July 28! Count Cain! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TK_Miroku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:34 pm
Vampire Ifurita
You know, I had thought the same thing about Cain (that VIZ was doing it all at first, thanks to amazon saying they were releasing it), but obviously they're not. Which is total bull, but what can we say? Its VIZ... I shouldn't expect that much from them (really doesn't like VIZ). And not only do I have a bone to pick with VIZ for not doing the first 5 books they have the nerve, in their Shoujo Beat to mess with Merry's name.... VIZ: Marie Weather.... instead of Merryweather... *hits VIZ*... this has turned into a anti-VIZ rant... *sigh* I just hate the fact that they're doing it. Its gonna take forever....

Damn that is sooo right. I picked up the latest Shoujo Beat, which had the second volume of God Child and read the first few pages and noticed that they changed Merrys name to Marie Weather, how could they do that???????

Also i chose not to buy the magazine cuz i want to have all the Coun Cain books, and if they wont make them all then im not buying anything and sticking with online doewloads. Unless i cant find them, then id have no choice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:19 pm
TK_Miroku
Vampire Ifurita
You know, I had thought the same thing about Cain (that VIZ was doing it all at first, thanks to amazon saying they were releasing it), but obviously they're not. Which is total bull, but what can we say? Its VIZ... I shouldn't expect that much from them (really doesn't like VIZ). And not only do I have a bone to pick with VIZ for not doing the first 5 books they have the nerve, in their Shoujo Beat to mess with Merry's name.... VIZ: Marie Weather.... instead of Merryweather... *hits VIZ*... this has turned into a anti-VIZ rant... *sigh* I just hate the fact that they're doing it. Its gonna take forever....

Damn that is sooo right. I picked up the latest Shoujo Beat, which had the second volume of God Child and read the first few pages and noticed that they changed Merrys name to Marie Weather, how could they do that???????

Also i chose not to buy the magazine cuz i want to have all the Coun Cain books, and if they wont make them all then im not buying anything and sticking with online doewloads. Unless i cant find them, then id have no choice.

The tankoubon will be released shortly :3 maybe they're more cost effective if you dont have Shoujo Beat subscription?
If you can wait that little bit longer!
Or you can always just go get the originals now.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:04 pm
Sai-kun
The tankoubon will be released shortly :3 maybe they're more cost effective if you dont have Shoujo Beat subscription?

This is a really dumb question, but what's a tankoubon?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:43 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
Sai-kun

Nah...its just another very specific Japanese term ^_^;
There's a differentiation between manga and tankoubon...
Most manga in Japan is published as features in manga "phonebook" magazines such as the Shonen Jump and Jump Weekly and Hana to Yume and Cookie and such.
These phonebook magazines come out at regular intervals (varying from a couple of times a year to weekly) and are called a phonebook because each one is often a couple hundred pages thick, comprised of chapters of many manga by many different authors.
These phonebooks will run a featured story until it is over or until it is dropped.
If the story is long enough/popular enough and it usually has to have some popularity for the magazine to continue to run it, the publishing company will compile a couple of those previously serialized chapters into what we know familiarly as the graphic novel...or the tankoubon.

It's a bit of a round about way to define it...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:47 pm
Sai-kun

Nah...its just another very specific Japanese term ^_^;
There's a differentiation between manga and tankoubon...
Most manga in Japan is published as features in manga "phonebook" magazines such as the Shonen Jump and Jump Weekly and Hana to Yume and Cookie and such.
These phonebook magazines come out at regular intervals (varying from a couple of times a year to weekly) and are called a phonebook because each one is often a couple hundred pages thick, comprised of chapters of many manga by many different authors.
These phonebooks will run a featured story until it is over or until it is dropped.
If the story is long enough/popular enough and it usually has to have some popularity for the magazine to continue to run it, the publishing company will compile a couple of those previously serialized chapters into what we know familiarly as the graphic novel...or the tankoubon.

It's a bit of a round about way to define it...

Oh ok! Then I'm guessing that the tankoubons are in Japanese?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:34 am
Moonlit Masquerade

Oh ok! Then I'm guessing that the tankoubons are in Japanese?

I think they'll be in english... perhaps I'm miss interpreting the conversation? confused  

YGOPaladin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:56 pm
In this case, the tankoubon are the official English releases done by Viz :3
Though the Japanese Count Cain tankoubon are completed.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:59 pm
Sai-kun
'

Ah ok. Thanks very much! You too YGOPaladin  

Moonlit Masquerade

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
Sai-kun
'

Ah ok. Thanks very much! You too YGOPaladin
wink  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:13 am
So this is interesting...
If you go to viz.com, you won't find anything about count cain... BUT if you do a search with (viz media llc and cain saga) in the search bar, there is a website made by viz that lists all of the published works of 2005. On that list is count cain volume one (july, 5th, 2005) and count cain volume two (august 3rd, 2005) but if you click on those to go buy them, they have NOT been published yet. Interesting.......
here's the link.
http://www.books-by-isbn.com/1-59116/

confused  

YGOPaladin

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:27 pm
YGOPaladin
So this is interesting...
If you go to viz.com, you won't find anything about count cain... BUT if you do a search with (viz media llc and cain saga) in the search bar, there is a website made by viz that lists all of the published works of 2005. On that list is count cain volume one (july, 5th, 2005) and count cain volume two (august 3rd, 2005) but if you click on those to go buy them, they have NOT been published yet. Interesting.......
here's the link.
http://www.books-by-isbn.com/1-59116/

confused

Yeah, it's pretty messed up. I've found on Amazon that they said Count Cain volumns are published and so are two of God Child are also published, but they don't have a cover for it! And on the viz website, as you've said, they don't mention anything about it. It's so weird! Which is why, I know I've said this about 500 times, I'll be buying Tonkam's Count Cain and God Child.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:36 pm
Ohhh I thought Count Cain ended already >>  

The Poison

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:45 pm
Mr. Genius

It did..I'm just waiting for it to be finished being translated in French. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:42 pm
Mr. Genius

In Japan it did...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

The Poison