Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Tips & Tricks | Investing & Marketing | Updated - 07/22/2007 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Were These Tutorials Helpful?
  Yes
  No
View Results

shignami5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:16 pm
User Image

I was always intimidated by investing and working in the MP and exchange, but i tried it for the first time about a month ago.

It's WAY easier than it seems.

Questing! User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:01 pm
heart  

Ah! My Goddess

Ah! My Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:08 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:10 pm
thx  

Swampsackmcgee

Hottiebrat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:35 pm
Very nice! I'm so going to try out the sealed letters part! heart Good job! can't wait to read the rest!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:42 pm
Wow, very in depth, I like it 3nodding  

DumberDan

Rosebudxo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:16 am
I have a suggestion for everyone. If you can gain up to 1k per day, that'd mean you'd have 7k by the end of the week. All you have to do is take an hour out of your day to post, comment people's profile, PM other users, etc. If you can gain 2k per week that'd be. If you gain 2k per day, that'd be 14k a week. If you gained 3k per day, that'd be 21k by the end of the week. If you kept that up with only 1k per day or more, you could have, if not 28k, more than 28k within a month. If you can gain 2k or more a day, you could near 100k, if not, more. <3 If you could gain nearly 100k a month, by September you'd have 500k. @_@ Now with college, I don't know if I can do that once it starts in September again. Donations, selling, etc. can easily help you get 1k in a day. I nearly got 1k in a day in just participating in the "Donate to the Person Above You" thread. Possibly more including the items I got. I'm going to be buying a sealed letter or more from gaia (not users) and sell them. If you do something like that, it can help. <3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:07 pm
hmm..yes,this tutorial is very informative
but this months letters took a toll
i bought all my sealeds at 12k each
now,i can only sell them for at least 10.5k each
im very mad that my investment turned on me
i noticed that all months before(jan,feb,march,etc.)
that the Donation Items boosted up to at least 14k+
i just wasted a alot of gold for this><  

Iruzin

ic3fire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:24 am
I'm not sure but I've found that if there are more than 50 pages of sealeds after the 10-14th than it may turn out to be a loss rather than profit. Like this month where the priced dropped 3k almost instantly after release.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:45 am
Not that Im happy with the price drop since I lost 12k+ but honestly, this months items were pretty crap.

MintyPancakes

ic3fire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:57 am
I guess there's always a risk when dealing with sealeds.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:08 am
I don't know if this has been said, but don't be afraid to be a hardass in the exchange. Undercut people; rebid with .1k's (i.e. someone bids 12k, you bid 12.1k). It pisses people off, but sometimes will get you the best deal. Also, if people are asking you to bid higher and you don't want to, don't. I usually say, "That's as high as I'm going. Take it or leave it." It may work, it may not. It all depends on the person and how popular/wanted the item is. I know I've gotten some deals by doing that.

If someone says, "just send trade" for an MC and they're selling it way under the MP price, jump on it. Don't bother posting or PMing them. Just start the trade with whatever item they're selling in the title and add however much gold you need to. I've gotten a Gwee for 11k before.

Check TekTek for item prices/trends. If you notice an MC is going down, don't buy it. Look for ones that are going up. I've lost a few k by not paying attention to the trends.

Once you get the hang of it, I promise it's real simple. Some days you won't get many deals, but don't let it discourage you. There's always tomorrow. 3nodding

Oh. And try to avoid reselling in the Exchange. It's best to resell in the MP because many users don't want to deal with the bid wars in the forums, even if they'd get a better price than MP. Just sell the item for 1g less than the lowest buy price. It generally will sell. ;P

`Tahirah
Vice Captain

Ah! My Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:40 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:41 pm

Thanks! 3nodding

Kartek

OMG Ink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:21 pm
This is a very informative thread. biggrin Good work.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff