Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
~*Official Anime/Manga/Etc. Thread.*~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Japanese Entertainment Media!
  I like it.
  I love it.
  I want some more of it.
  I try so hard, I can't rise above it.
  Dont know what it is 'bout that little gals lovin,
  But I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.
View Results

banryuu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:36 pm
Dathu
banryuu
cup_noodles

Thats not sad at all CCS is actualy really cute. 4laugh I cosplay as Yuuko from xXxHolic (though not too well) crying

I love it. xXxHolic is almost opposit of Tsubasa even though they entertwine. Tsubasa is an adveture with deeper meanings but xXxHolic is mainly deeper meanings with a side of adventure. heart The things they both have in common other then Yuuko which the adventures wouldn't happen with out. Is the deeper workings of the world (and alturnit worlds) and sacrifice aka payment.

My ex-girlfriend got me to watch the first season of CCR in the original Japanese [note: some episodes were cut in the english version and characterizations changed]. I wasn't minding at first, though I was surprised by the amount of homosexual themes for such a young target audience, but hey, gotta learn sometime, right. When I said "No more" was when the young male teacher revealed he had a thing for his 9 or 10 year old student. That was it for me. The one thing I really don't like about Japanese morals is their acceptance of *****. That's just where I draw the line.

Where do you think the term "Lolita Complex" comes from?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:34 pm
I just finished reading my first Bleach manga...and OMG, I love it! Bleach freakin' rocks! xd  

Becka Minato

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:05 am
banryuu
Dathu
banryuu
cup_noodles

Thats not sad at all CCS is actualy really cute. 4laugh I cosplay as Yuuko from xXxHolic (though not too well) crying

I love it. xXxHolic is almost opposit of Tsubasa even though they entertwine. Tsubasa is an adveture with deeper meanings but xXxHolic is mainly deeper meanings with a side of adventure. heart The things they both have in common other then Yuuko which the adventures wouldn't happen with out. Is the deeper workings of the world (and alturnit worlds) and sacrifice aka payment.

My ex-girlfriend got me to watch the first season of CCR in the original Japanese [note: some episodes were cut in the english version and characterizations changed]. I wasn't minding at first, though I was surprised by the amount of homosexual themes for such a young target audience, but hey, gotta learn sometime, right. When I said "No more" was when the young male teacher revealed he had a thing for his 9 or 10 year old student. That was it for me. The one thing I really don't like about Japanese morals is their acceptance of *****. That's just where I draw the line.

Where do you think the term "Lolita Complex" comes from?

Oh no, I get it. It's just not my thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:06 am
Becka Minato
I just finished reading my first Bleach manga...and OMG, I love it! Bleach freakin' rocks! xd

o.o;;
Oh.. My.. God..
I LOVE YOU!!
gonk
I saw Bleach in anime club one day, and I fell in love!
gonk

Yami_Ichi

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:04 pm
Yami_Ichi
Becka Minato

o.o;;
Oh.. My.. God..
I LOVE YOU!!
gonk
I saw Bleach in anime club one day, and I fell in love!
gonk
I've seen the show once on Adult Swim, and it rocked too! I love Bleach, the plot is awesome, and the characters are so wicked cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:34 pm
I like the Bleach manga. But even that's going downhill for me.
The plot has become too repetitive.

cup_noodles

Yami_Ichi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:18 pm
cup_noodles

I lurve your siggy.
    whee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:37 pm
cup_noodles

I fully agree. That and the english dubbing was awful. If your going to watch it at all watch it in japanese.  

banryuu

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:32 pm
I like the english. I'm not to picky about anime, as long as I can understand whats going on and the characters aren't totally retarded, then I like it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:36 pm
Becka Minato
I like the english. I'm not to picky about anime, as long as I can understand whats going on and the characters aren't totally retarded, then I like it. ^_^

My list of animes go on for quite some time... but I do hate overly repeditive shows with too much fan service and too little charcter depth. (I'll make alot of enemies here but). Love Hina. Ai Yori Aoshi (loved it till six chicks lived in the same house as one guy and even the LITTLE girl had a crush on him. Ewww). Battle Vixins. Cutety Honey. and anything with more pantie shots then plot.

Okay so I'm rambling. I'm picky in many ways.
(Henti Gave me NIGHTMARES!)

*Shivers*  

banryuu

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:36 pm
I know the series is kind of old, by todays standards anyway, but I am a huge fan of the Slayers TV series. Not so much the oav's, but that's because they had a new voice actor for Lina. Anyone watched all three seasons?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:59 am
What makes an anime stick out to me is good character design and a unique story. I dont want to hear about some girl with big boobs in highschool, hell, I'm in highschool myself and its nothing special. I want to see stories of characters in other worlds, with monsters and magic. Something that I cant just walk outside and see.  

Becka Minato

banryuu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:34 pm
Dathu
I know the series is kind of old, by todays standards anyway, but I am a huge fan of the Slayers TV series. Not so much the oav's, but that's because they had a new voice actor for Lina. Anyone watched all three seasons?

Slayers is a classic! I've seen it all. (Naga from the OVA annoyes me)

I have all three seasons the first in VHS the second I borrowed from a guy then he moved away (SCORE!) The Third in the DVD box set. The second was my all time fav. I've been told I'm a Xellos. "Now thats a secret." Him and Zelgaes are my favs Lina is Cool, Goury is cool till he speaks... and Amilia gets on my nerves. The Bad guys were bad a** till the third season then they got a bit corny and the dragon drama got old. Oh well just me being picky again.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:42 pm
Becka Minato
What makes an anime stick out to me is good character design and a unique story. I dont want to hear about some girl with big boobs in highschool, hell, I'm in highschool myself and its nothing special. I want to see stories of characters in other worlds, with monsters and magic. Something that I cant just walk outside and see.

I wish I was farther along in making my anime I think you'd like it out of 11 main characters there is only one human.

The main main person is a Leopard girl (Catrai). Then there is a Vampire (Vamp), Fallen (Angel), a Siren (mermaid/nymph), Elf, Shindao (wolf), twin Shadow girls (assain clan), a Dragon, a Pagan (white magic), and a human.

All of the people are based of my friends exep for the bad guy not a friend persay.  

banryuu

Banana01

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:17 pm
anyone ever watch "blue gender"? it was on adult swim. i think they canceled it crying  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff