Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Arrange marriages Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yalie5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:16 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
hmm... does it count as an arranged marriage cause you had to marry your spouse cause you got knocked up by them?

Nope.
People have the option to get married and raise the child together or unmarried.
They could abort or put the child up for adoption or just ditch the other spouse.

oh okay. then i don't beleive my parents had arranged marriages but maybe my grandparents did.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:35 pm
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
hmm... does it count as an arranged marriage cause you had to marry your spouse cause you got knocked up by them?

Nope.
People have the option to get married and raise the child together or unmarried.
They could abort or put the child up for adoption or just ditch the other spouse.

oh okay. then i don't beleive my parents had arranged marriages but maybe my grandparents did.

Haha, knocked up, became pregnant and therefore had to marry to take care of the child, eh? smile That's not arranged. That's just being responsible.

Arranged marriage is like a blind date, but permanent. lol

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:05 am
wiim
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5

Nope.

Haha, knocked up, became pregnant and therefore had to marry to take care of the child, eh? smile That's not arranged. That's just being responsible.

eh... the knocked up thing is just a theory. though it is becoming more and more plausible. yeah lol. they should have a reality t.v. show on arranged marriages. i'm sure that would cause a bit of a ruckus in the house. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:39 am
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5

Nope.

eh... the knocked up thing is just a theory. though it is becoming more and more plausible. yeah lol. they should have a reality t.v. show on arranged marriages. i'm sure that would cause a bit of a ruckus in the house. xp
I'm pretty sure Fox had a reality show exactly like that. A blind marriage. whee  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:23 am
wiim
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5

Nope.

I'm pretty sure Fox had a reality show exactly like that. A blind marriage. whee

you know there should just be a whole channel for reality shows. there's enough of them to fill up a whole channel.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:40 pm
yalie5
you know there should just be a whole channel for reality shows. there's enough of them to fill up a whole channel.

Wouldn't that channel just suck? I don't mind the occasional reality show, in fact I really like some of them such as wife swap and the apprentice, but watching them all the time would just get plain boring.  

Tokioka

yalie5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:08 pm
Tokioka
yalie5

Wouldn't that channel just suck? I don't mind the occasional reality show, in fact I really like some of them such as wife swap and the apprentice, but watching them all the time would just get plain boring.

yeah. but there are people with no lives who will watch it. and i think reality shows are better than soap operas. has anyone notice that reality shows have become a way for people to get started in the show business world or a last ditch effort to stay in the spot light?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:56 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

yeah. but there are people with no lives who will watch it. and i think reality shows are better than soap operas. has anyone notice that reality shows have become a way for people to get started in the show business world or a last ditch effort to stay in the spot light?

Apart from Paris Hilton from The Simple Life I can't think of anyone else, apart from Sylvester Stallone, who did that boxing show. Ummmm, who else might you be thinking of?  

Tokioka

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:01 pm
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5

Apart from Paris Hilton from The Simple Life I can't think of anyone else, apart from Sylvester Stallone, who did that boxing show. Ummmm, who else might you be thinking of?

Like the guy from the bachelor, some people on american idol, ivana trump, that's all i can think of for now. oh wait isn't tlc coming up with a new reality series?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:06 am
I don't like arrange marriages since I think that it'll be fun to have a love story of my own instead of marrying a stranger. And I think that 18 is toooo young to marry, especially in Chinese age.  

mermaidmelody33

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:35 am
-off topic-
You (MermaidMelody) are the 20,000th posters. o_O

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:04 pm
t0shi0
-off topic-

how did you know that? did you count all the post?!  

yalie5

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:09 pm
yalie5
t0shi0
-off topic-

Haha, no, I'm not that bored. When I went to my guilds it said 20000 posts for ICU so I decided to come and see who it was.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:13 pm
t0shi0
yalie5
t0shi0
-off topic-

Haha, no, I'm not that bored. When I went to my guilds it said 20000 posts for ICU so I decided to come and see who it was.

oh. lol.  

yalie5

mermaidmelody33

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:42 am
t0shi0
-off topic-

Really? Cool wink whee heart heart  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff