Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Everyone in London ok? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yalie5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:11 pm
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
oh. we have those in america. except the chavs and yobs are called the gangsters and they act all ghetto. um... proper terms... something from being from the hood. rolleyes or something like a hoochie. anyways the pikes would be the punks. i wonder if they also include the goths. seriously these people need to grow up. and maybe if i ever decided to visit london i'll bring my own baseball bat... made of metal mrgreen

My cousin from san francisco was telling me about 'gangsters' and I just thought "WTF?"
But the way you put it, it seems more like a bunch of hooligans rather than a criminal organisation. The thing about the pikees is that you can never tell who is one and who isn't though, that's the annoying thing. They vary a lot, as in they can like the same music and stuff that you like, so not all punks or goths are pikees. I'm a punk aficionado, but I ain't no pikee!! mrgreen

yeah... criminal organization would fall under the mafia. "gangster" aren't very organized other wise they wouldn't get shot. plus they're impulsive, fight over the tiniest thing and run their mouths too much... well at least that's my estimation of it. and punk huh? i don't care. i'm not a punk. i'm just weird. though the punks in the u.s. tend to think they're cooler than just about everyone else. (at least my part of the u.s) sometimes it's like get over yourself. and goth people and punk people are beginning to look the same to me. in the u.s. the goth people could be punk people. you'd never know.

There aren't that many goths in the UK, I don't think. I think the view over here is that punks and moshers are acceptable, but goths are just plain weird confused
I know one goth, who I actually thought was a mosher, but whatever. These 'groupings' of people really don't show much, do they? Because you could be a punk who liked heavy metal, Jpop and hip hop, which is what I'm like, yet you'd probably still get labelled as a punk.

yeah. goths here are... well... they're just pretty scary and depressing. I'd rather be near mildly happy people (very happy people are scary) and some of them are suppose to be hot... can't see how since usually half their face is covered most of the time and they're always wearing some thing black (including nailpolish. yes even the guys) hmm... I wonder what category they'd put me in. the bi-polar one or the manic depression people. lol. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:02 pm
I don't see the benefits from being a goth and are there even any reasons for going goth? I guess if you really like black clothes, then you're justified, but isn't goth music just like rock/metal? So why would you want to look like a goth, when you could just dress 'normal' and listen to your goth music in secrecy. There's no need to paint yourself up and label yourself as a goth. The impression I get from goths is that they're very depressed people who self-harm themselves, drink each others blood and are suicidal. However this is just my own biased view of goths, I bet some of them are probably alright when you get to know them. surprised  

Tokioka

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:34 pm
Tokioka
I don't see the benefits from being a goth and are there even any reasons for going goth? I guess if you really like black clothes, then you're justified, but isn't goth music just like rock/metal? So why would you want to look like a goth, when you could just dress 'normal' and listen to your goth music in secrecy. There's no need to paint yourself up and label yourself as a goth. The impression I get from goths is that they're very depressed people who self-harm themselves, drink each others blood and are suicidal. However this is just my own biased view of goths, I bet some of them are probably alright when you get to know them. surprised

yeah i really don't see it either. and i agree with you too... but not so much on the drinking blood part.
my biased veiw of the goths are pretty harsh. but that's because i've been taught so suck it up and deal with it. no one get's what they want and if life was fun no one would have to work. but anyway my biased view of a goth is some depressed kid who's looking for sympathy however unintentional and beleives that by listening to creepy rock music (not all rock music is creepy just the creepy rock ones lol) and wearing clothes and painting themselves to look like vampire would set themselves apart from the rest of the world. they dress the way they do and because they have a intrest in the occult that they would like to live and they beleive that the rest of the world is a bunch of idiotic assholes who can't understand them. so there's my view.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:22 pm
yalie5
Tokioka

yeah i really don't see it either. and i agree with you too... but not so much on the drinking blood part.
my biased veiw of the goths are pretty harsh. but that's because i've been taught so suck it up and deal with it. no one get's what they want and if life was fun no one would have to work. but anyway my biased view of a goth is some depressed kid who's looking for sympathy however unintentional and beleives that by listening to creepy rock music (not all rock music is creepy just the creepy rock ones lol) and wearing clothes and painting themselves to look like vampire would set themselves apart from the rest of the world. they dress the way they do and because they have a intrest in the occult that they would like to live and they beleive that the rest of the world is a bunch of idiotic assholes who can't understand them. so there's my view.

Agreed. surprised Yeh, my view on the goths is a bit harsh, but it's just a very extreme goth I have pictured in my mind. Are many or most goths satanists?  

Tokioka

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:05 pm
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka

Agreed. surprised Yeh, my view on the goths is a bit harsh, but it's just a very extreme goth I have pictured in my mind. Are many or most goths satanists?

No i don't think they're satanist. They're bordering on it. but in my opinon i don't think that they have the guts to cross the line and start worshipping satan. and yeah i have a pretty extreme goth in my mind too. i haven't really met one like that.. at least i don't think i have. seriously. White people all start looking the same after a few years. It's getting hard to tell them all apart. unless i know them really well. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:09 pm
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka

No i don't think they're satanist. They're bordering on it. but in my opinon i don't think that they have the guts to cross the line and start worshipping satan. and yeah i have a pretty extreme goth in my mind too. i haven't really met one like that.. at least i don't think i have. seriously. White people all start looking the same after a few years. It's getting hard to tell them all apart. unless i know them really well. sweatdrop

That's never been a problem for me. Hmmmm. I'm pretty good at recognising chinese and white faces, although probably leaning more towards the caucasians as I do see many more of them than chinese people everyday.  

Tokioka

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:14 pm
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka
yalie5
Tokioka

That's never been a problem for me. Hmmmm. I'm pretty good at recognising chinese and white faces, although probably leaning more towards the caucasians as I do see many more of them than chinese people everyday.

well there's very few asians in my school so it's easier to place the name with the face. But the caucasians are everywhere and I don't always meet them more than a couple of times so eventually i begin to forget who they are. i know i tend to remember the more useless things.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:29 pm
Wow...Everyday on the news we hear about London and the terrorists. Such a depressing story everytime. sad  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:59 pm
wiim
Wow...Everyday on the news we hear about London and the terrorists. Such a depressing story everytime. sad

meh... oh wellz. not like there's much we can do about. Just sit back and try to be happy and not be depressed. xd  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff