Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Mild to high flaming of atheist Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harvested Sorrow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:04 am
cup_noodles
Aufstandkind
I wouldn't take it seriously. It seems that Christians are forgetting that the message of their messiah was kindness and tolerance of others. It seems Jesus, if he existed (I think he did, but many don't) would be rolling in his grave after seeing what people have made of his words.

In the guild I moderate someone said something to the effect of "I wonder if Steve Irwin was a Christian" and an Athiestic girl replied that Athiests can love animals, too. He replied with "Well, most Athiests seem only to care about themselves". Frankly, it was offensive. At least he was intelligent and open to discussion, later apologising.

The supposed teachings of Chistianty is "love thy neighbor(sp?)" But as far as I can tell it's come down to "love thy Christain neighbor".

That was exactly what it was intended to mean. Or, if you wish to get technical, love your Jewish neighbor.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:17 am
I was attacked with the fundamentalist grenade (which I have to dodge basically every day) last week by someone who kept telling me I was going to hell. So, like the wretched heathen I am, I told her that she might be going to Tartarus for refusing to worship the Greek gods. And here's her reply, verbatim:

Quote:
Yeah, like there's anything in the Bible about that.

eek

I pretty much knew at that point that arguing was useless. Somehow, religious people just can't be bothered to consider life without their particular deity running things. Personally, I'd rather worship David Letterman than Yahweh; at least you can see Dave.  

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

Super Ivan Drago

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:17 am
Semper Fiasco
Personally, I'd rather worship David Letterman than Yahweh; at least you can see Dave.

Not to mention Letterman has better comedic timing (although the book of Revelation did have some good absurdest humor and the 10 plagues of Egypt in Exodus did offer some good party gags.) Also, Letterman has more competent people sitting at his right hand.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:56 pm
I've never been flamed for my atheism
And I've never flamed a person for their religion

I only draw the line at crazed self-made preachers and people who go door to door with pamphlets  

darkwolf possession

darkwolf possession

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas