Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*^The Knowledge Box^*~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:02 am
CrimsnHawk
t0shi0
Teh Vampy
Niphredil Ithilmir
Guys.. I don't think anyone here's gonna take it seriously.. although it probably would be a good idea to stop it..

I can post some receipes here, butbut...oh well. gonk

Food? Yay!
@CH: I was joking ya know... Cat's right, some retarded kid can try it and kill themselves (why's everone looking at me?).
@Yalie and CH: Stop the qoutes >.<

Fine fine fine..even though i know that it's all perfectly safe as i have tried alot of things withing the book!! and as far as you know im alive.

how are we sure of that? 0.o
@t0shi0: because you fit the description? lol jkz rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:59 pm
Since a great number of people have asked on how to enable the Chinese Character Input function that's built into Windows XP, I'll post a comprehensive step-by-step tutorial right here.

What you need: Windows XP installation disk, your computer (duh)

Step 1: Insert Windows XP installation disk into your CD-ROM

Step 2: Click on the Start Menu
User Image

Step 3: Click on Control Panel
User Image

Step 4: Click on Regional and Language Options once the Control Panel opens
User Image

Step 5: Now you should see a dialogue box, click on the Languages Tab
User Image

Step 6: Make sure that you check the "Install Files For East Asian Languages" box, then click "Ok" for the dialogue box that pops up. Then click "Apply"
Now your computer should be installing the new language files. This takes up aroud 250 MB of your hard drive space, make sure you have enough.
I think after it installs it requires you to restart your computer (not sure), but if it does, restart. Then folow steps 1-4 again and click on the Languages Tab, so you're at the screen in Step 5.

Step 7: Now check to make sure that your "Install Files for East Asian Languages" box is really checked, and then click on "Details" button, it should bring up this window:
User Image

Step 8: Click on "Add..." button, it should bring up this window:
User Image

Step 9: Select "Chinese (PRC)" for Input Language, and the Keyboard layout/IME should be automatically set to "Chinese (simplified) - US Keyboard", if it's not, set it to that.
User Image
Now click "Ok".

Step 10: Now you should be seeing the following screen:
User Image

Step 11: Click on the "Key Settings..." button, and it should bring up this box:
User Image
Check to make sure that the "Switch between input languages" action is set to "Left Alt + Shift", it should be. Then click "Ok".

Step 12: Now click "Ok" for all your dialogue boxes so you close them all.
Warning: Do NOT click cancel, as this will ruin all the previous steps!
Now in your menu bar, you should see the following:
User Image

Step 13: If you press left-Alt and Shift together, the little "EN" should change to "CH"
User Image

Step 14: Now you can input Chinese characters by typing piyin!
User Image

Enjoy! If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, or just PM me directly. 3nodding  

Cat-Whiskers

Zafkiel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:04 pm
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :D  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:12 pm
For the installing new language, it said that like... you had to insert the Windows XP CD. But I dun have it. T_T  

Zafkiel

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:51 pm
Zafkiel
For the installing new language, it said that like... you had to insert the Windows XP CD. But I dun have it. T_T

You would have to borrow the disk from someone then 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:11 pm
Cat-Whiskers
Zafkiel

You would have to borrow the disk from someone then 3nodding
Alrighty. ^-^ Thanks.  

Zafkiel

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:04 pm
now can i post more anarchy? i mean every1 here is at least 13years of age and cant really be considerd a kid.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:52 pm
CrimsnHawk
now can i post more anarchy? i mean every1 here is at least 13years of age and cant really be considerd a kid.

I think thirteen is still far too young to be messing with that stuff.  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:37 pm
i messed with the first book when i was 12!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:42 am
there are 10 yr olds in the guild. stare  

yalie5

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:12 pm
yalie5

She right, the ICU ages range from 10-32.. I think it's 32...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:04 pm
Do not post anymore from Anarchy cook book.

TOS
1. upload, post, email, graphically portray, or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racist or otherwise objectionable.

The Anarchy cook book is ilegal in certain countries.
The material within it is dangerous and there shouldn't be a reason to have the book even. Violence is nice to joke about at times but when other people's lives are at stake its not funny anymore.

For those familar with the Columbia high school shooting in the 90's. The two kids used information from a website to create explosives and planted them under cars in the school parking lot. Fourtantly the bombs did not detinate.

Posts quoting the cook book has been deleted just for the safety of others. To keep it fair this thread will not be locked but will be locked if there are further violations. sad Sorry.
3nodding

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:58 am
Darkaznstargoddess
Do not post anymore from Anarchy cook book.

TOS
1. upload, post, email, graphically portray, or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racist or otherwise objectionable.

The Anarchy cook book is ilegal in certain countries.
The material within it is dangerous and there shouldn't be a reason to have the book even. Violence is nice to joke about at times but when other people's lives are at stake its not funny anymore.

For those familar with the Columbia high school shooting in the 90's. The two kids used information from a website to create explosives and planted them under cars in the school parking lot. Fourtantly the bombs did not detinate.

Posts quoting the cook book has been deleted just for the safety of others. To keep it fair this thread will not be locked but will be locked if there are further violations. sad Sorry.
3nodding

Understood. ALTHOUGH THE BOOK DOSE HAVE WARNINGS ON and although it's not a real book.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:00 am
t0shi0
yalie5

She right, the ICU ages range from 10-32.. I think it's 32...

Whos 10? come on own up! biggrin  

Flammable Bait

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:32 am
I never found the user that was 10 o_O''
But I found some 11 and 12 year olds that proves my point..

tropical_goddess
i'm 12

Suki_Sama
12 sweatdrop

sumazngur1
im 11 er pretty young i guess.

lilshychinkgurl
im 12 im pretty young

Would've been easier if Yalie and Cat didn't make that much off topic posts. stare  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff