Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Discrimination Against Chinese Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Americans Nasty?
  All Americans are Nasty
  Most of Americans are Nasty
  Some Americans are Nasty
  None of Americans are Nasty
View Results

-alwaysmile-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:19 pm
xu650863441
black_fairy12
I've never been to America so i don't know how it must have been like for u, i feel so srry for what your father did to u. But online i see guilds and groups that specifically are made for people who hate asians (especially chinese) for no reason. What they really say about chinese ppl are awful, most of them aren't true. It's like they base something that one person does to the whole race. Most ppl from Canada aren't like that cause it's normal to see different cultures there cause it's a mult-cultural country! Proud to be canadian biggrin biggrin

Are these guilds on Gaia? Man, it's enough to hear false rumors about Chinese every so often around me. But it's worse to hear that there are people who makeup things about Chinese people online. Maybe that's because how westernpeople looked at Chinese people in the past. In the past, Western people had always looked down upon Chinese, they thought they are superior. They tried to take over China. They call us "The Sickness of the East." I wish that they get punished for their doings.

Hmm not sure about Gaia, but when i was searching on some bloggroups on Xanga, woaah some of the titles of the groups were pretty harsh. I dunno if they shut them down yet cause i left Xanga for a long time already, but not because of that ^__^.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:31 pm
Niphz
Well, I don't think any power in the world right now is willing to risk anything for military conquest to be fair.. I mean, look at it this way, China is such a great country anyway, we don't need to invade anyone.

By the way, the thing in your sig is hilarious. XD

Thanks biggrin
The truth is that China's population density is really high. Sometime in the future, we really need more land.  

Etaf Evael

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:12 pm
Your stepfather sounds horrible.
I'm glad your mother and you are finally free from him.

Anyways I was born and raised in America. [ABCV]
I lived in a white middle class community in the Minnesota suburbs. When I first enrolled in the education system, I was one of the 4/720 asian students in a k-8 school. I could not speak english at first. I used to get asked alot about my Chinese heritage. Most of the kids ignored me since my parents weren't friends with their parents or their parents weren't as strict. But they were always nice to me even if a friendship seemed unlikely. You can say my kindergarden to 6th grade was very lonely and in solitude I guess. I rarely spoke. I did not develop any close friendships until Middle school.

People made asian jokes often but I knew they were just kidding. Even myself and my friends did. =) No harm intended of course..

But one year my family moved into a highly black neightborhood. [Please don't take offense to this] Well I recall our first months there as poorly disopliend(sp) children harassed us. It was either ding dong ditch or throw rocks at our windows... But eventrally the hazing was done after we reported it to the housing agentcy. I think their parents disoplended them..
What was funny was because of our ethnicity, were were given different unit than what they had promised us when we had signed the less.

0-0 I think it just depends where you are. Some communities in America are more accepting/responsible than others. America isn't as bad as it sounds. Lets just say some communities still need some evoluing.

xD Even in Houston with the huge Vietnamese and Chinese community I feel like an outcast. I guess I'm too mericanized/whitewashed/assimulated.
-Totally ignored by fobs in Houston-

[Pardon my poor spelling skills.]

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:28 am
I am American, but I've mentioned in a previous thread that I'm part Chinese. ^^ I have alot of asian pride, despite the fact that I'm mixed with other ethnicities, I'm still proud of all of them as well.

Still, I find that when I tell people that I'm part Chinese, all of a sudden it doesn't even seem like I'm American anymore. People look at the country, rather than me as an individual or whatnot. And yeah, alot of stereo-types out there...but I don't know...maybe I haven't been through half the hell that full-blood asians go through, but it still ticks me off to have to go through some of it--ya know?

Not all Americans are bad. Still, I can attest that alot of them are a**holes. It wasn't always like that. I look back on my life and think...'wow...where did we go wrong?' Because every year it seems like it's just getting worse...

How can I be proud to be an American? Some things about us are rather revolting. I can admit to that. u.u  

Daydream Silhouette

Married Husband

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:27 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
Your stepfather sounds horrible.
I'm glad your mother and you are finally free from him.

Anyways I was born and raised in America. [ABCV]
I lived in a white middle class community in the Minnesota suburbs. When I first enrolled in the education system, I was one of the 4/720 asian students in a k-8 school. I could not speak english at first. I used to get asked alot about my Chinese heritage. Most of the kids ignored me since my parents weren't friends with their parents or their parents weren't as strict. But they were always nice to me even if a friendship seemed unlikely. You can say my kindergarden to 6th grade was very lonely and in solitude I guess. I rarely spoke. I did not develop any close friendships until Middle school.

People made asian jokes often but I knew they were just kidding. Even myself and my friends did. =) No harm intended of course..

But one year my family moved into a highly black neightborhood. [Please don't take offense to this] Well I recall our first months there as poorly disopliend(sp) children harassed us. It was either ding dong ditch or throw rocks at our windows... But eventrally the hazing was done after we reported it to the housing agentcy. I think their parents disoplended them..
What was funny was because of our ethnicity, were were given different unit than what they had promised us when we had signed the less.

0-0 I think it just depends where you are. Some communities in America are more accepting/responsible than others. America isn't as bad as it sounds. Lets just say some communities still need some evoluing.

xD Even in Houston with the huge Vietnamese and Chinese community I feel like an outcast. I guess I'm too mericanized/whitewashed/assimulated.
-Totally ignored by fobs in Houston-

[Pardon my poor spelling skills.]

I think you are right. When I just came to America in 9th grade. I knew very little English as well. But some of the students knew I was new to America, some of them called me names. One of them made fun of me using words I didn't understand. When I changed to a new school, basically no one made fun of me.

When I go to the Chinatown I feel like an outcast because I don't understand what they are speaking. I only speak Manderin. They speak many different Chinese languages, and they are from other parts of China.
Maybe you also experienced the same things when you were in Houston.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:31 pm
[K]urom3
I am American, but I've mentioned in a previous thread that I'm part Chinese. ^^ I have alot of asian pride, despite the fact that I'm mixed with other ethnicities, I'm still proud of all of them as well.

Still, I find that when I tell people that I'm part Chinese, all of a sudden it doesn't even seem like I'm American anymore. People look at the country, rather than me as an individual or whatnot. And yeah, alot of stereo-types out there...but I don't know...maybe I haven't been through half the hell that full-blood asians go through, but it still ticks me off to have to go through some of it--ya know?

Not all Americans are bad. Still, I can attest that alot of them are a**holes. It wasn't always like that. I look back on my life and think...'wow...where did we go wrong?' Because every year it seems like it's just getting worse...

How can I be proud to be an American? Some things about us are rather revolting. I can admit to that. u.u

Then you can be proud of being both.  

Etaf Evael

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:22 pm
practically all americans are nasty. =D  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:35 pm
xu650863441
[K]urom3

Thank you. n-n I kinda needed to hear that.  

Daydream Silhouette

Married Husband

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Weiwei Haoma

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:08 pm
Everybodies nice here -_- they don't even know I'm Asian they only make fun of the natives here. But I had poor socializing skills in Elementary school because my parents were too Asian and gave me workbooks and were really strict so I envied the white peoples, and the other Chinese people who had Canadianlized parents.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:16 pm
I live in BC, Canada and the people are generally nice but you do notice racism. They don't say anything or do anything noticeable. It's kinda subtle like... more bonus marks for the white girl with the blonde hair. That kind of thing. You rarely ever see Asian girls who can find a job... because we're small.

But the youth are generally nice and I've actually rarely hear any racist remarks. This is in my town anyways. Go to the next town and you get these nasty stares from these red neck white supremacists.

And if I had a choice I'd move to Richmond. I love that place, it's like China Island. You still get racism in Vancouver though. I live up north about a 20 hr drive from Vancouver.

And yeah 2nd generation Chinese XD I know what you mean. Can only understand but can't speak. I have poor reading skills but my pronunciation is quite good and can read a grade 1 book XDD well it really isn't something to laugh about because... being Chinese and you can't read or write in your language puts you at a disadvantage. So, I'm trying to learn to read more and speak my Cantonese. I'm also learning Mandarin which isn't really all that hard. ^_^

And the Stereotype that Chinese people are smart. I think it all comes to family background. If you have strict parents, you may tend to study and do better at school. I personally have sub par English skills and above average Math and Science skills. I notice I have good memory (memorizing facts) which comes in handy for Social Studies. But being smart makes you kind of anti-social, my parents are strict so I almost never go out anywhere. And my town is small, so what would be outstanding here could very well be sub par in places like Vancouver. I envy those Chinese kids who actually speak Chinese at home. -_-

EDIT:
Speaking your home language at home is like 'lite!

Omg... I have to say this:

My very Asian friend is half Vietnamese and Chinese. (Calls herself chinkyviet lol) Well she's insanely Asian and wants to marry either a Korean or Japanese man so she can spawn the Ultimate Asian children like viet, chinese and japanese. And I swear she wants her children to marry so that her grandchildren would be like viet, chinese, korean, japanese, and the cycle goes on. If things went perfect she'd probably marry someone half Japanese and Korean. O.O She speaks Cantonese, Viet, Hokkien and is learning Mandarin. Is she like the UBER ASIAN or what?! I know there are more uberly asian people out there but she is insane and I'd like to share this to the world.

Purin9191

Kodocha579

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:09 pm
okay the people who said all americans are nasty are deffinately so wrong in the vote. four people. stereptype anyone. you cant say that just because they live in a certian county they act a certian way. i was born in illinois, but my mother immigrated from hong kong, and i dont feel there is much discrimination at all, if anything its in a positive way. teachers think the asian ones are always the smart reliable ones.

and looks in shops, are you serious, thats not discrimination at all. they have to be wary, so they dont get stolen from or stuff like that. so maybe they look at everyone that way. i think you might take things too personally.

and i get all A's and am "smart" but i also swim and play softball, have a social life, boyfriend, go to parties and the normal thing if you can say anything is normal  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:58 am
haha then you have awesome Hong Kong parents. Well, my mother is from Hong Kong so there are things that she's slack on, and my dad lived in Canada for most of his young adult life so he's kind of slack on other things but they're still strict and think the other kids are weird. -_- and I have little social life out of school. I'm also "smart" and decently athletic (basketball, badminton, swimming, dance, tae kwon do) Dance and swimming while I was younger. But boyfriend is out of the question and parties also. *sigh* And no, I don't think all Americans are nasty but the American tourists we get here from cruise ships think they are all better than us Canadians. And yes, I think we are stereotyping ourselves too much and making lame excuses for why people treat us this way. And I noticed I've been getting less optimistic in my life... so I'm making a lot of excuses up. Before I was like, "so what if they are racist, I can still do what I want to do and I'll try harder and surpass that damn white b***h with the blonde hair", now it's like "damn.. they're racist, that's why I didn't get this or that etc etc."  

Purin9191

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:22 pm
[K]urom3
xu650863441
[K]urom3

Thank you. n-n I kinda needed to hear that.

You also need to believe that. smile  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:32 pm
Purin9191
I live in BC, Canada and the people are generally nice but you do notice racism. They don't say anything or do anything noticeable. It's kinda subtle like... more bonus marks for the white girl with the blonde hair. That kind of thing. You rarely ever see Asian girls who can find a job... because we're small.

But the youth are generally nice and I've actually rarely hear any racist remarks. This is in my town anyways. Go to the next town and you get these nasty stares from these red neck white supremacists.

And if I had a choice I'd move to Richmond. I love that place, it's like China Island. You still get racism in Vancouver though. I live up north about a 20 hr drive from Vancouver.

And yeah 2nd generation Chinese XD I know what you mean. Can only understand but can't speak. I have poor reading skills but my pronunciation is quite good and can read a grade 1 book XDD well it really isn't something to laugh about because... being Chinese and you can't read or write in your language puts you at a disadvantage. So, I'm trying to learn to read more and speak my Cantonese. I'm also learning Mandarin which isn't really all that hard. ^_^

And the Stereotype that Chinese people are smart. I think it all comes to family background. If you have strict parents, you may tend to study and do better at school. I personally have sub par English skills and above average Math and Science skills. I notice I have good memory (memorizing facts) which comes in handy for Social Studies. But being smart makes you kind of anti-social, my parents are strict so I almost never go out anywhere. And my town is small, so what would be outstanding here could very well be sub par in places like Vancouver. I envy those Chinese kids who actually speak Chinese at home. -_-

EDIT:

My very Asian friend is half Vietnamese and Chinese. (Calls herself chinkyviet lol) Well she's insanely Asian and wants to marry either a Korean or Japanese man so she can spawn the Ultimate Asian children like viet, chinese and japanese. And I swear she wants her children to marry so that her grandchildren would be like viet, chinese, korean, japanese, and the cycle goes on. If things went perfect she'd probably marry someone half Japanese and Korean. O.O She speaks Cantonese, Viet, Hokkien and is learning Mandarin. Is she like the UBER ASIAN or what?! I know there are more uberly asian people out there but she is insane and I'd like to share this to the world.

Lol, blond hair in America some people call them bimbos. That means they are not very bright. In Canada maybe it's different. Not all Asian girls are small. On the other hand, being small is not a reason not finding non-labor related jobs.

Is Vancouver a China land? I am a first generation Chinese, I came from Beijing and schools in Beijing is very strict, and schools in America are much harder than schools in America. Maybe that's why people say Asians are smart.

Chinese+Japanese+Vietnamese+Korean=Ultimate Asian.
3nodding  

Etaf Evael

Weiwei Haoma

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:53 pm
xu650863441
Purin9191

EDIT:

Lol, blond hair in America some people call them bimbos. That means they are not very bright. In Canada maybe it's different. Not all Asian girls are small. On the other hand, being small is not a reason not finding non-labor related jobs.

Is Vancouver a China land? I am a first generation Chinese, I came from Beijing and schools in Beijing is very strict, and schools in America are much harder than schools in America. Maybe that's why people say Asians are smart.

Chinese+Japanese+Vietnamese+Korean=Ultimate Asian.
3nodding

Vancouvers in Canada and everyones like Asian there...mostly Chinese, like EVERYONE. No doubt schools in Beijing are strict my mom says our schools suck and I say "just send us to Hong Kong".

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff