how did you get hooked on supernatural?
  the winchester brothers! ^_^
  The as* kicking
  both!
  I don't know...I just did :o
View Results

leviathan67

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:56 am
I was flipping channels in boredom one night and I happened across Supernatural (a repeat during the summer). The episode was "Dead in the Water". I started watching and the guy was reaching into the sink, so I flipped over to TV Guide and then it went like this:
Flip to SPN: "Don't do it!Get your arm out of there stupid"
Flip to TV Guide: "What's gonna happen though?"
Flip back to SPN: "Seriously, you idiot!"

I flipped back and forth rapidly through that whole scene. And then I actually watched the rest. I was like "Hmm...this is pretty good."

So I watched the repeat on the next week, which may have been "Bloody Mary". After that I was hooked so I kept tuning in for repeats. Then I started visiting the IMDb Supernatural Boards. And I heard whisperings that the episodes were on YouTube (this was last summer when MyPoems had all of season 1 posted) so I watched the entire season. Then I bought the DVDs as soon as they came out. By the time I'd watched them all I was hooked, completly, and anxiously awaiting the season 2 premiere.

Now I watch it religiously. And my parents find that threatening to ground me from the tv on Thursdays is a good way to get me to do things like cleaning my room.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:32 pm
Before Supernatural, my favorite, must tune-in every week, shows were Smallville and Gilmore girls.

So I was already familar with Jared and Jensen's acting.

And... them together?
That sounded pretty hot.

And so the pilot aired.

OH MY GOD THIS WAS A COOL SERIES.

I have to say, I've become more obsessed with SPN than any other show.
And have no shame.
SPN4EVR  

evilfigaro

queeN kaskade
Captain

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:38 pm
Haha! Aww.... great stories. But most of them seem centered around the boy's... hotness'.... lol! I guess storylines are slightly seconded... xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:48 pm
arsilverangel
Haha! Aww.... great stories. But most of them seem centered around the boy's... hotness'.... lol! I guess storylines are slightly seconded... xd

Naw D:
Eyecandy is swell but, for reals, I could be watching Laguna Beach or some other lame-o teen drama for hunks.

Also, I sort of have a ginormous brother(s) complex.
Basis for a lot of my past fixations.
(FMAFMAFMAFMA)
SPN was basically an immediate in.  

evilfigaro

queeN kaskade
Captain

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:51 pm
HAHAHAH! And in FMA...... hahahaha... you get one semi-humanoid bodied brother.... and one.... giant hunk of metal brother.... hahahaha!!!!! Awww...... I still need to finish watching FMA ...... sad  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:59 pm
arsilverangel
HAHAHAH! And in FMA...... hahahaha... you get one semi-humanoid bodied brother.... and one.... giant hunk of metal brother.... hahahaha!!!!! Awww...... I still need to finish watching FMA ...... sad

O: Yeah Sam, don't get so down and dumpy, at least you and your brother didn't get torn limb from limb to revive your mother.
Which wouldn't have worked anyways!

(the best part of that series, in my opinion, is the movie)  

evilfigaro

queeN kaskade
Captain

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:20 pm
evilfigaro
O: Yeah Sam, don't get so down and dumpy, at least you and your brother didn't get torn limb from limb to revive your mother.
Which wouldn't have worked anyways!

(the best part of that series, in my opinion, is the movie)

gonk gonk gonk

---------------------> *has not yet seen the movie*....... hahaa.... Ah well.. All in good time. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:23 pm
my friend got me hooked. I'm not to sure when but it wasn't long ago.

She came up to me one day at school,talking about this show she watched on tv and how she got the first season on dvd. She told me about it and at first i was like "meh sounds like buffy" lol but she was like "Well its not so watch it." she let me borrow the first dvd. I watched it and got hooked. why i got hooked well its simple:

two hot guys in one hot car listening to awsome tunes and kicking a** lol. and I love the supernatural and "occult" type things so it had everything lol. Now I watch it all the time. but I havn't seen the 2nd season i was too busy catching up on the first D: so now I have to wait till it comes out on DVD.

Bohemian Eve

Kawaii Phantom

15,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Magical Girl 50

GinoNobuchika

Invisible Friend

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:51 am
I liked Jared in the movie Cry_Wolf. and I LOVED Jensen on Smallville. So when i saw both of them on the same show I was like "huh? this might be intresting"

I think I really fell inlove with it after the episode "Home". The acting in that episode was so good from both of them. And I also fell inlove with the Psychic!Sammy plot.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:32 pm
I got hooked by
1) they are both hot
2) I love action shows
3) I love mystery shows
4)I love horror movies. and Supernatural is like a bunch of horror movies with the same characters ^_^

izzra

Amara_Galevine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:10 am
I think I first heard about supernatural in an LJ comm (not really sure what it was anymore), since I don't have access to TV (I live in a dorm with 200 other girls with 1 TV with select channels) I didn't really think about it...

Then came the wonders of YouTube, I think the season was halfway over, but in several nights I caught up and can't wait whenever someone is going to post the newest episode because even though the pilot scared me, I think the story was good, the action was nice and it was a good concept for a show (kill ghosts with rock salt shotguns instead of Ghostbuster's guns or spells) and yes, the fact that the two main characters are hot helps a lot too... 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:43 am
You know... I've been trying to get my best friend into SN for.... WEEEEEEELL over a year now.... and you know what she says to me? "Meh.. they're ok looking... but they're too young."

gonk scream gonk gonk gonk

She goes for the 40' somethings.... it's kinda weird cause the guys she loves are old enough to be her dad.... rofl rofl rofl

It's too much of a struggle to get her to finish watching S1.... I do believe I have given up. sad sweatdrop crying  

queeN kaskade
Captain

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bidding War 100

Mia_MaxRide
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:12 pm
I remember watching the prieviews and a little of the first episode, but back then I was a wuss, and was really scared when Sam drove through the girl. Then my mom stopped watching. I was flipping through channels a year latter and found playthings. Watched that and was like "Holy F*** this kicks." So... yeah. Still havn't watched all of the episodes. Thank god for Wikipedia, or I would be kind of lost. lol lol sweatdrop sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:07 am
I got hooked after getting the Season 1 DVD as a gift. One thing I love about this show (besides the brothers, the car, the myths/lore/occulty type stuff) is how hilarious it is. I'm not sure I'd be able to stick with a show that didn't have a good amount of humor in it.  

Atsukpi

The Black Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:57 pm
Well i started out watchin Smallville on The CW
and Supernatural just happened to come on after it
So i just started to watch it so now i Love It! blaugh  
Supernatural: The world of Sam and Dean winchester

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers