Christopher Paolini Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:48 am
Just started to read the Epistles and I has discovered that skimming is the best way to read the book, and I'm so glad that's what I did.

My warped version of Eragorn and Eldest are strangely better then the actual thing....I would also like express my profound hatred for the Arya and Eragon relationship. If they get together it will be the end of the world as we know it......alternatively I shall not read the third book and live in happy ignorant bliss.

[edit] Have read up to no. 5 now and progressively developed a strong dislike for both the author and the "character" Eragon.

Epistler
Meanwhile those who read his books must suffer through an endless string of Eragon whining, Eragon throwing tantrums like a four year old, Eragon magically getting stronger without doing any work, Eragon being praised to the skies by a bunch of yes-men other characters, and Eragon doing stupid and irresponsible things and getting away with it without so much as a slap on the wrist.

[Edit] Just finished reading epistles so far. Both the author and novel are dead to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:55 pm
I love Anti-Shurtugal. heart  

Galadedrid Damodred

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:09 pm
Galadedrid Damodred
I love Anti-Shurtugal. heart
Me too.

They are individuals much like myself.

I adore their juicy, understanding minds. Must create cryogenic chambers for them.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:57 am
Rudhheniel
I couldn't really say I have not read any of his books. I'll have a look at it later and "report back". However I did like the Eragon tril. (books not movies which were absolutely horrible, second book not so much first...and still subject to change depending on how the third book goes) so ....my judgement may not be too good...

[edit] Hahaha, I wondered why that name sounded so familiar, he's def. not a literary genius, but for his age he's not bad...lots of potential. As long as he doesn't slack off under all the pressure, you never know. ATM I think its reasonable to say he should be poked and prodded, but he is certainly not a vile, disgusting creature as you have put so nicely....

His age?! He was seventeen when Eragon was published, just so you know. People seem to think he's a fifteen-year-old literary genius. Even if he is a literary genius (which he's not - he's a copy cat), he is not fifteen. And he wasn't even a minor anymore when Eldest got published, so don't get me started on that. Just... don't.

Sorry. I always freak about the age-thing.  

mystifyingbliss

mystifyingbliss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:01 am
One other thing:

Some Anti-Paolini-people seem to think that Arya is a Mary-Sue because she wears a leather outfit. Now, don't get me wrong, because she most definitely is a Mary-Sue, but not because of the outfit. I mean, what would you wear on a journey throughout a country as big as Alagaesia, with a lot of chance at having to fight? A silk gown? Come on. I am no fan of Paolini or his books, but this particulair argument is just plain stupid.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:58 pm
Well....I'm 17 now, and I still think a novel of that size is quite an acheivement for someone that age. I blame it on the public for making it so popular. Shame Shame.  

Rudhe
Captain

Tharkun-kazad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:57 pm
The Inheritence Trilogy is a knock-off of LotR, but he added something different to it. I won't say I love it, but I don't hete it( the books anyways).
The movie.... that's a different story, I burned it and smashed it, I swear to the Valar. I'll try to get it up on YouTube, 'cause I recorded it. twisted

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:19 pm
WOO twisted

Tharkun-kazad

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:36 am
crying  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:44 pm
mystifyingbliss
One other thing:

Some Anti-Paolini-people seem to think that Arya is a Mary-Sue because she wears a leather outfit. Now, don't get me wrong, because she most definitely is a Mary-Sue, but not because of the outfit. I mean, what would you wear on a journey throughout a country as big as Alagaesia, with a lot of chance at having to fight? A silk gown? Come on. I am no fan of Paolini or his books, but this particulair argument is just plain stupid.

http://www.anti-shurtugal.com/wordpress/?p=23

You'll LOVE this.

Oh, and by the way, Paolini's elves are basically hippie atheist vegans. Assuming that Arya conforms to her race's social conventions, then we can assume she is also, at least, a vegan. Then why on Ea would she wear leather?  

Galad Aglaron
Crew

Talitha_rize

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:47 pm
*Coughs* I just have to clear one thing up, here . . .

Quote:
If you can find some other type of painful death for this desecrator of the fantasy genre and this offender of the young-writer ways... name it. NOW.

Chinese water torture! My favorite!
*coughs* now that that's over with, onward.

I have never read Eragon myself. I had people suggest it to me and was considering checking it out myself, but now, you've veered me far away from the idea. I was actually told that it was a mix between Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. I never heard anything about Star Wars in there, but, whatever. I hate Harry Potter and anyone that copies Lord of the Rings, so I wasn't sure about it anyway. I'm sorry to hear this. I was hoping he might exceed my expectations of totally sucking.

I need to vent real quick about one thing that bugs the crap out of me. Everyone always says that he is so amazing because he wrote a book by the time he was seventeen. That's not that amazing. I just turned fifteen, and I expect to finish writing my second major work by the time 2008 is over. Granted, I can be a nerd at times, but just how smart do you have to be? And while I do admit that most stories are already written in some way, that does not give any reason why anyone can steal other's works and twist them just enough to make the story possible to print without trouble. Find you own dang ideas!

Now, finally, my point: Why are you all so quick to murder him? The people of this generation deserve him! He is no match for Tolkien! Anyone willing to pick up a cheap book that is easy to read over an epic story that will continue to inspire readers for generations to come deserves just what they get! The only reason that they can't 'tackle' a book like Tolkien's is because they have forgotten how to read on a regular basis. Therefore, when they do read, it needs to be spoon-fed to them. God forbid anyone has to think when they read anymore. Down with them all! Send them all on an island never to return! twisted

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:50 am
Talitha_rize
*Coughs* I just have to clear one thing up, here . . .

Quote:
If you can find some other type of painful death for this desecrator of the fantasy genre and this offender of the young-writer ways... name it. NOW.

Chinese water torture! My favorite!
*coughs* now that that's over with, onward.

I have never read Eragon myself. I had people suggest it to me and was considering checking it out myself, but now, you've veered me far away from the idea. I was actually told that it was a mix between Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. I never heard anything about Star Wars in there, but, whatever. I hate Harry Potter and anyone that copies Lord of the Rings, so I wasn't sure about it anyway. I'm sorry to hear this. I was hoping he might exceed my expectations of totally sucking.

I need to vent real quick about one thing that bugs the crap out of me. Everyone always says that he is so amazing because he wrote a book by the time he was seventeen. That's not that amazing. I just turned fifteen, and I expect to finish writing my second major work by the time 2008 is over. Granted, I can be a nerd at times, but just how smart do you have to be? And while I do admit that most stories are already written in some way, that does not give any reason why anyone can steal other's works and twist them just enough to make the story possible to print without trouble. Find you own dang ideas!

Now, finally, my point: Why are you all so quick to murder him? The people of this generation deserve him! He is no match for Tolkien! Anyone willing to pick up a cheap book that is easy to read over an epic story that will continue to inspire readers for generations to come deserves just what they get! The only reason that they can't 'tackle' a book like Tolkien's is because they have forgotten how to read on a regular basis. Therefore, when they do read, it needs to be spoon-fed to them. God forbid anyone has to think when they read anymore. Down with them all! Send them all on an island never to return! twisted

Can you really be so cruel? *sob* These people need our help! They must be saved from their own idiocy! We would be no better - nay, we would be worse than they, should we allow them to continue down this ruinous path! We have a duty, my friends, a duty to save them from this abhorred Doom!  

Galad Aglaron
Crew

Talitha_rize

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:50 am
Quote:
Can you really be so cruel? *sob* These people need our help! They must be saved from their own idiocy! We would be no better - nay, we would be worse than they, should we allow them to continue down this ruinous path! We have a duty, my friends, a duty to save them from this abhorred Doom!

Cruel? Yes, and very much more so than I show! The chose their own poison, and now no one is willing to turn from their idiotic ways! If they all want to die in ignorant (not) bliss, let them! All I would be doing is helping them along. Hehe.

BTW, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink it. Idiocy is their choice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:41 pm
Talitha_rize
Quote:

Cruel? Yes, and very much more so than I show! The chose their own poison, and now no one is willing to turn from their idiotic ways! If they all want to die in ignorant (not) bliss, let them! All I would be doing is helping them along. Hehe.

BTW, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink it. Idiocy is their choice.

crying You have a very pragmatic way of looking at the world, My Lady. There are those out there who would be crushed by that logic.  

Galad Aglaron
Crew

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:01 am
O my...sounds very Hilter to me...just replace Jews with idiots...

Surely there must be a better solution.  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces