Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Things that could improve Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:50 am
What?? I looove the ink ribbons!! You can almost never run out of them, too... Don't be hatin' on my ribbons!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:54 am
Ink Ribbons kick a**. They should totally bring back the Ink Ribbons... Not that it'll restore Resident Evil.
The best thing Capcom can do at this point is start the whole series from scratch, taking aspects of the original that actually made the series GOOD. Then not ******** up again. Restarting the storyline Batman style.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:59 am
Ink ribbons are one of the reasons RE was great.

You have to choose between giving up an item slot for the ability to save or having a free item slot and knowing that if you die you will have to do lots of the game all over again.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:08 am
It was cool. It added much more of that survival aspect to it. EVERYTHING should be perishable.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:30 am
I know this sounds stupid but what do you mean by everything should be perishable?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:41 am
Like, a limited supply. Bullets, ink ribbons... Well, pretty much like things are in the good RE games.
Everything should have a limit.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:41 am
Personally I think Leon should have had a 'Stink meter' if he kept the fish in his inventory too long. Talk about perishable? I think the game would have been better if the fish rotted. Lord knows it would have given Ashley something else to complain about.

Lol, no WONDER jumping into the garbage pit didn't bother Leon... He already smells like one! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:06 am
RE4 is like Doom 1/2 because you get nearly infinite ammo to kill a lot of enemies that are dispatched quite easily.

I know in real life there would not be much ammo in the Spencer Mansion but who has ever heard of Spanish peasants carrying shotgun shells?!?!?! gonk  

Lisa Trevor

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:38 pm
Or better yet.... why are crows carrying these grenades.... I mean... when you shoot them... shouldn't they explode?

Now, having items in the nests makes perfect sense.... because Crows are attracted to shiny objects and collect them to line their nests with.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:24 pm
They're pimp crows. With their money and such. :3

[Le S h i t]

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:56 pm
haha... Noone but me owns birds eh?

Birds are attracted to shiny objects as a principal... I have 3 parrots who love running off with my jewelry... whee  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:52 am
I'm pretty sure grenades aren't that shiny. And still, at most the crows are gonna take is one coin, how they're carrying 500... Well, you explain that to me.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Resident Evil 4 is beyond redemption. The only thing that could improve Resident Evil is if I went back in time to destroy Capcom before RE4 got made.
But if I did that, then all of you would know that I destroyed Capcom, you wouldn't know how terrible RE4 is, so then, you'd see me as a terrorist against video games and all of you would hate me because RE4 never got a chance to come out...  

Biohazard EXTREME

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:20 am
Dam i hate time machines and time paradoxes scream

Maybe you could go back, get hired by Capcom and make RE4 better when it was still being developed.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:27 am
Yeah, then the Colonel will be like, "Snake! You've created a time paradox!"  

Biohazard EXTREME

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:18 pm
Although I don’t Biohazard EXTREME won’t be happy with this but I thought Rebirth 1 and 2 should have been a lot different.

This is a bit of a rant and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

In both scenarios Wesker seemed underpowered and unrealistic.

Wesker had just woken up and like most characters who had just gained powers like his he should not have known his capabilities.
If the game was in 3rd person then I would have liked to see him punching through a metal door with ease or killing several enemies with incredible ease. For example he could be surrounded by crimson heads and then kill them with one elegantly executed move.
Wesker is known for having better lines than most of the RE cast but ‘Lets take the virus for a test drive’ is awful because he shoots the next set of enemies before congratulating himself. There should have been a scene like I mentioned before in which the player has to hit some buttons in a combo to kill a bunch of enemies.
Also I don’t get why Lisa was the boss for Rebirth 1. Lisa would have no incentive to go to the labs.
Many people will tell you that Lisa wanted revenge and thus wanted to attack Wesker but half the time people will say Lisa mind was not capable of making any rational thoughts and will knock and Lisa theory down with that simple answer.
I know I’m going into this too much but Lisa would have had to perform simple tasks such as finding food, keeping her self warm among many other simple tasks. I agree that Lisa’s mind would not permit her rational thought.
If she climbed up the altar she would either go back to living her life in the cabin or simply going out of the front door. She would have no reason to fight Wesker
I think Wesker would either fight the Tyrant or loads of enemies like in other levels of UC.

Rebirth 2 annoys me even more and before anyone says that it is because of Lisa’s death it is not. I don’t think Lisa would have gotten out of the mansion alive but I think like Wesker she was not represented well in this level.

The level should have started at the fountain entrance to the labs and Wesker makes his way to the altar to get to the main hall. While in the altar he sees a trail of blood leading from where Lisa fell, leading up the stairs.
Wesker would make it to the main hall and walk to the front door and a cut scene would happen in which he reaches for the door knob and hears the rattle of chains behind him.
It would be Lisa with no faces covering her face. Her stocks would still be attached to her wrists and the left side of her body would be bloody indicating the damage from the fall. This would be her weak spot.
Lisa would be on the stairs and she would walk towards Wesker and the fight would take place in the main hall. Lisa would attack and move as normal. When her health is reduced to zero she falls over and proceeds to pick herself up.
Then an action scene would occur when Lisa runs at Wesker and he shoots at her and breaks the stocks.
The level would take place as normal but Lisa now attacks with crude punches and tentacle whips. She jump on Wesker like Ivan but she would try and press her thumbs into his eyes.
Wesker would still be shown as powerful as he would use his new strength to throw down some powerful punches and kicks.
What makes a better punch bag than a very reliant woman?
I can’t really explain it but Wesker would seem more powerful than Lisa in the entire scenario.

Wesker would only refer to her as a test subject rather than Lisa because he never knew his name.

Like before I apologies if I have placed this in the wrong topic.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff