Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:11 pm
Saya is right. The Skyward sword game is for the wii. There is a dungeons game available in the Zelda series, which is the most recent game, and I think its the Zelda dungeons game that is available for the wii u.

In Skyward sword, the glitch Terry was mentioning is in the desert area where you have to defeat these lazer shooting towers that you have to get rid of without falling off of the platform into the hole or getting killed by the lazers. Your character will want to continue rotating left as if the mouse button on the computer is stuck on one of them games like warcraft and your character cannot stop spinning the one direction and making you in the process dizzy.

One thing to know about the game otherwise, is that there are four main areas. Grass, home, flame, and desert. Home is in the sky, just so you know. In the grasslands, you meet these rodents that are actually cute. The firelands, its moles. In the desert, its robots (go figure, right). In the sky its everybody else really, but mainly birds.

I just love that pumpkin hotel in the game where you kick the upstairs wall and kill the chandellier just so you can get a piece of heart. I laughed my a** off when the thing came down. They tell you not to do that, but hey, you're a man, nobody tells you what to do.

The only annoying thing in the game, believe it or not is your sword. (It should have been the helper in Sprit sword to be honest) But, it does translate Hylian text for you.

Oh, and to mount your skywing, you literally go for a suicidal fall then whistle for the bird before you drop too far down. At night, you gotta defeat a rabid kitty amongst the enemies that are not so annoying.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:08 am
I love how it isn't as easy as other zelda games, but still just as fun. Plus, I like it how, as shields actually do, is break if its had too much abuse and depending on the type will cause additional reactions.

A metal shield will conduct electricity and therefore zap you. Not cool for when in the desert. Likewise, in the grass area, they should have the metal one to start with, but you don't. This is good in the sense that you've got to be cautious with how to use what Link has.

If only Midna could see Link with that decrepit shield that it actually does break. She would be laughing herself deeper into twilight she'd find it that funny.  

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard
Crew

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100

DMChumble

Tycoon

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:42 pm
I know that I already told you guys that my favorites are Dark Link, Shiek, and Fierce Deity Link, but I forgot to mention this to you guys last time. You can actually get a book that pieces the games together as officially stated by the makers of the Zelda games. It's called Hyrule Historia, i had one on my computer that I downloaded that also included where Skyward Sword takes place which leads me to think maybe a new edition of the book appears every so often with new games added to the Timeline part of the book. Hope that helps you guys out.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:05 am
Ha ha ha ha ha, well, Dee's sister already owns that book. Sorry to burst your bubble there Chumble, but my wife already knew about Hyrule Historia.

She prefers her own version of what happened better than that book.  

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard
Crew

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:56 pm
Ahaha, wasn't there a game that did that too? I mean, not based on damage, but if you went into Lava with the wooden shield it would break... Was it Ocarania of Time?

I remember my older brothers talking about the game (I didn't play many video games at the time). They would try to get through the entire game without burning any shields, because they wanted the original wooden one. I laughed, because they would reset the entire game just because they lost that one.

That sounds interesting, Chumble. (Also, Terry, I think maybe he was just saying for anyone who happened to read the post, not just Dee and you specifically)
Ahaha, I do that with some things too. Prefer my version than the actual thing, I mean. I won't go into any details of anything, because that would definitely mean huge spoilers, and nobody wants those ^^"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:17 pm
1. My favorite Zelda character has to be Midna, but only because it wouldn't be very original to say Link, but she is a very close second. Midna is probably the only one of Link's "sidekicks" that I didn't hate. That alone got her up to my top 5 characters, but her character development throughout the course of the game was just so well thought out and realistic that I couldn't help thinking that she should have been made a recurring character throughout the games.

2. Twilight Princess, which also happens to be my favorite game in the franchise. It's just too much fun using the items in that game and that is my favorite design of Link, as well.

3. I most definitely could. Writing fanfiction is actually a lesser known hobby of mine because I usually don't like to show my writings or drawings often.  

Gallant Halliviere

Shady Businesswoman

15,175 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard
Crew

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:08 am
Gallant Halliviere
1. My favorite Zelda character has to be Midna, but only because it wouldn't be very original to say Link, but she is a very close second. Midna is probably the only one of Link's "sidekicks" that I didn't hate. That alone got her up to my top 5 characters, but her character development throughout the course of the game was just so well thought out and realistic that I couldn't help thinking that she should have been made a recurring character throughout the games.

2. Twilight Princess, which also happens to be my favorite game in the franchise. It's just too much fun using the items in that game and that is my favorite design of Link, as well.

3. I most definitely could. Writing fanfiction is actually a lesser known hobby of mine because I usually don't like to show my writings or drawings often.

Excellent summary, and welcome to the Renaissance Galaxy guild. Be sure to post in the welcome thread so we have a nickname we can call you. And please try to be original about it with a back-story too.

If you need help with that, just read the role-play called King of Fighters one liners to see what some of the original characters are like.

Namely Corrigan Bogard, Saya, Ice Yagami, and Empress Dee.  
83. Dead threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff