Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:19 am
I guess I'm one of the few people who actually like the KKJ anime... I mean, it's no where near as good as the manga (absolutely no angel back story. Which is sad, considering Access Time was my favourite character), but it has it's moments. Like the insane amount of Chiaki bashing. Even if I hated the rest of the show, I think that would have made it worth watching. Don't get me wrong. I love Chiaki to death. But he so deserved most of that...

Of course, I made it a point not to read the manga before watching the anime. I knew how much more I preferred the manga of FMwS to the series, so I figured it was better to watch the anime first.

I have a theory of why they had to change the endings of both so much though. Did you notice how both KKJ and FMwS (I can't speak for her other manga, since I haven't read them) have completely perfect happy endings? The kind that would usually make you want to vomit? Yet Tanemura Arina can pull it off so that you wouldn't want it any other way. This is something special to her that I've only seen in a few other people.

Needless to say, even an adaptation of her works couldn't do it right. Wouldn't be able, perhaps is a better phrase. It's asking the impossible of them. So in a sense, they had to change it. That's just my opinion, however...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:42 pm
Yeah. The happy perfect endings kinda... disappoint me--especially in Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. It was kind of... unfinished (like Kiki's Delivery Service).

I actually like the Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne anime but of course, the manga's better. xd I just won it off of Ebay. This time, I didn't get the bootlegged one (so I'm happy) 3nodding  

Leri
Vice Captain

pocochick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:35 pm
I enjoyed watching FMwS anime, before I read the manga. Yet, after I read and finished the manga, I liked that version better. This always happens! So far, I haven't seen any anime that I liked better than its manga counterpart. That really shows that no one could write the storyline like the original manga-ka!

Currently, I am downloading episode 29 of KKJ. I haven't read the manga version of it yet, but it seems like the same thing will happen once I get my copy in October.

So, I heard that KKJ has an "unfinished" ending? gonk That sadly reminds me of the ending of Frubra. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:56 pm
pocochick
So, I heard that KKJ has an "unfinished" ending? gonk That sadly reminds me of the ending of Frubra. crying

Sort of, but not nearly as much so. It finishes all of the plot beyond going and fighting maou-sama. But the manga finishes up things nicely.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:47 pm
I actually didn't mind the sort of cliffhanger ending for the KKJ anime. If you've read the manga you can pretty much figure out what happens next.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:29 am
Skymeri
Geez, wth is with Chiaki in the anime. o.o;;

Heh. I liked him in the anime. It was just one of those things. He deserved all the abuse he got. xd I loved him, but wouldn't hesitate to whack him up-side the head with a 2x4.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

AnimeChick4DDR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:42 am
Leri
Mm... I didn't like the KKJ ending. It seemed too unfinished neutral

then you would DEFINITELY like the manga better!!

the main difference between the manga and anime of KKJ is that in the anime focuses ONLY on the battle between good and evil. However, in the manga, it is more focused on the character development. like in the anime, we have to wait for the freakin SECOND SEASON for Maron to find out that Chiaki is Sinbad! and then for the whole show (until the end), she didn't trust him at all. however, in the manga, she finds out about him at the gymnastics competition (that's like...in the second volume) and slowly she builds up her trust in him. Also *SORTA SPOILERS AHEAD!!!* at the end of the anime, Maron realizes that she's strong enough to transform into Jeanne without the rosario. in the manga, she realizes that she's strong enough that she can beat all evil just being herself, as Maron. in my opinion, THAT is a better moral than the anime!!

*sigh* if only the anime ACTUALLY followed the manga...it would be SO...MUCH...BETTER... stare  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:34 am
Skymeri
Leri
Skymeri
Isn't Chiaki's hair blue in the manga as well? @_@

nope! 'Tis brown xd ... but Tanemura Arina made one picture of him with blue hair and blue eyes. That's the one with Maron and Miyako and him in panels with crosses.
What about the picture with Yamato, Miyako, Maron, and Chiaki? The background is yellow and each of the characters are in a rectangular/square thing. I'll post the pic when I find it on internet. xD

I think this is the picture your looking for!
User Image  

Little Miss Maria

Little Miss Maria

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:42 am
I agree that the manga of KKJ is musch better than the anime. I've watched about half the anime and read all the books and I defintly have to go with the books. The anime truly reminds me of Sailor Moon, regular girl turns into superheroine to save the world from evil... plagh! xp I wish they wouldn't mess up the story like that. Also, the whole thing between Noin and Maron in the manga never happened in the anime, though I can see why, but that whole part, my heart was thumping like crazy. Though I do have to say that I did love the endings, but wasn't to fond of the openings. I especially loved the second ending, where Maron is wearing all white looking up at the night sky crying. That part made me want to go sit outside under the stars.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:19 am
Uh...After thinking for a long while. I wondered where the hell to stick my strange comment. I'm hoping putting this here would be okay? xd (Scratch that. Nothing's okay with me.)

In the anime of Full Moon wo Sagashite...TAKUTO CAN FEEL HEAT. I think it's in episode 20...and he says "It's so hot. Why don't you turn the air conditioner on?" to Mitsuki. HE FELT IT! The heat! He felt it!~

But Shinigami can't feel heat. ninja Arina said so in the manga.

And the way I figured all of this out was by staring at Neko Takuto at my locker, while getting my stuff for my next classes. whee  

SakuMeiMei

Moggleberry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:09 am
I think I would've liked the Full Moon anime if it had more Nachi-Madoka fluff heart I saw the anime first but I love the manga. I wanna see an ep. or two in english.. I'm curious

Spolier warning, since I'm nice
exclaim
I can't decide still if Mitsuki knowing Eichi was dead, or finding out he was dead is sadder. I think knowing but in the anime when she was crying on his tombstone I was so sad! The voice really sounded so sad!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:11 am
Aisu-Kitsune
DemonHunterNaomi
Other random stuff: In the Full Moon anime, they added some extra stuff that wasn't in the manga, like the Shinigami Handbook and how a half-Shinigami can dissapear if they remember any of their past life.

Actually in the manga Takuto was going to turn into a ghost because he remembered his past (but then Mystia and Sheldon gave their energy and he got a second chance as a human + his voice). I liked the handbook, how the names appeared and everything. 3nodding

I also liked the fact that Meroko had more of a role in the anime. In the manga she was always sad/angry and everything was always about Mitsuki and Takuto (except for the part about her past life as Moe). In the anime she was more happy and energetic. I was happy that she turned into an angel at the end. That gave her more of a purpose in the story. But I'm wondering..did Meroko's feather make Takuto remember? That's what I assumed but I'm not sure. confused

No Mystia and Sheldon used up their powers to give Takuto he's voice back. But he was really just in a coma.

Teh Homicidal Phone

KikyoRin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:53 pm
I dont like how
Full Moon Wo Sagashite
and
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
are both totally different form each other scream
I wish both of the animes were similar to the manga
I just dont like how there arent enough moments *sigh*  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4