Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
---Chinese/Asian Superstition----- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

believe?
  yes
  no
  some
View Results

KagomeSohma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:15 pm
- Jade is good luck

- Do not get a jade necklace wet (the luck will be gone)

- Do not let anyone else touch the jade necklace except your mom or dad (the luck will be gone but I think theres a way to reverse it)

Uh that's all I know, correct me if Im wrong, which I probably am xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:42 pm
Haha Idk if it's right or not but as I was reading that it's all about jade. xDD
I know in Hong Kong people like jade.. Idk y.

[.Mihiko-chan.]

berryscary1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:09 pm
Kodocha579
i dont believe in superstitions at all.

I'll take my chances with anything. and i think 13 is a lucky number and yeaaa.
isn't that itself kind of a superstition even though it's a good thing?I'm not sure of the defenition though. question  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:08 pm
[.Mihiko-chan.]
Haha Idk if it's right or not but as I was reading that it's all about jade. xDD
jade is suppose to be lucky and it's pretty. The green color is relaxing dont you think biggrin

@kagome: er... if letting people touch my jade necklace and getting wet makes the luck go away I must have no luck at all in my jade necklace rofl  

mymiridon

t o x i c l i p s t i c k

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:58 pm
beauty marks that form a diamond shape on your face means that you'll become insanely famous or rich......and it's funny b/c my uncle told me that I have the diamond on my face. xP

......and sleeping on the floor/ground is bad. -_-
who knows if you're sleeping right above a dead person's grave........b/c they might grab your soul, eat it, and then use your body to be reincarnated.

or something like that.........
there's plenty more.
but most of them are Vietnamese superstitions and then always have something to do with the dead.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:10 pm
Er...
Don't mention death on a b-day
I'm not sure about that one..I've heard it before though..  

mewonthefreeway

KagomeSohma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:09 am
mymiridon
[.Mihiko-chan.]
jade is suppose to be lucky and it's pretty. The green color is relaxing dont you think biggrin

@kagome: er... if letting people touch my jade necklace and getting wet makes the luck go away I must have no luck at all in my jade necklace rofl
lol well that's just what my mom told me, a fat lady would ask my mom if I got it wet and the fat lady would tell her daughter not to touch it too so I donno. A tour guide in Guilin said not to let people touch it either. I don't remember her saying anything about it getting wet. Oh well, if it has no luck it still looks pretty sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:57 am
If you give someone a clock it means death. Well... something like that.
And when you eat your rice and have some grains left over that's how many pimples you'll get or that's how ugly your boyfriend will be or whatever... xp

` E G G !

mymiridon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:54 pm
KagomeSohma
mymiridon
[.Mihiko-chan.]

lol well that's just what my mom told me, a fat lady would ask my mom if I got it wet and the fat lady would tell her daughter not to touch it too so I donno. A tour guide in Guilin said not to let people touch it either. I don't remember her saying anything about it getting wet. Oh well, if it has no luck it still looks pretty sweatdrop

it's kind of to hard not to let other people touch it when they just stop and grab at it (my friends did this to me) and you're like "wtf?" but you don't want to say anything.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:37 am
mymiridon
KagomeSohma
mymiridon
[.Mihiko-chan.]

it's kind of to hard not to let other people touch it when they just stop and grab at it (my friends did this to me) and you're like "wtf?" but you don't want to say anything.
Oh...well it still looks pretty...I hide mine under my shirt.  

KagomeSohma

mymiridon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:13 pm
` E G G !
If you give someone a clock it means death. Well... something like that.
And when you eat your rice and have some grains left over that's how many pimples you'll get or that's how ugly your boyfriend will be or whatever... xp

I've heard that one before. giving someone a clock is like counting down to their demise. I also heard that if you give someone an empty red envelope for new years or occasions, it's giving them really bad luck.

@kagome: I do that too but my mom keeps pulling it out when she has the chance. not to mention my chain is pretty short to begin with. rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:01 pm
xiiao-ai

I don't really believe in superstitions.
          I remember my mum telling me things like 'the number four is bad luck cause it sounds like die in chinese, so don't get a house with the number 4 in it'
          And 'the number 8 is lucky, and if you get your house number to be 88 or 888 then you will have super good luck.'

Yeah, when we were house-hunting, we found this really nice house on a nice location, but it was like number 14, so we just continued looking >__>;

Retarded Mango

anniebananie123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:45 am
i don't really no any superstitions..but my mom/dad said to never buy a house with a road/street leading straight to ur door..or sumthing lyk that.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:35 pm
anniebananie123
i don't really no any superstitions..but my mom/dad said to never buy a house with a road/street leading straight to ur door..or sumthing lyk that.. sweatdrop

yeah when we built our house my dad din't want that to plus he said that a curved drive way is good and it's bad to have you mailbox directly inview of your door... dunno why.  

mymiridon

`Fahrenheit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:37 pm
4 is death.. and its true everyone that dies.. has something to do with "4"
and number 8 means money... thats why the beijing olympics is on "08,08,08"  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items