Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Count Cain *Spoilers aplenty now... Enter at own risk* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:54 pm
I just now finished reading the first five volumes on s-c.net.
I feel emotionally drained.....
I'm not going to go looking for spoilers for the God Child arc, I think I'll just slowly read through it all in shoujo beat for as long as they run it.
Cain is such a tragic character, god I feel like crying...
I won't babble... I just wanted to get that out... lol
I'm gonna move on to Boy's next door on s-c.net, I hear that one's a tear jerker like mad.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:33 pm
YGOPaladin
I'm not going to go looking for spoilers for the God Child arc, I think I'll just slowly read through it all in shoujo beat for as long as they run it.
I'm gonna move on to Boy's next door on s-c.net, I hear that one's a tear jerker like mad.

Ah...volume five...the Castrato arc is one of my favorites out of all of Count Cain...mainly because Im a very big Jezebel fan, but also because I love Cain and Riff's interaction in it...
But Roy...poor pooy Roy...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:21 pm
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin

Ah...volume five...the Castrato arc is one of my favorites out of all of Count Cain...mainly because Im a very big Jezebel fan, but also because I love Cain and Riff's interaction in it...

yeah sad

I am very intriqued by Jezebel... they way his bit ended in volume 5 really confused me, I think I may have to go back and reread it. Not sure what was going on there. I just KNOW there is going to be more juicey Jezebel stuff to come in later volumes. I'm pretty excited about seeing what kinds of craziness Kaori Yuki came up with wink  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:02 am
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin

yeah sad

I am very intriqued by Jezebel... they way his bit ended in volume 5 really confused me, I think I may have to go back and reread it. Not sure what was going on there. I just KNOW there is going to be more juicey Jezebel stuff to come in later volumes. I'm pretty excited about seeing what kinds of craziness Kaori Yuki came up with wink

[Spoiler for book 5/Castrato arc]
Well Cassian took the hit Gladstone intended for Jezebel. (Note how Jezebel didnt get out of the way. The man wants to die...::cuddles Jezebel:: )
Cassian was dying and for once we see Jezebel show some kind of emotion for a human being besides contempt and hatred.
I am very pro Cassian/Jezebel...so...YAY!
Gladstone's comeuppance is to become a guinea pig for Dr. Zenopia, Delilah's Hermit card. A fate worse than death perhaps. Jezebel acts as his assistant and they transplant Cassian's brain into Gladstone's body.
Remember that Cassian has a weird syndrome where he doesnt age...but for the longest time he was treated as a freak and desired just to have a normal, grown up body to fit his years. So in affect, Zenopia and Jezebel are giving that to him by giving him Gladstone's body.
AFterwards, Alexis seems to show affection towards Jezebel, but its a mocking, perverse affection, but it's all Jezebel can get from his father and he craves it.
Later, we see Jezebel at the train station where a man bumps into him. The scar on his hand is the one Cassian inflicted on Gladstone when he threw the knife at him. Jezebel looks up and sees the familiar face of Cassian/Gladstone but now with a shorn and bandaged head. The man disappears into the crowd before Jezebel can say anything to him.
All Cassian/Jezebel fangirls squeal in delight.

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:58 am
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin

yeah sad

Well Cassian took the hit Gladstone intended for Jezebel. (Note how Jezebel didnt get out of the way. The man wants to die...::cuddles Jezebel:: )
Cassian was dying and for once we see Jezebel show some kind of emotion for a human being besides contempt and hatred.
Gladstone's comeuppance is to become a guinea pig for Dr. Zenopia, Delilah's Hermit card. A fate worse than death perhaps. Jezebel acts as his assistant and they transplant Cassian's brain into Gladstone's body.
Remember that Cassian has a weird syndrome where he doesnt age...but for the longest time he was treated as a freak and desired just to have a normal, grown up body to fit his years. So in affect, Zenopia and Jezebel are giving that to him by giving him Gladstone's body.
AFterwards, Alexis seems to show affection towards Jezebel, but its a mocking, perverse affection, but it's all Jezebel can get from his father and he craves it.
Later, we see Jezebel at the train station where a man bumps into him. The scar on his hand is the one Cassian inflicted on Gladstone when he threw the knife at him. Jezebel looks up and sees the familiar face of Cassian/Gladstone but now with a shorn and bandaged head. The man disappears into the crowd before Jezebel can say anything to him.

*looks back through book five*
I think I missed some stuff confused
And why is it called the castrato arc? I know what a castrato is... I don't remember any castratos in that arc........  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:06 pm
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin

yeah sad

*looks back through book five*
I think I missed some stuff confused
And why is it called the castrato arc? I know what a castrato is... I don't remember any castratos in that arc........

[possible spoilers? Very minor...so just dont look below if you dont even want the slightest give away...]

Not so much a literal castrato, but then again we dont know what Gladstone really did to Roy -_-
Castrato refers to the guise Roy was forced to wear.
I also think that it partially has to do with Cassian's inability to grow into a man until this arc.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:46 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:44 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:13 pm
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin
I just recently got the first three issues of shojo beat, and I read through the first three chapters of god child. I am totally confused about one thing that happened in the first chapter. I'm not sure if this is a translation miscommunication, or if I'm just dumb. Anyway.... here it is in white text so as not to spoil anything for some of you who have not read it yet....
[white text]

There's a guy in a rabbit mask going around killing the girls from the tea party, I got all that. I also got that he was really only killing to cover up that his daughter went ballistic and killed one of the tea party girls at a tea party. Ok, got that too. BUT, Cain says something to the girl whose name has disappeared from my head..... the tea party girl who lives... anyway, he says to her when he catches her from fainting not to let an incubus steal her soul. Then later, when everyone is going to bed, there's a frame where he has her pinned to the wall in the hallway and says something about a potion to protect her from the incubus. Then in one of the last frames of the chapter she asks him if she will ever see him again and he tells her that once an incubus has taken a soul, it is no longer interested in the maiden (or something like that, forgive me I don't have the magazine with me to give exact words). I looked up the word incubus, because I didn't know what it meant.

Incubus:
Pronunciation: 'i[ng]-ky&-b&s, 'in-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural in?cu?bi /-"bI, -"bE/; also -bus?es
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin, from Latin incubare
1 : an evil spirit that lies on persons in their sleep; especially : one that has sexual intercourse with women while they are sleeping -- compare SUCCUBUS
2 : NIGHTMARE 2
3 : one that oppresses or burdens like a nightmare

So, what the heck? Is Cain the incubus? What is going on? I realize it was only one chapter, and not that long of one at that, but I don't get it... LOL
Thanks to anyone that can clear this up for me smile

I have to go look up a translation myself to be really sure, but I want to say the potion he gave to her was a poison that she could use if she was attacked by the rabbit/nobleman.
He's just being cheeky and sly about giving it to her because well...that's Cain. He knows he's pretty and makes the girls swoon ^_^;; (he pulls this on a lot of women throughout the series). plus he at that point probably didnt have a solid idea of who was the killer yet so didn't want to be like "Here, have some poison in case soandso comes after you too because see...I have this hypothesis that..."
I only surmise this because Rabbit guy finds his end by a hallucinogenic poison...though its been FOREVER since I read the chapter and am not sure how it was administered to him.

Cain isnt the Earl of Poison for nothing :3 He has to use poison once in a while to keep his name!

Okay! see, i was thinking it was a lot more complicated than that! Thanks a billion. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:02 pm
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin
I just recently got the first three issues of shojo beat, and I read through the first three chapters of god child. I am totally confused about one thing that happened in the first chapter. I'm not sure if this is a translation miscommunication, or if I'm just dumb. Anyway.... here it is in white text so as not to spoil anything for some of you who have not read it yet....
[white text]

There's a guy in a rabbit mask going around killing the girls from the tea party, I got all that. I also got that he was really only killing to cover up that his daughter went ballistic and killed one of the tea party girls at a tea party. Ok, got that too. BUT, Cain says something to the girl whose name has disappeared from my head..... the tea party girl who lives... anyway, he says to her when he catches her from fainting not to let an incubus steal her soul. Then later, when everyone is going to bed, there's a frame where he has her pinned to the wall in the hallway and says something about a potion to protect her from the incubus. Then in one of the last frames of the chapter she asks him if she will ever see him again and he tells her that once an incubus has taken a soul, it is no longer interested in the maiden (or something like that, forgive me I don't have the magazine with me to give exact words). I looked up the word incubus, because I didn't know what it meant.

Incubus:
Pronunciation: 'i[ng]-ky&-b&s, 'in-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural in?cu?bi /-"bI, -"bE/; also -bus?es
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin, from Latin incubare
1 : an evil spirit that lies on persons in their sleep; especially : one that has sexual intercourse with women while they are sleeping -- compare SUCCUBUS
2 : NIGHTMARE 2
3 : one that oppresses or burdens like a nightmare

So, what the heck? Is Cain the incubus? What is going on? I realize it was only one chapter, and not that long of one at that, but I don't get it... LOL
Thanks to anyone that can clear this up for me smile

I have to go look up a translation myself to be really sure, but I want to say the potion he gave to her was a poison that she could use if she was attacked by the rabbit/nobleman.
He's just being cheeky and sly about giving it to her because well...that's Cain. He knows he's pretty and makes the girls swoon ^_^;; (he pulls this on a lot of women throughout the series). plus he at that point probably didnt have a solid idea of who was the killer yet so didn't want to be like "Here, have some poison in case soandso comes after you too because see...I have this hypothesis that..."
I only surmise this because Rabbit guy finds his end by a hallucinogenic poison...though its been FOREVER since I read the chapter and am not sure how it was administered to him.

Cain isnt the Earl of Poison for nothing :3 He has to use poison once in a while to keep his name!

Okay! see, i was thinking it was a lot more complicated than that! Thanks a billion. smile

No problemo :3 That's just my take on it!  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:40 am
O______________O
Okay... I just read God Child 11 (or 6, all volumes, including Count Cain, are called "God Child" here), and I'm seriously shocked. What I just read can't be the truth at all...
Riff should be...?
Please, I don't want many spoilers, but what Cain was told isn't the whole truth, is it?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:54 am
Katinchen012
O______________O
Okay... I just read God Child 11 (or 6, all volumes, including Count Cain, are called "God Child" here), and I'm seriously shocked. What I just read can't be the truth at all...
Riff should be...?
Please, I don't want many spoilers, but what Cain was told isn't the whole truth, is it?

Eto...I dont know if I understand the question...what is it that you wanted to know? I'll try to answer without giving it away!  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:20 pm
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
O______________O
Riff should be...?

Eto...I dont know if I understand the question...what is it that you wanted to know? I'll try to answer without giving it away!

Well, then I guess there will be a lot more of our deeply loved white text...

I spoke about the scene in which Riff tolds Cain he has been Alexis' servant all the time, that he's part of Delilah, and that the Riff Cain has known never existed. But this can't be the whole truth, can it? Riff will finally be himself again, right? *hopes*

I don't really want to know the complete answer including all spoilers, but at least a little bit about the future, and if --- will go back to normal finally would be nice.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:27 pm
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
O______________O
Riff should be...?

I spoke about the scene in which Riff tolds Cain he has been Alexis' servant all the time, that he's part of Delilah, and that the Riff Cain has known never existed. But this can't be the whole truth, can it? Riff will finally be himself again, right? *hopes*

I don't really want to know the complete answer including all spoilers, but at least a little bit about the future, and if --- will go back to normal finally would be nice.

How can I say this without spoiling everything, 'cause finding out is most of the fun :3

...i dont think this is a spoiler since it wont make sense to anyone unless theyve gotten to that point or beyond.
But just in case. If anyone doesnt want a single clue of what's ahead. Do not continue reading.

Not even Riff knows the whole truth.
Kaori Yuki is queen of the plot twist!  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:37 pm
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
O______________O
Riff should be...?

How can I say this without spoiling everything, 'cause finding out is most of the fun :3

...i dont think this is a spoiler since it wont make sense to anyone unless theyve gotten to that point or beyond.
But just in case. If anyone doesnt want a single clue of what's ahead. Do not continue reading.

Not even Riff knows the whole truth.
Kaori Yuki is queen of the plot twist!

Oh yes, I thought of something like this...
Well, four month left and I know as much of the truth as possible anyway, and I think I'll be patient 'til then.^^  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff