Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonoshi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:52 am
Momiji-Bunny
I'm from California, unfortunatly the only Kaori Yuki Manga here is Angel Sanctuary, so I've had to find others online, and my computer is so slow it takes forever to download them! sigh....

AS is the only one here in sweden too. And it's imported... so. expensive. crying
anyway. just got the 4th volume today! can't wait 'til I read it! xd *runs away*  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:48 pm
In Canada only Angel Sanctuary is out in English, although AS and Neiji are out in French... Though it's next to impossible to get them...  

RionaDaidouji

Synthetic Angel

6,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:57 am
Why is it hard to get them..?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:20 am
Loriene

Well, in the maratimes where I live, stores have a really hard time dealing with French publishers, so we can barely get any French books at all, let alone special order them.... And though you can order them online, it costs an arm and a leg to get them shipped all the way from France....  

RionaDaidouji

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:53 am
RionaDaidouji
Loriene

Well, in the maratimes where I live, stores have a really hard time dealing with French publishers, so we can barely get any French books at all, let alone special order them.... And though you can order them online, it costs an arm and a leg to get them shipped all the way from France....

i can imagine... xp
here in sweden we can get manga imported from america to a reasonable price through specialized stores. the number of mangas translated to swedish is steadily increasing, only a few days ago evangelion came out.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:03 am
Sanekazura
RionaDaidouji
Loriene

i can imagine... xp
here in sweden we can get manga imported from america to a reasonable price through specialized stores. the number of mangas translated to swedish is steadily increasing, only a few days ago evangelion came out.

I think there are actually more manga out in French then in English... And without shipping, they're even less expensive... But getting them is sooooo hard..... Makes me want to go the France just to buy more manga... (Actually, my mom and I have been thinking of taking a vacation to Europe some time... I'll be sure to bring lots of spending money. xd )  

RionaDaidouji

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:17 am
Sanekazura

i can imagine... xp

WHAT?! Evangelion?! It did??? Why haven't I heard of this! gonk
Ahem.
I see that I have to pay a visit to the bookstore in the nearby future.

Anyway. On imported manga and reasonable prices; Long live SF-Bokhandeln! whee  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:31 pm
RionaDaidouji
Sanekazura
RionaDaidouji
Loriene

i can imagine... xp

I think there are actually more manga out in French then in English... And without shipping, they're even less expensive... But getting them is sooooo hard..... Makes me want to go the France just to buy more manga... (Actually, my mom and I have been thinking of taking a vacation to Europe some time... I'll be sure to bring lots of spending money. xd )

Poor you...over hear it´s pretty expencive to, but I think it´s not as heard to get them as it may be for you.. sweatdrop  

Synthetic Angel

6,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:08 am
Vi Sparklemist
Sanekazura

i can imagine... xp

WHAT?! Evangelion?! It did??? Why haven't I heard of this! gonk
Ahem.
I see that I have to pay a visit to the bookstore in the nearby future.

Anyway. On imported manga and reasonable prices; Long live SF-Bokhandeln! whee

heh, i didn't know it either until sono told me...

yes! out paradise on earth: SF-bokhandeln! heart
to bad i have to go to stockholm or gothenburg to buy though...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:31 pm
Sanekazura

Can't you order through the internet?
It's pretty far to sthlm from here, not to mention gbg. The net is my saviour. 3nodding

Then again... It's never the same feeling online as when you stand there among all those wonderful books, not knowing what you're gonna buy but has loads to choose from heart  

Vi Sparklemist

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:39 pm
Vi Sparklemist
Sanekazura

It's pretty far to sthlm from here, not to mention gbg. The net is my saviour. 3nodding

Then again... It's never the same feeling online as when you stand there among all those wonderful books, not knowing what you're gonna buy but has loads to choose from heart

yes, that's wonderful! whee and i do order through the net, but then i have to pay extra for the shipping, and since i don't have that much money... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:43 pm
Vi Sparklemist
Sanekazura

*nods* Definatly know that feeling. I used to work in a bookstore. heart I miss it.... crying I work internet tech support now.... 'Cause as much as I love bookstores, the pay was terrible....  

RionaDaidouji

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:53 pm
Sanekazura

yes, that's wonderful! whee and i do order through the net, but then i have to pay extra for the shipping, and since i don't have that much money... sweatdrop

Ah, I see. But it's pretty expensive going to sthlm/gbg as well.
Or, that depends on where you live. Personally, I have 35 Mil to sthlm, don't even dare to count how far it's to gbg. sweatdrop

RionaDaidouji

*nods* Definatly know that feeling. I used to work in a bookstore. heart I miss it.... crying I work internet tech support now.... 'Cause as much as I love bookstores, the pay was terrible....

Oh surprised
Then again, it must be kind of frustrating being around the books without being able to buy some of them everytime you're going home for the day xp  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:17 pm
There's an anime store about 30 minutes from where I live and they sell Manga's there for like $8-$9 it's pretty cool, it's way cheaper then going to Borders or even on Tokyopop or Viz's webpage.  

Momiji-Bunny

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:59 am
Momiji-Bunny
There's an anime store about 30 minutes from where I live and they sell Manga's there for like $8-$9 it's pretty cool, it's way cheaper then going to Borders or even on Tokyopop or Viz's webpage.

oh my god! eek you lucky, lucky people! i have 250 kilometers to the nearest "real" mangashop!  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff