suggestions would be more than appreciated, especially any team set up that will get me through the R2 version of this tourniment.

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:41 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:37 pm
Jishin
Well, I don't know what kind of team you go for, but I've always had killer success with this Pok魯n in the Baby cups ...

Abra@whatever
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Psychic

I usually pair this Pok魯n up with a Water-type and a Ground-type and that generally covers all bases.
And with Abra's special stat, those punches will pack a whallup. Does this Abra moveset work well in the R2 Baby Cup?

BTW, are these mostly TM moves? I'm not familar with Breeding chains.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:00 pm
ZeekSlider
Jishin
Well, I don't know what kind of team you go for, but I've always had killer success with this Pok魯n in the Baby cups ...

Abra@whatever
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Psychic

I usually pair this Pok魯n up with a Water-type and a Ground-type and that generally covers all bases.
And with Abra's special stat, those punches will pack a whallup. Does this Abra moveset work well in the R2 Baby Cup?

Yes, they are. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:11 am
Fox Demon Shippo
ZeekSlider
Jishin

Abra@whatever
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Psychic

Yes, they are. 3nodding
Alright then! That's one! xd *adds pokemon to list*  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:31 am
Don't know about the R2 cup. I only had an N64 briefly, on loan from a friend, so I didn't get to do all of the cool stuff on Stadium. *le sigh*

I'm so disappointed with Colosseum. Baby Cup is one of my favorite ways to play. xp *is a rabid breeder*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:16 pm
Jishin
I'm so disappointed with Colosseum. Baby Cup is one of my favorite ways to play. xp *is a rabid breeder*
It's the hardest cup for me, because I heard in R2, the computer uses a complex series of breeding chains to get, say, a Heal Bell Snubble and a Tyrouge that knows Hi-Jump Kick AND Rapid Spin.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:10 pm
Legendary Beast Help NEW!
Quote:
One of the most annoying things I could remember from G/S/C is how difficult it is to capture the Ledgendary Beasts that run around Johto.

I've read all the FAQs on it, but for some bizzare reason they always end with "If that doesn't work, try again."

Is there a sure fire way to capture them without wasting the only Masterball in the game?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:27 pm
Use a level 39 Pokemon in the front of your party, with a Max Repel. This will keep the other Pokemon away. Wander around until you run into the legendary beasties.

I've always found that Paralysis and Sleep are good ways to go for catching legendary thingies. *shrugs*

If they run away, it's not a big deal. They keep the amount of HP lost. So you just have to be careful not to knock them out. Toss Ultra Balls. Voila.

I caught them all that way.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:41 pm
Is there a fast Pokemon at level 39 (fast like Gingar fast) that knows a sleep move and False Swipe? I'm in love with that move when catching pokemon. 3nodding  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff