Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Chinese Gambling!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:18 pm
I stated getting into the vending trade when I wanted to get the Angel Staffs, which were a donation item. There was no way I could donate real money, so I had to hunt around for a cheap deal. Since then I've done lots of other cheap deals for donation items, snagging a kitty and an angel guitar. Now I've earned myself a handy 16K profit. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:47 am
Damn we Chinese are supposedly filthy rich. stare  

Mysterika

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:48 am
Isn't that a good thing? biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:52 am
Lol I guess so! eek

But we gamble so much. Check out mah jong.

Which reminds me...Mah Jong. Whee, so fun!  

Mysterika

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:26 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
tamcharles
Niphredil Ithilmir
I try, although am not good by any means.. sweatdrop
Like Minielf implied, it takes time. I started out specializing on Hockey and Mummy Masks, only later did I move into Vials (which contrary to popular belief, can be very lucrative in high volume). There are few items you can routinely buy off the vend for 1-10g and resell quickly at 299g 3nodding .

You should do a vend tutorial on Cat's thread.. 3nodding

Thanks but I'm hardly one to write a tutorial. At best, I can pull in 50k/day if I go hardcore on the vend. During the last "artificial inflation"... not the one before the roll-back, but the one caused by people in the EVIL price guide. I made 50k/day for 3 days straight trying to chase the NM Scarf prices. Eventually I made it and paid almost 600k on it... in retrospect I overpaid alot. I didn't really care at the time tho, I just wanted it.

However, out of all the people on my FL, it's Alexi_Jameson (or Kalec to the oldbies) who is the real vend-master. Alexi has been clocked at breaking 1 Million gold in 3 days of vending (in Bekita's contest -- it was regulated and supervised.) He's the only person I know of that has quested for the Halo twice since first joining Gaia and to complete that quest twice. He recently sold off his Halo to a friend.

So while it takes me months to vend/exchange for my OMG and Angela's AFK -- it takes Alexi months to vend/exchange for Halos and Grizzlies.

Speaking of which, now I feel the itch to vend... lol. (I'm at work right now, heh. Might as well get paid to vend right? razz )  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff