Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What Pisses You Off Today? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feeling on Ann Coulter.....
  Die....NOW!
  Ok person
  I adore Ann Coulter. (Can you really say that with a strait face?)
View Results

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:52 pm
pen0r!

... >.>;; I'm angry at my money. It keeps going away and I don't understand why! crying Its not like I spend it all the time... Mostly. *sniffle* If only money grew on trees.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:20 pm
Wow...what the hell did I miss?

All I can say is that I do not go to bed with "Faith" that the sun will rise come the next day. I know it will come because I have a basic understanding of the Solar System. The sun is going to rise. Every day it will rise, and the time that comes when it will stop rising will be beyond my life-time.

That how I try to approach it when it comes to the belief or disbelief in a god or deity. People have faith that when they die there will be a heaven, and a hell. People have a faith there will be a judgement, and that there is a god, and that there is an afterlife.

The difference between going to sleep assuming the sun will rise the next day and slipping into death assuming there is an afterlife is that only one of these is based in reality, and based on tangible evidence.

So in that respect many people in the absense of tangible evidence of a god, an afterlife, souls, heavens, and hells choose to decide that these things simply are not real. They are figments of the imagination that have no basis in reality.

All atheists have a different stance. Some are weak on it, and others arn't. It is no reason to argue though. I do not have "Faith" in the idea of there being no god. I am convinced based on my own research, and my knowledge of the world around me that there isn't one.

Now the next person might be different. That is no reason to get in a debate, to feel ill feelings, or get hissy.

For that matter there are those out there unwilling to let go of their belief in a god or group of gods. I don't always understand why they need something like that in thier lives, but so long as they can be open-minded and tolerate me, I'll be as friendly in return.

In order to get people to tolerate you, you must be tolerant back. That goes for Christians, and Atheists. Let me make that more broad. That goes for Weeaboos, Furries, Goths, Emos, Theists, and Atheists. You don't know how foolish it looks to rant and rave online about how "******** up furries are" based on your own ignorance/lack of knowledge, and then turn around to create an entire thread whining about how "Not all people into anime are Weeaboos", and spend the entire thread trying to convince others such. Do you see the irony there?

I know of many on all sides who cry about not being "Tolerated". Well, as is said in my profile, respect is earned, not given. You want respect, and you want tolerance, and then you want to to be disrespectful and intolerant. Well you cannot have the former, and act the latter because life doesn't work that way.

To gain respect you must first be respectful. To gain tolerance you must first be tolerant. Every person who reads this chew on that bit of bolded text. Otherwise you'll end up like that b***h in the GD who tried to flame me, but had no choice but to back down when I exposed her own little bit of hypocrisy.

The only thing that rubs me as bad as a person who abuses animals, is a person who verbally harrasses, assaults, demeans, flames, or pokes fun at groups of people simply for being different, or for having different interests. I may believe in one less god than a theist, but that doesn't stop me from getting along with them.

Sanguvixen

The Candy Store Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Sangu, I love that stip and your sig, Danaeism razz . My personal favorite was the corrporate takeover of santa. rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:28 pm
c a u s t i c
||_______________________

• I'd go on the animal tangent too, but that'd be a good separate topic and I already have a very good tangent in store :0 Maybe I'll make one later but sangu would probably do better since I know she has lots more to say on it if she feels like starting one xDD

And yeah. Religion or not, war= very human. Not just religious. It's the people and the people's aims not just the supposed religious aims. You can't separate and say the religion is the fault. The reasons are tied to more than the religion even if it seems like that's it. Erm >.< I guess I mean that in order for religion to be gone humanity would have to be different, not all people who are religious are 'bad' so it's not just the element of religion at play. And if they were to also avoid war then there would have to be other changes too. I dunno how to phrase it. But it's not just religion when we created religion.
_______________________||

Many vegetarains I have spoken with have a very small scope of the world. That in it'self (Along with PETA) pisses me off. The benefits of animal based products and the effects of such on every person's day to day life is very dramatic.

It has many feelers that extend to different parts of our lives as human beings, and other feelers that extend to the well-being of our planet when it comes to correcting our mistakes towards the environment and the wild-life within it.

If every human being were to become a vegatarain, and no more animals were killed for our consumption many wild animals would die, or go extinct. Many of our pets would no longer be pets because we would not have the necessary things to feed them.

PETA doesn't understand that because of what humanity has done to Earth, there is no turning back as far as being partial meat eaters, and killing animals for survival go. If they get thier way it will be the extinction of humanity, and the extinction of many wild-animals.

Maybe one day when I care to look for links and stuff to cite my sources I'll create a thread here in the GAU outlining the problem with all humans becoming vegetarains...but not today, and probably not this week.

Sanguvixen

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:32 pm
The Martyr Of Intellect
Sangu, I love that stip and your sig, Danaeism razz . My personal favorite was the corrporate takeover of santa. rofl

Thanks...you can actually read that? I clipped it out of the newspaper and took a picture. My signature is randomized now...there is no telling what will pop up down there.

It does piss me off how dodgy tektek could be. I created an account just to make a randomized signature, but I couldn't delete the default picture until the day before yesterday. Then of course it took forever to recognize changes.

My math Teacher in College likes to say "Math is our friend, and Technology is wonderful." Well...Technology is only wonderful when it works properly! stressed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:35 pm
Sanguvixen
The Martyr Of Intellect

Thanks...you can actually read that?

(Yea xp )

My math Teacher in College likes to say "Math is our friend, and Technology is wonderful." Well...Technology is only wonderful when it works properly! stressed

If and only if, never let someone try to update your computer btw the historyof my vaio is a tradgic one, and quite frankly and on topic, it pisses me off rofl  

The Candy Store Massacre

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:41 pm
The Martyr Of Intellect
Sanguvixen
The Martyr Of Intellect

Thanks...you can actually read that?

(Yea xp )

If and only if, never let someone try to update your computer btw the historyof my vaio is a tradgic one, and quite frankly and on topic, it pisses me off rofl

I know enough about that. The only good time to update a computer is when you first get it and it has an old version of whatever. Mine had this really crappy Windows ME...so we had it updated before ever beginning to use the computer.

ME gave us too many headaches, so save yourself the trouble and never ever use Windows ME.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:47 pm
Nah I got WXP, and we had a good 108 wireless like 10 feet from the comp, everything was so smooth! Then it broke, so we got a new thing, well my dad not wanting to spend the extra 10.00 bought the wireless with the direct cable option...on a computer he didn't know, that couldn't use regular cable, so my internet speed was halfed. Then he decides to update it one day, new mcafee stuff, defrag, new zonealarm, the works. Much to my dismay, it near instantly slowed down my computer, made things harder to use, and more. Get the fun part, I'm the only one that uses the computer, and when i asked him why he updated it, he said becuase it was required and the computer needed it... I was then stupid enough to tell him that it's "needed" updates for over a year now. crying Stupid password..can't get on without freaking asking them anymore.  

The Candy Store Massacre

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:50 pm
The Martyr Of Intellect
Nah I got WXP, and we had a good 108 wireless like 10 feet from the comp, everything was so smooth! Then it broke, so we got a new thing, well my dad not wanting to spend the extra 10.00 bought the wireless with the direct cable option...on a computer he didn't know, that couldn't use regular cable, so my internet speed was halfed. Then he decides to update it one day, new mcafee stuff, defrag, new zonealarm, the works. Much to my dismay, it near instantly slowed down my computer, made things harder to use, and more. Get the fun part, I'm the only one that uses the computer, and when i asked him why he updated it, he said becuase it was required and the computer needed it... I was then stupid enough to tell him that it's "needed" updates for over a year now. crying Stupid password..can't get on without freaking asking them anymore.

Good friends don't let friends use Macafee. Get Zone-Alarm...the full suite and save yourself the headache of one program trying to kill the other program.

Oh wow...that was a headache. We tried to let one part of ZoneAlarm take care of a few things, and one part of Macafee take care of the others. Well the two things wouldn't get along, so we cut M and upgraded Z to the full package.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:55 pm
We have ours working together lol, that's not really the problem. What i'm really hoping is that my dad doesn't deside to buy a Vista. eek *scared lol *  

The Candy Store Massacre

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:12 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
On a related note, those who don't believe in an internet-based teenage romance can bite my hind quarters. Period.

I'll second that.

Just ignore them. A lot of people meet online these days.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:14 pm
Lethkhar
Tenth Speed Writer
On a related note, those who don't believe in an internet-based teenage romance can bite my hind quarters. Period.

I'll second that.

I'll stay quite about that because my views will probably conflict with both of yours.

On a side note...I've seen your signature picture before Lethkhar! I saw it in the JINYS. It's an interesting picture. If only thiests did not get so heavily offended by it.

Sanguvixen

+Gloria Domini+

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:31 pm
Sanguvixen
On a side note...I've seen your signature picture before Lethkhar! I saw it in the JINYS. It's an interesting picture. If only thiests did not get so heavily offended by it.
Back to the ages of power, it's time for us to learn
One day it's far too late, too late for a return

I actually happen to find it quite humorous.

Arise from the cower, from the day on we have learned
It's high time to break the spell, that's chaining up the world

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:36 pm
Isn't it from a Rush album?  

The Candy Store Massacre

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:12 pm
Sanguvixen
Lethkhar
Tenth Speed Writer

I'll second that.

I'll stay quite about that because my views will probably conflict with both of yours.

Actually, I found it on this guild. I love it.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff