Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Fate made us sisters,....

I got Úhanimar. o.O
But my name is pretty in English, but when translated means "unintelligible speakers", just great. Even though I think it is cool that I found my name translated. I most likely wouldn't use it because I don't really care much for it.

I got Idril Eluch for the name generator, which I kind of like.

....but love made us friends.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:47 am
using that site link, my name is: Linwë Celebrindal. not too sure what it means, but my real name means "unlucky." i've found "un-" in Quenya, but nothing for "lucky." ahh, well, i should look more, but i'm tired. it's 4 in the morning, (nearer to 5) and i think i'm a go to bed now....  

sizerz

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Tindomerel Elenin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:48 am
svava
using that site link, my name is: Linwë Celebrindal. not too sure what it means, but my real name means "unlucky." i've found "un-" in Quenya, but nothing for "lucky." ahh, well, i should look more, but i'm tired. it's 4 in the morning, (nearer to 5) and i think i'm a go to bed now....
The Quenya word for luck is valto, so úvalto is possible, however the word "almárëa" is prettier(in my opinion) and that means "blessed." So úalmárëa is also a possibility. (Sorry I'm not capitalizing, I don't know how to keep the accent marks sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:23 pm
My Elvish name doesn't sound very Elvish.
My first name means enemy ( yeah great luck I got) and my last is German meaning ( of the Ice Mountain)

In Sindarin that's Coth Helegorod.

in Quenya it's Cotumo Helceoront, slightly more Elvish sounding but not really. It may not be the prettiest sounding thing, but it's my name, so it's good enough for me.

I'm not sure how right these are, I found the meanings of my first and last name and took to CouncilofElrond.com for the Elvish translations.  

Gussumaru Kenji

sizerz

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:19 pm
Tindomerel Elenin
svava
The Quenya word for luck is valto, so úvalto is possible, however the word "almárëa" is prettier(in my opinion) and that means "blessed." So úalmárëa is also a possibility. (Sorry I'm not capitalizing, I don't know how to keep the accent marks sweatdrop )

hey, thanks! that's really cool. i need some more sites and stuff for that kinda thing i think.... i've got a few, but i was too lazy to look up any more... *cheese*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:38 pm
My name from the random name generator is Eärwen Sáralondë, but I don't think that is quite right... Then there was another translation of it into Sindarin and it was Amarvudorwen, Amarvudoreth, Caevudoreth, Caevudoriel, Caevudorien, Caevudorwen, Celebren, or Celevon. In Queenya it was Poicë, Cemenótië, or Cemóti. I like Amarvudorwen best.  

Ginny97263

Nimrodel of Lorinand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:08 pm
On the Generator, my name is Nessa Felagund, my sisters was Inwe Felagund.

On [http://www.elvish.org/elm/names/j.html] my name is Yuliene, or Nessime.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:14 am
According to the site, my name is Vendie. ninja  

[Cresenne]
Crew

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:28 am
Thats really cute =P, actually I was thinking of what my Elvish name is according to my real one....My name means "God is my judge", would appreciate if someoen found it for me ><.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:50 pm
God is my judge = Erunáme.  

[Cresenne]
Crew

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:35 pm
Alassante.

Meh. I always preferred hobbit culture anyway. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:45 pm
My name is real life is Heath, which means one who lives in a swamp (Bog/Heath), or a temprate swamp (Bog/Heath). No matter where you look you will never be able to find my name! If anyone can find out what my name means in Quenya or Sindarian I would love you forever!  

Lawliet Riuzaki

Tears of the Siren

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:06 pm
Loicamardo perhaps? It literally means swamp dweller in Quenya. loica = swamp and mardo = dweller  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:30 pm
Well, in the back of the Return of the King, they list "Anna" (my name) as meaning "gift" in Elvish, so in a way, I guess I already have an Elvish name. However, using the name site that KK.trin posted, I came up with "Euranna" ("Euranne," to use the feminine ending) which means "grace." (And amusingly also contains my actual name).  

Freckled Firebird

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:43 am
My name means "[shining or sparkling] light". Or, alternately, "guiding light". So in Quenya, that would be "Rilma" or "Tulyacálë". I think. sweatdrop  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff