Kaori Yuki's mangas-the list Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:54 pm
Sai-kun
Manga Jouhou huge listing of scanlators and projects.
You can search by series.
Sakura Crisis seems to be the biggest scanlator of Kaori Yuki stuff.
Omanga.net still has text translations of the last few books.
Jahannam.net has translations up to book 15 or 16 of AS I believe.

Are you interested in actually buying hard copies of Japanese manga?

This may be a late reply but, I'll try it anyway sweatdrop . Does anyone know why Sakura Crisis is down? Did they move or something? Because it's been gone for about a week and a half now and that's where I get all my scanlations crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:46 am
Moonlit Masquerade
Sai-kun
Manga Jouhou huge listing of scanlators and projects.
You can search by series.
Sakura Crisis seems to be the biggest scanlator of Kaori Yuki stuff.
Omanga.net still has text translations of the last few books.
Jahannam.net has translations up to book 15 or 16 of AS I believe.

Are you interested in actually buying hard copies of Japanese manga?

This may be a late reply but, I'll try it anyway sweatdrop . Does anyone know why Sakura Crisis is down? Did they move or something? Because it's been gone for about a week and a half now and that's where I get all my scanlations crying

I know! It's a disaster! And just before they were going to put the http-download of YnM on the site! I do hope this is temporary...  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:36 am
Sanekazura

I know! It's a disaster! And just before they were going to put the http-download of YnM on the site! I do hope this is temporary...

Yeah me too, but it's been about two weeks now. I have one of the creator's e-mails (I x-changed links with her but she scares me, truth be told eek ). I'll e-mail her and ask and hopefull she won't bite my head off. That's where I get all my Kaori Yuki stuff! and other mangas crying  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:38 am
O_O
Im so behind!!
>_< I have to get this month's Hana to yume before copies run out...Kaori Yuki has put out yet another new series!
(By the way, I didn't understand Psycho Knocker at all -_- )

If I'm reading it right, the title is Faerie Cube...what an odd title ^_^;;
HtY Special Preview

Take a look at it before February is out, the page will change after Feb.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:25 pm
Sai-kun
O_O
Im so behind!!
>_< I have to get this month's Hana to yume before copies run out...Kaori Yuki has put out yet another new series!
(By the way, I didn't understand Psycho Knocker at all -_- )

If I'm reading it right, the title is Faerie Cube...what an odd title ^_^;;
HtY Special Preview

Take a look at it before February is out, the page will change after Feb.

eek Oh my God! So pretty, especially the girl with wings, and the boy looks so cute! I'm so behind on all of her stuff, jeez...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:01 am
Oh dear! Oooh dear! Love at first sight... heart
Do you know anything about the story?  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:13 pm
Sanekazura

Not a single thing...I hope to be able to pick up the issue next weekend...::prays for copies to still be available::
I imagined a silly/cute little scenario though, just from looking at the picture...
The boy looks like he's looking into some window, his hands pressed up the glass.
The fairy-girl looks small, like a doll, a miniature or...a real fairy?
So I imagined for a moment that maybe the boy looks in through the window of some mysterious shop and sees this fairy-girl there.

It's just my weird imagination running amok ^_^;  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:10 am
Sai-kun
Sanekazura

Not a single thing...I hope to be able to pick up the issue next weekend...::prays for copies to still be available::
I imagined a silly/cute little scenario though, just from looking at the picture...
The boy looks like he's looking into some window, his hands pressed up the glass.
So I imagined for a moment that maybe the boy looks in through the window of some mysterious shop and sees this fairy-girl there.

Well, now you have a scenario for an own story.>.<
Tell us when you know...

A funny thing is... Only a couple of weeks ago, Sono made drawing of a girl with butterfly wings...telepathic? xd  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Sanekazura
Sai-kun
Sanekazura

Well, now you have a scenario for an own story.>.<
Tell us when you know...

A funny thing is... Only a couple of weeks ago, Sono made drawing of a girl with butterfly wings...telepathic? xd

Indeed I do :3 We'll see how Kaori-sensei's story pans out...
Too bad I'm not much of a writer...or an artist for that fact...though I draw more than I write fiction.
I just dont have time or inspiration to do such things any more...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:26 pm
Announcement!
Volume one of Meine Liebe is now out in tankoubon!
the artist is actually Izawa Rei, but Kaori-sensei did the designs as per usual ^_^  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:14 am
Sai-kun

Too bad I'm not much of a writer...or an artist for that fact...though I draw more than I write fiction.

For me, it's school tha't's stealing the time i otherwise should have used to make stories. Ah well, That's what summer holidays are for.

And so my standard question: what is the Meine Liebe manga about?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:34 pm
Sanekazura
Sai-kun

For me, it's school tha't's stealing the time i otherwise should have used to make stories. Ah well, That's what summer holidays are for.

And so my standard question: what is the Meine Liebe manga about?

Meine Liebe was originally a video game released for the game boy back in 2000-ish. Kaori Yuki did the character designs.
It was basically a dating sim, and I'm not all too certain of the original plot of the video game.
Basically, its an over the top romp with five (six? if you count the seinen :3) pretty guys who drive the girls gaga.

The game was popular enough among the shoujo crowd to generate drama cds and a special art book.
Now we have a manga being written about it. And an anime as of late last year.
As I have yet to find scanlations, I cant really tell you what its about in detail since my Japanese is utterly crappy and patchwork.
But the anime story line seems to be following the manga storyline, and there are fansubs for that and as of yet, no sign of anybody picking it up for commercialization (THANK GOD). You can still find the fansubs on Bittorrent trackers.

Anyway...the anime seems to be focused more on eye candy than plot, but I guess thats what you get when you throw some pretty boys together from a dating sim.
Basically, it works on a Guy-of-the-week basis where we get to learn a little about the intriguing and possibly tragic past of one of our princes

Characters include Orpherus (Orpheus, silent stoic guy with tragic past), Naoji (Japanese element of the series), Camus (resident uke psychic boy), Eduard (genki boy with tragic past), Ludwig (resident dark, broody long-haired bish) Sir Issac (the older rough-hewn-but-handsome fellow)

Running theme: Ludwig vs. Orpherus.

There are also female characters but while the manga is from their POV, the anime more or less has them as asides.
The official japanese page for the show doesnt even mention them in the characters page.

Other stuff: Meine Liebe now has a PS2 game as well.
No news of whether it will ever be released out of country.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:44 pm
Ok, thank you! I've heard about the game, and I have to admit that I have my doubts wether it can really be a good story, but I'll have to see for myself... And, well, some eyecandy is never entirely wrong. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:46 pm
Ok, thank you! I've heard about the game, and I have to admit that I have my doubts wether it can really be a good story, but I'll have to see for myself... And, well, some eyecandy is never entirely wrong. whee  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:25 am
Sanekazura

Prettiness for prettiness' sake ^_^ Sometimes you just can't take everything too seriously.
Like Saint Beast...it was another one of those prefabricated bishonen anime with a lot of stellar voice actors who often voice bishonen characters...but campy art and even campier plot.
But you kinda just watch these things for what they are, pretty boys romping around...  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff