Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
CNN's Discrimination Against Atheists. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dread Dionaea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:19 pm
This was posted on my favorite forum, humor-based mostly but with the majority of posters being Athiests. Religious discussion actually had to be banned outside of the debate section because every time someone with religious convictions posted it'd be a swarm of militant Athiests on their a**. I hated that. Anyway...

The general consensus there was that this sort of thing's largely supposed to be ignored. Yes, it will influence some discrimination and hate. The best thing to do is prove them wrong with reason and dignity. Of course, I was slightly surprised by that idea coming from people who are typically so rabidly anti-religion. I'm proud of them xp I agree that it's ridiculous and offensive, but really the best way to react is with poise.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:19 am
This arguement makes me laugh.

~~~~~-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

hachimitsugirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:45 am
That b***h's quip about atheist greeting cards made me wanna slap her in the mouth.

There's nothing ******** funny about being a rational human being.
There's a lot funny, however, about structuring one's life around an human-tooled deity.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:34 am
I agree with the African American woman. Atheists do indeed need to shut up. Further, how dare Atheists speak their opinions and be politically active as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America? How dare they! We are at war! There shall not be freedoms!

In all seriousness, so many people in that "panel" (What the hell? No Atheists in a panel centered around Atheists?) need to be slapped. The blond and African American woman are rude. No matter what you believe, in a debate, you don't interrupt others, and you most certainly do not laugh at their opinions.

Also, I've just received confirmation from a devout Catholic friend of mine that discrimination against Atheists does indeed make Jesus cry.  

Cirosan

Mythee

Festive Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:02 am
Hurr... I'm not the kind of atheist who will fight for my... lack of beliefs, but the theists arguments really do make your ears bleed xDD My mom once made a thorough analysis of any un-religious VS religious argument between theists and atheists. It was hilarious, and sad, and totally true. I wonder if I can remember it and say it here for you all... owo

I wish I could have a talk with a theist who actually has intelligent arguments towards their beliefs. I don't think those can exist, but maybe a theist who says like "People can choose to believe what they want according to their needs. It is human to fear death, so I choose to believe in a religion that will give me the comfort of an afterlife." That would be really cool, because then they would look a lot less like a brainwashed puppet and more like someone who has awesome 1337 mental self-persuading skillz that everyone, deep down, wishes they had. My opinion of theist's beliefs would finally go up and I'd feel a lot less bad for them.

Anyhow, yeah... although it is logically impossible for theists and atheists to accept each other's beliefs or non-beliefs, it would be nice if they stopped fighting about it. Tolerance is a religious virtue, is it not? So demmit, I wish they'd just shut up already and leave us be xDDD Same for us. Atheists shouldn't go and criticise other people's beliefs even if they're bothersome. Things aren't always perfect, people aren't always perfect- but to be a good person you must learn to love it that way and avoid hurting other people's feelings. 3nodding

...LOVE-OO AND-OO PEACE-OO! *does the Vash crossed-peace-sign thingey*

...sorry, the temptation was too strong xD  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:41 am
As soon as I find my library card, I'm going to borrow Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion.... Now, where is the damn library card? I still need to watch it, but it takes me like 1.5 hours to load 5 minutes of video...  

Death God Hitsugaya

Redem

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:24 pm
Death God Hitsugaya
As soon as I find my library card, I'm going to borrow Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion.... Now, where is the damn library card? I still need to watch it, but it takes me like 1.5 hours to load 5 minutes of video...

*CoughICanEmailYouAPDFCough* ninja  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:03 pm
*CoughCool,YouCan?Cough* ninja  

Death God Hitsugaya

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items