Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild History: A Long Expected Guild Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:04 am
I always kind of liked the name "Gondolin." You know, since it was a hidden sanctuary just like our guild. 3nodding

EDIT: I was reading up on it on the Council of Elrond, and the description just seemed perfect for our guild:

Council of Elrond
Turgon was aiming to prepare a last refuge against foretold disaster, but yet he also wanted to dwell in a fair place, as much like Tirion as possible. He found the location for Gondolin after being told by Ulmo to go searching for a hidden pass. The power of Ulmo in the Vale of Sirion also helped keep it secret. A law was set down that any stranger who might find their way to the city was not to leave, and no one but the people living there were to know its whereabouts. Within the mountain perimeter, all that was fair in elven culture was preserved, with reverence.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:28 am
I forgot about Gondolin. You're right, Nienna, that would be a fitting name. Course, no one could ever leave, but that's ok. Who wants to? It doesn't last quite as long as Numenor or Aman, but that's irrelevant anyway.

I still don't have a strong preference one way or the other, but Gondolin (or "The Hidden Realm" or "Ondolinde" or "Gondolin: The Hidden Realm") seems like the best (i.e. least fraught with personal feelings) choice so far.  

Nimbrethil

Edrahil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:49 am
I like the Undying Lands, but I also like Gondolin.... too hard to decide.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:15 am
Sweet and merciful Eru Iluvatar Numenore!

Oh, and...

Quote:
3. What Falathrim said.

Don't hurt me!  

Falathrim

Thaxul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:28 am
I like "the Undying Lands" whee  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:32 am
I have arrived sweatdrop  

Nolah de Fanel

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:41 am
I like Gondolin - The Hidden Realm. 3nodding If not that, then I think we should stick with The Undying Lands.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:53 am
...dammit.

You all suck.

Don't hurt me again!  

Falathrim

Zach McClure

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:00 am
Actually I think more people are afraid of the great and mighty Falathrim hurting them for not calling it Numenore.

And as much as I hate to admit this, I like The Undying Lands for a name. Yes, I'm a fan of Men, and I rather dispise the Elves, but the purpose of this guild was to create a safe haven from the onslaught of the idiots, so the name is rather apropose.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:02 am
A safe haven from the idiots that some of us are banned from. razz  

Falathrim

Zach McClure

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:10 am
Falathrim
A safe haven from the idiotas that some of us are banned from. razz

So buy some Elf ears

*Ducks*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:23 am
Zach McClure
So buy some Elf ears

*Ducks*

And betray my kindred?

NEVAR!!!111OLOL  

Falathrim

Kazaera

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:23 am
Well, if we consider Elves/Men the Forum regulars and the fangirsl the Orcish Hordes, Gondolin works as a refuge. Admittedly, still mostly populated by Elves, but some Men.

*likes Gondolin as a name. Even if it means she made her banner for nothing.*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:26 am
Gondolin: A city of Elves, of whom outsiders are barred entry. The exception being Hurin and Huor, who Throndor brought in, and Tuor (who was later dubbed an Elf) who Ulmo brought in.

:/

You also aren't allowed to leave. Ever.

I should shut up. Really, I should.  

Falathrim

Zach McClure

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:38 am
Um, well...here's a suggestion for a name, but it might not be looked upon too kindly.

A fortress (That would make men happy) that is mostly secure from invading forces. Uhh

How about Helm's Deep? ((But then that pisses the Elves off, doesn't it?))  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff